The Fate/Grand Order Thread

TheVader66

Hello and let me welcome you to the one of the most popular mobile games in Japan: Fate/Grand Order or FateGO for short. FateGo is a free to play JRPG game available on Android and Apple devices. Recently it has become available in the West but only in the United States and Canada (Europe may get it in the future). Fate/Grand Order is based on the Fate Franchise by Type-Moon. The Fate Franchise which was started with Fate/Stay Night is a series where Magi compete against each other in trying to get the Holy Grail (which can grant any wish to whomever claims it) in a battle royale known as the Holy Grail Wars. To compete in the Holy Grail Wars, Magi must taken on the role of Masters and must summon a Servant to fight alongside them. These Servant are Heroic Spirits from across History from Historical Figures like Nero, Jeanne D'Arc and Alexander the Great to Legends like Cú Chulainn, Hercules and King Arthur to even Literature Figures like Robin Hood, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Each Servant is classified under classes depending on their actions in History. These classes are Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Beserker, Assassin and Caster. Should you be a Saint, you will be categorize under the Ruler Class (though there are some exemptions) and in some instances where you show great evil, you will be categorize under the Avenger Class

To give a taste of the gameplay of Fate Grand Order, here is a video showing one of the battles. Though the video shows the text in Japanese since this was prior to the western release but I am going to post some pictures explaining the game mechanics.

In battle, you command three servants at a time in a turn-based battle. To attack, you tap the Attack button of course.

QQSjh4L.png?1

When you chose to attack, the attack cards will be color coded: Green, Red and Blue. Each of these colors have a different effect on attack. Green increases your Critical Hit Rate, Red increases attack overall and Blue boosts your Noble Phantasm Gauge which at 100% will allow you to use your Servant's Noble Phantasm which it is its Ultimate attack (more on this later.) The effect is greater when it is the first card chosen and it will affect the other two cards like for example: If Blue Arts Attack Card is chosen first, it will boost the Noble Phantasm Gauge more with every attack that follows regardless of it's colors.

VS09MKC.png?1

FRHuoqL.png?1

LwM6STj.png?1

You are only allowed to use three attack cards to use each turn. Depending on how you use them, different effects will be activated. For Example, if you have three attack cards available for the same servant. That Servant is allowed to attack for a fourth time. 

MZDEG8f.png?1

If you have three attack cards available but for the same color. You will activate a chain corresponding with that color essentially multiplying the effect of the card's chosen color. In this case it will be Three Green Quick Attack Cards which will increase the Critical Rate a lot.

8a96rvJ.png?1

Finally on Gameplay, should you fill your Noble Phantasm Gauge to 100%. You will be allowed to use the Servant's Noble Phantasm and decimate your enemies with it. Please be aware that each servant has a different Noble Phantasm with different ways of attacking. Some may cause a ton of damage like Saber's Excalibur but then there are Noble Phantasm like my Assassin's Goddess' Smile which cause a huge debuff but may instant kill a Male Enemy.

iqrF6nn.png?1

Okay, now that you know the basics in gameplay. Time to talk about how to get more servants. To get more Servants, you must go to menu and tap the "Summon Tab" and there you will be offered two choices.

• Friend Point Summon which will use your Friend Points which are an easier currency to get but the Friend Point Summon will only allow you to summon Servants up to a 4 Star Rank(which is the equivalent to a SSR for Love Live School Idol Festival) Also there is a chance you may not get a Servant at all and instead you may get either equipment or material that could be used to boost your Servant's power instead.
  • Saint Quartz Summon which will use your Saint Quartz which are a harder currency to get but you will be allowed to get Servants from the 5 Star Rank (which is the equivalent to a UR for Love Live School Idol Festival) but you may also get equipment that will give a incredible boost of power to your servant.

7xIlApk.png?1

To get Saint Quartz, you will need to complete quest certain amount of times. Don't worry, the quest always involve killing enemies. So you are good as long as you have high level and high rank Servants.

lJfPxdH.png?1

KmqTTV0.png?1

You will also get Saints Quartz for just login into the game daily and you will also get Friend Points as well. So make sure to login everyday to get your daily rewards. 

u1eRTYJ.png?1

When you first play this game, you will be allowed to do one free summoning though the highest you can get is a 4Star Rank Servant. I hope you guys are as lucky as I was when the summoning happens.

lAClTPl.png?1

r0TMFEa.png?1

Anyways, that is the information I can provide for now since I am also a newbie to this game since it just launched but I will update this in the future just like how I updated my Love Live School Idol Festival Thread. By the way, to celebrate the launch of Fate/Grand Order here in the west. You will be able to get Saber Lily as a token for appreciation in getting this game at launch. 

fyIb0NA.png?1

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 4

I decided to do do my very first Saint Quartz Summoning and I can't fucking believe what I got. I got a 5Star Rank Jeanne D'Arc who not only is the highest rank servant but she is also one of my favorite servants of all time and I also got my waifu Kiyohime though she is a 3Star Rank.

