Up on PSN for only $0.98

FielVeredus

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

Serious question, are games like this and Mayo satisfying to have in your cabinet? 

Satisfying? No. Without merit? ...also, no.

I want my 50th plat to be The Silver Case HD. I'd also like to play The Silver Case soon, as I've been looking forward to it for a while, so if earning this plat helps me play a game I'd like to play sooner, then I'll happily pick it up.

A hard plat equalling a good game is a myth, anyway. The games I enjoy playing are all laughably easy (VNs, rhythm games, and CYOA games are the genres I have fun with, and games like XIV are more of a grind than difficult), and I'm sure some people look at my trophy card and write me off, but ? I'm having fun with what I play. Granted, this is an easy, unsatisfying, trophy whore game, but I'll still be buying it so that I can not have to put off The Silver Case for the next six months.

Id prefer having only 10 plats which are hard earning ones and prove to be challenging rather then havig 100s of plats with 95 of them being games like these. (Not judging vn games or cinemtatic games, just stupid games this and the mayo one)

• Like 1

Another joke of a game I'll never be playing...  Serious question, are games like this and Mayo satisfying to have in your cabinet? 

As "satisfying" as anything else, I guess...

15 minutes ago, Kyl542 said:

Id prefer having only 10 plats which are hard earning ones and prove to be challenging rather then havig 100s of plats with 95 of them being games like these. (Not judging vn games or cinemtatic games, just stupid games this and the mayo one)

Why? If I have 10 hard plats, or 110 plats, with exactly the same 10 hard plats, why is the former better than the latter?

29 minutes ago, GlennRhee said:

Satisfying? No. Without merit? ...also, no.

I want my 50th plat to be The Silver Case HD. I'd also like to play The Silver Case soon, as I've been looking forward to it for a while, so if earning this plat helps me play a game I'd like to play sooner, then I'll happily pick it up.

The games I enjoy playing are all laughably easy (VNs, rhythm games, and CYOA games are the genres I have fun with, and games like XIV are more of a grind than difficult), 

We must have vastly different definitions of rhythm games.

Edited by starcrunch061

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

We must have vastly different definitions of rhythm games.

Love Live: School Idol Festival/Paradise, IA/VT: Colorful, Project Diva, etc. aren't rhythm games to you?

Also, I lost my reply to @B1rvine but the gist of it was that as long as the phenomenon doesn't get out of control (to where "real" games aren't being made anymore), I think having options like this - even if they're bad options - is fine. The game itself is meritless, but the platinum will help me play a game that I'm very excited for, so that's something I can't scoff at.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Come on people... don't buy this shit for the trophies.

Don't sacrifice the whole gaming world/community/industry just for a couple of epeen points on your PS account.

It's useless; the leaderboard whores, the ones consumed by OCD will not be able to help themselves. However, I bought 3 of these "games."

Let me be clear: they're for trophies, obviously, but if it makes you laugh out loud once, you already have your money's worth.

I can't speak of my e-peen because I recently e-castrated myself :D

Conclusion: You're preaching to a long dead horse. Look at the site you're on. Just play what you want and let it flow,

Another joke of a game I'll never be playing...  Serious question, are games like this and Mayo satisfying to have in your cabinet? 

Absolutely: I love mayonnaise, massages and dating, and high-resolution pictures and puzzles... I'm clearly the best gamer.

My fiance and I laughed for about 30mins to a hour for less than 5 bucks.... this is the relevant result ;]

1 hour ago, XShadowNebula01 said:

I'd never get around to play these kinds of games - ultra easy plat/trophies is their only selling point, which I don't care about much. I prefer to earn a single hard trophy in a game I like by actually doing something other than watching a cutscene or whatever, than 'earning' tons of them for basically pressing a single button continuously until I pop them all, or satisfying a somesuch pathetically easy requirement. (=w=) 

Good for you. You didn't add much to this except to speak about yourself. 5 'I' statements in 2 sentences.

Anyways, guys it's too late... this isn't a trend, it's a business/marketing tactic that is only going to get worse, and fast. 

Convince millions of idiots to not buy these games if this is the worst thing... until then, I dunno, focus on the crumbling world around you.

4K! 4K! 4K! 4K! 4K!

23 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Some Japanese games give you a plat in 3 minutes or less. 

No, no, no, no.

Just no.

38 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't know what the first two games are. I though you were talking about things like Guitar Hero or retro.grade.

Weeb games :awesome: 

Basically the dev that been busy doing profit from Steam Trading Card now move away (because it can't be do anymore) and try to sell plat here on PS4. I can see the trend coming.

It's also pathetic that dev offer cheat sheet on their facebook page even super easy to coded but still bugged list

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

Most of you have very similar easy plats in your games.... are you angry because this is honest?

Not good for the industry in general, but blunt and straightforward. It's up to the person buying the game what it's for.

Those weeb/Japanese games and mulitpopping games is better, right?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

I can't stand Jim Sterling. He is so full of himself. 

Edit: He managed to make a video longer than the time it takes to plat the game lol. 

Indeed.  AngryJoe and Jim Sterling videos should be shown 24/7 in prisons to deter crime.

4 hours ago, B1rvine said:

@GlennRhee

I respectfully disagree.  I don't think there's any merit in these types of games.  My issue isn't about if platinums are hard, easy, fast, or long.  My issue is that developers are releasing things that I would question if the word "game" even applies too, and marketing it as a free platinum.  I want to be buying games, not some "application" called a game that you're basically spending money to earn a platinum on.

At least VN's, Rhythm games, and CYOA are in the sense... games... and I have no issue with those.

Edit:  I do understand the milestone thing.

As somebody that is terrible at slide puzzles there would be more of a game here to me without using the solution tricks than there would be visual novels, interactive movies, Telltale games etc.  Just because it is an easy platinum doesn't mean there isn't a slide puzzle game at the core of it.  Sure it isn't an amazing slide puzzle game knowing that all puzzles have the same solution on each difficulty (Not that I would have clued into that myself) but that is still a game.

Edited by Hayabusa85
  • Like 2