Should Konami re release yugioh games

TechnicalPixel

2 hours ago, TechnicalPixel said:

In my humble opinion I think that Konami should re release the older yugioh games such as Forbidden Memories, Duelist of the Roses, Monster Capsule, Capsule Monster Coliseum and Gx Tag Force Evolution and all the other games into collections for consoles  

Question unfortunately isn't whether they should, but rather will they because they abandoned games on consoles. They prefer their pachinko machines :(

xynlx.jpg

And to add insult to injury the metal gear solid 3 "remastered cutscenes" are on the pachinko machines only. 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

I would love a re release of duelist of the roses, but the problem is that it would mean konami having to do something for the fans and its become clear as day that they couldn't give a damn about us anymore :(

• Like 1

No, they shouldn't. They should go bankrupt and sell their franchises so they are in good hands instead that Konami moleste and turn their games into pachinkos.

Let's face it. Konami don't care anymore about fans, they don't care about respecting their stuff.

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

I wished they re-released games. i'd love to have a yu-gi-oh game with a platinum tbh. But i doubt we will ever see one. 

I'd just like on on Vita of all things. With the new movie (Dark Side of Dimensions) it would have been the perfect time and also with Arc-V sub ending soon and the new series getting dubbed (V-Rains) that also makes another reason to make a game... maybe based on one of those things?

Konami is a lost case... We cant do nothing... If they are smart, at this time, they already launch yugioh game, as mgs remasters with actual graphics, do a new silent hills, and start care about fans... But they are just stupid, and only care about mobile gaming and pes... Even pes dont receive too much atention like years ago

14 minutes ago, Karlsson89 said:

Having just played Uncharted: Fight for Fortune I would love to have another card game on Vita. And, as asked, even preferably an older version of Yu-Gi-Oh!, in my opinion it was better before they introduced those Elemental Heroes, black and white cards and who-knows-what-else :D

So base Yu-Gi-Oh! series. Before GX and before they implemented Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum and Link monsters? 
Sounds fair... although, I like the Elemental Hero monsters.

11 minutes ago, Nitro said:

So base Yu-Gi-Oh! series. Before GX and before they implemented Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum and Link monsters? 
Sounds fair... although, I like the Elemental Hero monsters.

Synchro and XYZ sound vaguely familiar. I played a Yu-Gi-Oh! game on the PS3 some time ago and there were so many new and complicated concepts in there. I looked them up and with some help I managed to win some games. But mostly I wish they would go back to simpler times (if they decided to release any game at all).

I liked some of the GBA games (until 2005 or so) and I also had a game for my PC a loooooong time ago, those were relatively simple and a lot of fun :)

They would if they would be profitable at a level that their business demands.

but i guess they wouldn't, so no. Probably not. IP belong to Companies, and Companies belong to shareholders. If it was a good idea for the shareholders they would have done it already.

8 minutes ago, Karlsson89 said:

Synchro and XYZ sound vaguely familiar. I played a Yu-Gi-Oh! game on the PS3 some time ago and there were so many new and complicated concepts in there. I looked them up and with some help I managed to win some games. But mostly I wish they would go back to simpler times (if they decided to release any game at all).

I liked some of the GBA games (until 2005 or so) and I also had a game for my PC a loooooong time ago, those were relatively simple and a lot of fun :)

Synchro (2008) and XYZ (2011).

Pendulous and Link were 2015 and 2017 respectively.

But I can agree that the GBA games were very fun back in the day. Although they don't stand the test of time, I would very much like to see some of the older ones re-released.

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

They would if they would be profitable at a level that their business demands.

but i guess they wouldn't, so no. Probably not. IP belong to Companies, and Companies belong to shareholders. If it was a good idea for the shareholders they would have done it already.

They aren't doing it because the card game is more than profitable already with the anime, actual product and manga. They don't need to make video games to go along with it to make it a huge success. Moreover, Konami released one in like 2015.

God yes. They are some of my favourite games ever. It'll be interesting to see if it ever happens. 

Konami hasn't abandoned gaming, they've just abandoned the AAA cost involved. Duel Links is doing well so the interest is there. It'd cost them next to nothing to get it done & that's all they care about. So let's hope they come. 

Should they? Yes.

Will they? No.

The reason may be #FucKonami or that they are in deep $hit but the more important one is the actual profit. 

Old games => no new cards => old metagame => old rules => no sales of cards since no one would want new series

YGO games are like anime, used to promote sales of cards. They need to promote new series. Releasing oldies would be counterproductive.

7 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Question unfortunately isn't whether they should, but rather will they because they abandoned games on consoles. They prefer their pachinko machines :(

xynlx.jpg

And to add insult to injury the metal gear solid 3 "remastered cutscenes" are on the pachinko machines only. 

FUUUUUUUUUUU, Pachinko rulezzzz :awesome: 

6 hours ago, Karlsson89 said:

Actually... XYZ exists to simplify metagame. 

Sure, Synchro summoning may look complicated at the start, but it's not really bad.

• Like 1

It would be nice, even if it's in the whole PS2 classics for the PS4, but I agree with others that I doubt Konami would even bother with such a thing.  But then again, if they are in it for the money, such a thing would be more profit for them.  So really, it could go either way if they ever did... but knowing them, they still wouldn't, cause it would mean they are trying to please their fans, and I'm sure that's against one of their rules now.

If they broke their rules, I'm sure they'll get the Hideo Kojima treatment.

• 1 month later...