Let's bounce

I really enjoyed SRIV so thought I'd give GOOH a shot and, to be fair, I kinda liked it as well.

The only thing about SRIV I didn't enjoy was the Fraud challenges but they were nothing compared to the Fraud challenges in this.  I've now spent longer trying to obtain the 'Let's Bounce' Trophy than I have completing the rest of the gameplay.  I've tried the suggestions in the other post but am still getting nowhere.  A few of my friends have also gave it a shot when they've been round and TBH I think I'm going to need to replace my controller & TV before I can get this trophy.

Does anyone have any new helpful advice on how to complete this or should I just start looking at new TV prices?

p.s. I think I'm going to play it safe when Agents Of Mayhem is released and make sure there isn't a variation of the fraud challenges before I buy it.

Cheers Folks

Yeah, that trophy was a pain in the keister.  

Get to open freeway, cause a traffic jam and try just jumping from vehicle to vehicle.  I think that's how I did it.

Edit - To be more specific, I didn't even ragdoll, I just jumped from hood to hood during the Fraud challenge. 

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It still doesn't seem like OP has the trophy yet so I'll leave this here despite this thread being couple weeks old, and there's also good chance OP isn't the only one having trouble with this trophy.

I personally had trouble with this as well and even was a platinum blocker for a while. But there IS sort of a trick to make this feel easier and it's how I eventually got this trophy.

Find an open road with car coming in front of you, run towards it and ragdoll (R2?) so the character is sort of doing this rapid cartwheel-esque motion, and hit the car in front of you from there. There's a good chance you should now be flying and it should feel like you're actually in control of the character a little bit and it'll be easier to hit cars on the same road in front of you, not to mention you already got 1 out of 5 cars in a row out of the way. I might even remember actually touching the ground (but not out of ragdoll state) in the middle of trying to hit 5 cars in a row and still getting the trophy.

Visual walkthrough if you don't quite fully understand what I'm trying to say (Below is from SRIV but same method works for Gat out of Hell):

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 1

Hmm, this one is very tricky. You just have to continue trying. Even when going faster seems like the better way to do it I noticed that when you're doing cartwheel some vehicles can explode on impact which throws you hundreds yards away. That's the annoying aspect of Gat out of hell and my main problem when i was trying to get the trophy.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

i did mine in the middle of the city there was a ton of dump trucks big monster trucks etc and i just bounced around like crazy and it popped for me on my second try but on ps3 omg it took afew days i think they made it abit more forgiving for ps4 im not sure but after i did mine i had to do it for my gf aswell and still not much problem the city area makes it alot easier than the ones ive seen in videos and by city area i mean near where devil dudes tower is theres some underground roads nearby etc

This was the worst trophy in the game, SRIV wasn't as bad. The main issue is when you start exploding cars. It wouldn't be as bad if not for that crap. I just remember getting lucky finally, none of the tricks worked for me either. It sucked. Its what keeps me from bothering to play the game on PS3 despite having a blast with it otherwise.

17 hours ago, A1rPun said:

@JWHilliard Damn you did left the game with 1 trophy left on your list. Can I ask you to try it again soon so you will get a shiny platinum as reward?

I'm going to try this trophy tonight myself.

I think I've thrown more time into trying for this than the rest of GOOH's content combined. 

The possibility that a few minutes work would 100% the game really annoys me, but the amount of time I've chucked into not managing it annoys me more.

• Like 1

@JWHilliard I see, I thought maybe if you get challenged again you want to get the trophy again :)

Got my platinum this weekend and this specific trophy is definitely 98% based on luck and 2% on skill.

Just to note that I got the trophy on the easy fraud mission. Make sure the yellow bar is empty because if it is filled it will explode cars.

The cartwheel strat is very awesome and more based on skill then luck but still it is hard to pull off because it's still a little random. 

@A1rPun Usually I find it near impossible to turn down a challenge, but with this one I've got to accept I'm more likely to have to pay for a new controller/TV than I am to complete the trophy.

I've even thought of switching off trophy notifications & challenging a few friends to complete it (without telling them I can't) in the hope of tricking one of them into doing it for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 4:35 PM, JWHilliard said:

I really enjoyed SRIV so thought I'd give GOOH a shot and, to be fair, I kinda liked it as well.

The only thing about SRIV I didn't enjoy was the Fraud challenges but they were nothing compared to the Fraud challenges in this.  I've now spent longer trying to obtain the 'Let's Bounce' Trophy than I have completing the rest of the gameplay.  I've tried the suggestions in the other post but am still getting nowhere.  A few of my friends have also gave it a shot when they've been round and TBH I think I'm going to need to replace my controller & TV before I can get this trophy.

