Up on PSN for only $0.98

FielVeredus

Just now, Combatting said:

I only glanced at the list as they pop up when syncing or when you are in the games section :)

Also, I never look at the descriptions in the store as I mostly go physical when I can :) When I do go into the store, I just add it to cart and move on. 

Suuuuure, keep telling yourself that. :P If you people want a cheap and easy plat, then fine, but at least own up to it. :P

44 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Suuuuure, keep telling yourself that. :P If you people want a cheap and easy plat, then fine, but at least own up to it. :P

I bet you never read descriptions of games you are buying most of the time from the store ;) And own up to what exactly? The fact I don't read descriptions from the store? ?? If you don't want to believe that, then that's fine by me. And yes, I've already owned up that I don't mind easy and cheap plats :) My profile states that. 

Edited by Combatting

1 minute ago, longplay33 said:

Hi there, I know the game has been deleted from us ps store however is there a chance to play that game and earn all trophies via share play with someone who already own that game? Thanks!

You can't earn trophies on share play. 

8 minutes ago, longplay33 said:

Is there any possibility to play that game if I haven't purchased it yet?

You could play it via Share Play, but you can't earn trophies. Or you could just wait until the dev resubmits it with the new name. It'll have this same trophy list, just with a different game title. The game itself will be unchanged too.

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I find it very hard to believe that someone with 98 platinums and 83% completion bought My Name is Mayo without even checking the trophy list, lol.

Did you actually check my platinums? The majority are legit. 
I have Catherine, GTA4, Resonance of Fate, FF13 and many other tough plats. 

I typically buy/play games blind and then go for trophies after, otherwise I would have 100% completion.

7 hours ago, Combatting said:

I bet you never read descriptions of games you are buying most of the time from the store ;) And own up to what exactly? The fact I don't read descriptions from the store? 1f602.png1f602.png If you don't want to believe that, then that's fine by me. And yes, I've already owned up that I don't mind easy and cheap plats :) My profile states that. 

You're right, but that wasn't my point. I'm saying that you bought the game for the sole purpose of getting a platinum trophy and there's no way anybody who played the game didn't know about that beforehand.

27 minutes ago, CuteBoringLove said:

Did you actually check my platinums? The majority are legit. 
I have Catherine, GTA4, Resonance of Fate, FF13 and many other tough plats. 

I typically buy/play games blind and then go for trophies after, otherwise I would have 100% completion.

At no point did I say your platinums weren't "legit". :P If anything, I was saying that you're dedicated to trophy hunting, hence why I find it very hard to believe that you somehow weren't aware of its easy/fast platinum beforehand.

43 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

You're right, but that wasn't my point. I'm saying that you bought the game for the sole purpose of getting a platinum trophy and there's no way anybody who played the game didn't know about that beforehand.

At no point did I say your platinums weren't "legit". :P If anything, I was saying that you're dedicated to trophy hunting, hence why I find it very hard to believe that you somehow weren't aware of its easy/fast platinum beforehand.

Why is it so hard to believe that someone bought a game without knowing about the trophies. I do it all the time, even with games that are impossible or way too hard to 100%. I'm a trophy hunter/completionist. I didn't know The Walking Dead was such an easy platinum either back in the day, it just looked like a great game. Either way, I like to play games blind and, yes, I played this game blind. (It took me an hour to plat)

1 minute ago, CuteBoringLove said:

Why is it so hard to believe that someone bought a game without knowing about the trophies. I do it all the time, even with games that are impossible or way too hard to 100%. I'm a trophy hunter/completionist. I didn't know The Walking Dead was such an easy platinum either back in the day, it just looked like a great game. Either way, I like to play games blind and, yes, I played this game blind. (It took me an hour to plat)

I'm not talking about games in general, I'm talking about this specific game. The only reason a trophy hunter would buy My Name is Mayo is for the easy platinum, unless you're seriously trying to tell me that hitting the X button thousands of times on an image looked appealing to you. Why else would anyone do that? Wait, let me guess. You did it for the story and the characters. ??

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm not talking about games in general, I'm talking about this specific game. The only reason a trophy hunter would buy My Name is Mayo is for the easy platinum, unless you're seriously trying to tell me that hitting the X button thousands of times on an image looked appealing to you. Why else would anyone do that? Wait, let me guess. You did it for the story and the characters. 1f44c.png1f602.png

You really are ignorant aren't you?

The thing is I check the psn store update every Tuesday and see new games before most people do. Nothing about the game description mentions how easy the trophies are. It was a cheap game and looked like something along the lines of Hatoful Boyfriend which was hilarious so I bought it. I didn't even know it had a platinum until I saw someone else had the game and all the trophies. This game was in fact actually pretty funny at times and so was Mr. Massagy. I've played worse games for sure.

I'd have to agree with cuteboringlove on this one. I too have bought plenty of cheap games without actually knowing what they are and whether or not they had any trophies, let alone easy trophies just because they're cheap. When I bought my name is mayo, I had no idea the entire game was just pressing x on a mayo jar and I didn't know it had trophies until I looked it up before I started to play it. I can't say I haven't bought other games because of easy plats though lol. I draw the line at those easy imported Asian games, Hannah Montana, Disney movie games, and lego games...although some of the lego games are kinda interesting, especially when they go on sale for $5, so I might adjust my line :P 

1 hour ago, CuteBoringLove said:

You really are ignorant aren't you?

The thing is I check the psn store update every Tuesday and see new games before most people do. Nothing about the game description mentions how easy the trophies are. It was a cheap game and looked like something along the lines of Hatoful Boyfriend which was hilarious so I bought it. I didn't even know it had a platinum until I saw someone else had the game and all the trophies. This game was in fact actually pretty funny at times and so was Mr. Massagy. I've played worse games for sure.

I agree that those 2 had funny moments and tbh I'd rather click on a mayo jar 10.000 times than having to play Gone Home again. 

30 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

I agree that those 2 had funny moments and tbh I'd rather click on a mayo jar 10.000 times than having to play Gone Home again. 

Yes, and there are tons of just as easy plats that are in the 20-30 dollar range that people buy. If it's a point and click game, I will definitely get it on sale, but actually try to beat the game without a guide. I do have some easy looking games like Horse Racing 2016, Monster Jam and Toro that a lot of people on my friends list have 100% in but I haven't been bothered to play them.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 28/06/2017 at 7:16 PM, lordzeze said:

I can't stand Jim Sterling. He is so full of himself. 

Edit: He managed to make a video longer than the time it takes to plat the game lol. 

I would rather watch Jim Sterling any day than have a piece of garbage like this on my account for a Platinum.

On 28/06/2017 at 7:51 PM, Hayabusa85 said:

Indeed.  AngryJoe and Jim Sterling videos should be shown 24/7 in prisons to deter crime.

As somebody that is terrible at slide puzzles there would be more of a game here to me without using the solution tricks than there would be visual novels, interactive movies, Telltale games etc.  Just because it is an easy platinum doesn't mean there isn't a slide puzzle game at the core of it.  Sure it isn't an amazing slide puzzle game knowing that all puzzles have the same solution on each difficulty (Not that I would have clued into that myself) but that is still a game.

Nah Jim Sterling is entertaining. Prisons should have people hooked to the PS4 and forced to play nothing but garbage games like this, Toro, Orc Slayer, Slyde, Eekeemoo, Crash Dummy, Little Adventure On The Prairie etc.