Up on PSN for only $0.98

FielVeredus

Yup, the game page was completely removed.

I'm so bummed I didn't get to play that masterpiece.

Edit: Joke aside, developer replied my message and said it was pulled by Sony because they want him to change the game's name (probably the description too).

Edited by iedaraphael
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iedaraphael said:

Edit: Joke aside, developer replied my message and said it was pulled by Sony because they want him to change the game's name (probably the description too).

I also contacted the dev and got the same response, and he also posted an update on the facebook page. I guess Sony at least has some standards.

Edited by Pyramat

Wait, it got removed? Why the hell did that happen? I just bought it last night myself, some incredible timing.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Totally worth it :awesome:

Not like you can use PS4 for anything else :awesome:

I hope you're kidding, there's actually amazing games on PS4.

27 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6265-1000-top-rated-really-sony/

not sure but  are they really change the game name to this ?? lol

Nope. I checked a PSN profile and it's not. Probably PSNProfiles who added this! xD Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) I got the game before it got taken down! :awesome: When I heard about this, got to download it as fast as possible before it becomes impossible to download! xD Cannot wait some fights between these guys and Sony!

While games like My Name Is Mayo has some depths in its graphics, dumb philosophic sentences and story (What? This game has stories. They even refer some adult jokes!! I took time to read everything while working on the trophy guide...) and it's worth a laugh, making this $1 worth it. This was a good laugh to go through. :P But this "1000 Top Rated" was purposely a pure cash-in on the trophy hunters like us.

While games like My Name Is Mayo deserve their content and price, this "1000 Top Rated" has bad intentions. We hope that this is the breaking point when Sony will stop approving anything from anyone! :D Seriously, there must have quality control! It's becoming Steam more and more...

P.S. Remove The Life of a Black Tiger please...

Edited by Maxie Mouse

17 hours ago, Ric said:

Come on people... don't buy this shit for the trophies.

Don't sacrifice the whole gaming world/community/industry just for a couple of epeen points on your PS account.

You're saying this to the 22K+ people who bought My Name Is Mayo, yet ignore gems like MagRunner (under 1K) and Four Sided Fantasy (127)...

• Like 1

The different is ... at least those game feel like a game because some effort to make the game is present in the game themselves even it's easy to platinum but this one is not. it's purely aim to sell trophy. I don't know other dev but this one is very clear in description.

Edited by FielVeredus

1 hour ago, mcnichoj said:

I love the morale high ground of some people in here, especially when they have Megamind plat showcased in their signatures...

Way too many people care about this tbh. I'm not surprised this game happened but that it didn't happen sooner.

I assume you're talking about me?

At least Megamind is a fun little 3d platforming GAME. This thing is a f'ing sliding puzzle with the sole purpose of trophies. I am Mayo is a game where you just click a couple of thousand times to get a platinum. And saying to have Megamind as a platinum trophy is a bad thing, is saying I can't have fun with my kids (yes, kids like this game).

Excuse me for not supporting crap like this. I actually don't want this to make money so the big publishers/good indy devs won't notice this shit to make an easy buck instead of making good games. I don't care if you get easy/quick platinums, as long as they are actual GAMES that have some effort behind it.

Maybe you should get of your moral high ground?

I know this isn't going to help much in countering this recent trend, but at least I've added my 2 cents ;).

Edited by Ric

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Maybe you should get of your moral high ground?

You got mad over me belittling you for belittling others. History will remember that I was in the right.

It's a puzzle game. It's still a game regardless of the intent behind it or what you think of it. I loathe hidden object games but I don't go around telling people they're destroying the industry for playing them. You could have easily played off your comment by just saying you were joking but the fact you got this defensive over it says a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maxie Mouse said:

@mcnichoj I have no trophy list of a movie licensed game, I can relief then. :awesome:

You have Mayo and a few other shit games but otherwise a fairly respectable completion gallery. You may pass.

I feel like asking for a pass as well, seeing as I don't even have Mayo, and I've already bought two trophy games on a non-trophy platform (Shovel Knight and Snake Pass, on the Switch).

I think the worst you'll find on my card is either Telltale, or stuff I got through PS+.

29 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I feel like asking for a pass as well, seeing as I don't even have Mayo, and I've already bought two trophy games on a non-trophy platform (Shovel Knight and Snake Pass, on the Switch).

I think the worst you'll find on my card is either Telltale, or stuff I got through PS+.

L E G O

In all honesty if you enjoy those games then that's all that matters.

53 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

You got mad over me belittling you for belittling others. History will remember that I was in the right.

It's a puzzle game. It's still a game regardless of the intent behind it or what you think of it. I loathe hidden object games but I don't go around telling people they're destroying the industry for playing them. You could have easily played off your comment by just saying you were joking but the fact you got this defensive over it says a lot.

Well... ok then.