Does anyone have any new helpful advice on how to complete this or should I just start looking at new TV prices?

p.s. I think I'm going to play it safe when Agents Of Mayhem is released and make sure there isn't a variation of the fraud challenges before I buy it.

Cheers Folks

With SR4 you could hold the button to rag doll and cartwheel around the level. I usually got gold very easily. I haven't tried it in GOOH yet.

Edit

I didnt read the trophy description. I can see it being challenging. I am downloading the game right now (why I'm checking forums) and will attempt it asap. 

Edited by Toogie53

I got it after about 30-45 mins of trying. I had the best luck on the freeway. The cars would fling me high in the air and I could line up where I landed pretty well while I fell from so high up. I had a few  times where I got four and landed right next to a fifth. Also, I found that if a car has already exploded it doesn't count. Best of luck!

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

On 27/01/2018 at 3:57 AM, Toogie53 said:

With SR4 you could hold the button to rag doll and cartwheel around the level. I usually got gold very easily. I haven't tried it in GOOH yet.

Edit

I didnt read the trophy description. I can see it being challenging. I am downloading the game right now (why I'm checking forums) and will attempt it asap. 

Good luck.  I feel it's only fair to warn you, if you manage it easily I'm going to learn witchcraft in my spare time & cast some voodoo mumbo jumbo on you.

Edit, I just noticed you had a second reply. I'm off to search Youtube for black magic tutorials.

Edited by JWHilliard
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24.03.2018 at 4:52 PM, Vynzen said:

More than a month and still can't get this G.D.F. ridicolous trophy...  The last and only left for that Plat!  1f612.png

You need to find from what angle you need to hit the hood to get fly high, the highest you fly the bigger chance to get 5 hits. The luck % is only in the number of  upcoming cars. If you hit the hood and if it push you right on the street - you`re doin something wrong.

• 2 months later...

If you start bouncing while in Punishment mode, this shouldn't be *too* hard. Every time I hit a card I ended up getting thrown sky-high and with the ~8 seconds it'd take me to hit the ground, I wasn't exactly starving for time to find new cars to hit.

Also, garbage trucks drop explosive trash bags which periodically explode. They'll explode on contact, often when you're right above them, which I think shouldn't count as touching the ground. If you're having trouble finding cars, I recommend moving around - the 'bonus' from bonus areas seems negligible, and moving through the city seems to force more cars to spawn. Staying in one area often dries up the streets.

Unfortunately I got this trophy last year (before quitting the game due to a different, glitched trophy) so I can't remember exactly how I did it. But I definitely didn't spend hours grinding it.

Edit: Also, if you're playing co-op while attempting this trophy - don't. Just don't. I started playing GOOH again with my girlfriend and we noticed that, almost every time we attempted, I somehow managed to keep running into cars whereas she would spend the entire time running around looking for them. It seems that the game has trouble spawning enough cars for two players. I noticed way more cars once I switched to singleplayer.

Edited by regularegg

I thought I'd add a little more to what I posted before. Hopefully it helps someone. I think it's kind of funny I have only 6 trophies in this game and Let's Bounce is one of them, but others have only this trophy left to do. I went to the same Torment Fraud spawn point that is in the video that is linked in the trophy guide. However, after several failed attempts because there just was not enough cars around, I started turning left at that intersection and walking up the freeway on ramp.

Once I was on the freeway I'd stay to the side and then when a car was getting close, I'd try to jump in front of it while hitting the rag doll button. The impact would launch me really high into the air. I'd have 10-15 seconds before hitting the ground again. I could literally pan the camera around, target the next car, and then use the left stick to change direction mid-air and guide myself towards my target car. When i hit that car id bounce just as high again. It didn't feel like I needed luck at all. I had a few occasions where I didn't quite hit the car I was aiming at but after just a few tries I got the trophy. I feel like this method is very repeatable. It might be important to Keep holding the rag doll button the whole time.

Edited by Toogie53

I wasn't aware of this being a method but I also instinctively went onto the highway for this trophy.. only took me two attempts.

The single worst trophy in this game is the play x amount of hours, as with all Saints Row games. Need to idle for 7 more hours after completing everything, and I had even idled right at the beginning for 3 hours whilst getting Double Trouble. Absolutely ridiculous.

• 6 months later...
On 03/01/2019 at 3:06 PM, Jamescush147 said:

Why...why....why... 1f615.png

It's a tough but simple trophy that you really need luck on your side,

I'm down too 4 cars and almost.....that last one. Need it. 1f614.png

I've came back to this countless times and still haven't managed it.  I thought I had it today by jumping from car to car but it didn't award the trophy.

Does anyone know if this can be done via online multiplayer if I can find a volunteer to help me with this?