I'm probably foolish for going into this but.... for this one time I'll bite.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS MY OPINION, I AM CALM, PLEASE READ THIS IN A SERENE VOICE.

I'm not being defensive, I'm stating an opinion. I guess you think that's being defensive, or that my opinion should be "played of" as a joke.

You compare a sliding puzzle (a simple application of which there are 100s of tutorials on how to make them, possibly even an asset flip) to a video game. Sliding puzzles are flash games, maybe free mobile games but not console video games. What do you think will happen when this catches on? And Capcom, Square Enix, EA or Ubisoft take to this? You want Assassins Creed sliding puzzles now instead of an actual game because it will make more money because trophies? Or worse yet? Indy devs will take this as the standard because they need to make money? No more indy gems. How is this in any way comparable to a kids movie platformer game? That is an actual game, catered towards kids about a cartoon character. Believe it or not, kids ages 10 and below also play video games. On the other side,  I doubt there's a big market for sliding puzzles if the trophies weren't included.

So yes ""IMO"" that can potentially ruin the gaming industry. And I'm well aware that this probably not going to matter too much, but someone's got to give the counter argument.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

L E G O

In all honesty if you enjoy those games then that's all that matters.

Ah right...

I enjoy LEGO in real life, the games are quite a bit of fun but mostly because it's one of the few types of game my wife wants to play along. You can see which LEGO games she didn't like because those are the ones on my card that I still don't have the platinum in. I really liked a fair few LEGO games myself though; loved Jurassic World, for instance.

... And say what you will about the difficulty of LEGO games, but getting the platinum takes a lot of time xD And clearly, a lot of development goes into the games.

P.S.:

It's a puzzle game. It's still a game regardless of the intent behind it or what you think of it.

I don't know if we can even call it a real puzzle game, I just heard that the tile swapping that's done in this game at the start is not random - the different difficulties all have their own standard swap, so there's zero replay value once you figure out the order of each of the three difficulties. I might have agreed with your point if the swapping order was done at random.

Edited by BillyHorrible

28 minutes ago, Ric said:

You compare a sliding puzzle (a simple application of which there are 100s of tutorials on how to make them, possibly even an asset flip) to a video game. Sliding puzzles are flash games, maybe free mobile games but not console video games. What do you think will happen when this catches on? And Capcom, Square Enix, EA or Ubisoft take to this? You want Assassins Creed sliding puzzles now instead of an actual game because it will make more money because trophies? How is this in any way comparable to a kids movie platformer game? That is an actual game, catered towards kids about a cartoon character. Believe it or not, kids ages 10 and below also play video games. On the other side,  I doubt there's a big market for sliding puzzles if the trophies weren't included.

So yes ""IMO"" that can potentially ruin the gaming industry. And I'm well aware that this probably not going to matter too much, but someone's got to give the counter argument.

No, I'm pointing out that a game that is played on your video screen is still a video game regardless how simple or easy you think it is. Does BioShock magically stop being a video game during the sliding puzzle hack sequences?

Platform is also irrelevant. A console game can be put on mobile and vice versa. As long as it works with the controls. Devs have sold games for much more than this title and they don't even work beyond the start screen.

As for all those companies, they've done way worse underhanded shit to ruin the industry. Hey if Capcom released a Megaman Legacy Sliding Puzzle Collection or an RE4 one then maybe everyone would stop complaining how those didn't get platinums.

[Insert joke about how most people would rather play an Assassins Creed Puzzle game over the mess that was Unity.]

I find this is comparable to Megamind because while the "draw" to this is trophies, the mindset behind both was to steal peoples money. At least this was a dollar while I imagine Megamind was probably retail price originally. While a few people probably played Megamind with their kids or because maybe the off chance they really liked the movie, 99% of everyone else that plat'd the game did it solely for the plat. Movie tie in games are probably the bigger of two evils. You get these AAA companies that get the rights and they know people will settle for shit games so they give the devs a shit budget so they can shit out a shit game and make a shit load of profit. This does us a greater disservice as someone that might legitimately like a movie and will only have the option of getting essentially a watered down retelling of the movie with some random enemies slapped in and filler content to pad out the game time. Some amazing games have been made from commercial IPs but we can't get those more often because they know they don't need to.

Someone could make the argument but you're making a very poor one.

19 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I don't know if we can even call it a real puzzle game, I just heard that the tile swapping that's done in this game at the start is not random - the different difficulties all have their own standard swap, so there's zero replay value once you figure out the order of each of the three difficulties. I might have agreed with your point if the swapping order was done at random.

Doesn't matter if it's random. Visual novels are still games even though you just click on words and those words will always lead to the same pre-determined words. Rhythm games are always the same with their notes. Even the Mario games follow a very strict and pre-determined formula where you can get a bot to run through the levels perfectly on a loop.