AWZn7wz.jpg

p2IYbJo.jpg

QedNJpi.jpg

I am so happy with this summoning. Way to start off with a bang.

Vir43P6.jpg

By the way, I forgot to tag some people from a previous Fate Grand Order thread. @Hertz @Shiki did you get the game? By the way @Sigma999 I forgot to tell you in the previous thread but Fate Grand Order tells its story through Visual Novel but the gameplay is a turnbased JRPG.

• Like 3

Thanks for the explanation @TheVader66 . I might try F/GO out when it releases in Europe but the gameplay didn't appeal me much from what i saw in that video . Mobile games tend to get repetitive and bored of of it fast even Fire Emblem Heroes worn out fast for me and i like that franchise pretty well . 

Not getting my hopes high on this one . 

Edited by Sigma999

1 hour ago, Hertz said:

You lucky lucky guy..... And here I am stuck with Eli.... The bad Eli lol. Finished Orleans yet?

Funny thing, I am not even done with the Prologue Story yet. The game crashes on me when battle starts sometimes. Funny that it started crashing when I ran into Olga in Fuyuki.

When do I get to do Orleans?

VXJDOZy.jpg

eQdA6Ha.jpg

Edited by TheVader66

25 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Funny thing, I am not even done with the Prologue Story yet. The game crashes on me when battle starts sometimes. Funny that it started crashing when I ran into Olga in Fuyuki.

When do I get to do Orleans?

VXJDOZy.jpg

eQdA6Ha.jpg

After Fuyuki. Just make sure to level an Assassin Class

30 minutes ago, Hertz said:

After Fuyuki. Just make sure to level an Assassin Class

By levelling an Assassin, you mean their Normal Level or their Bond Level. I have my Assassin Stheno at level 12 but she is at Bond Level zero.

NhDPwaC.jpg

By the way, does my Bond with my Servants not raise until I finish Fuyuki because I see that I get Bond Points but it doesn't seem like I am filling the Bond Gauge.

szyGUF4.jpg

20 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

By levelling an Assassin, you mean their Normal Level or their Bond Level. I have my Assassin Stheno at level 12 but she is at Bond Level zero.

NhDPwaC.jpg

By the way, does my Bond with my Servants not raise until I finish Fuyuki because I see that I get Bond Points but it doesn't seem like I am filling the Bond Gauge.

szyGUF4.jpg

Stheno's good I mean the 1* Sasaki Kojiro that you can get in the friend points gatcha. You can get his NP to level 5 fast. 

Also it really is small but yeah they start to level up there bond in Fuyuki. Mash is the only exception as she levels up every story finished

9 minutes ago, Hertz said:

Stheno's good I mean the 1* Sasaki Kojiro that you can get in the friend points gatcha. You can get his NP to level 5 fast. 

Also it really is small but yeah they start to level up there bond in Fuyuki. Mash is the only exception as she levels up every story finished

By the way, is there a perma-death system in the game. Like if my Servant dies is it gone for good? By the way, who is your favorite servant in the Fate Series? 

20 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

By the way, is there a perma-death system in the game. Like if my Servant dies is it gone for good? By the way, who is your favorite servant in the Fate Series? 

Nah, there is no perma death so you are not penalized if they die. 

Hmmm I have to go with Jeanne for sure in waifu side, and all in with Cu on the male side hahaha

6 minutes ago, Hertz said:

Nah, there is no perma death so you are not penalized if they die. 

Hmmm I have to go with Jeanne for sure in waifu side, and all in with Cu on the male side hahaha

Oh okay, that is good to hear. I also would chose Jeanne as my favorite female servant and Red Cloaked Archer as my favorite male servant.

How has the game been treating you at the moment. No crashes or slowdown? Though apparently people on Reddit have been posting a lot of typos happening later in the game but at the same time Marie and Kiyohime are more loved now due to the NA dialogue.

56 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Oh okay, that is good to hear. I also would chose Jeanne as my favorite female servant and Red Cloaked Archer as my favorite male servant.

How has the game been treating you at the moment. No crashes or slowdown? Though apparently people on Reddit have been posting a lot of typos happening later in the game but at the same time Marie and Kiyohime are more loved now due to the NA dialogue.

Lol yeah, both of their dialogues are hilarious. No slow time on my end. Just slow AP regen :awesome: 

It is a great relief that they have released in US version, because my understanding with the Japanese language is a catastrophe. I play in the Japanese version and unfortunately I can not play in the US version. I will still wait for the EU version. (¬_¬)

@Hertz

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170402193413

297072233531047946.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hertz said:

Lol yeah, both of their dialogues are hilarious. No slow time on my end. Just slow AP regen :awesome: 

Marie is National Treasure.

tnsbx6dwaz5z.png

31 minutes ago, Shiki said:

It is a great relief that they have released in US version, because my understanding with the Japanese language is a catastrophe. I play in the Japanese version and unfortunately I can not play in the US version. I will still wait for the EU version. (¬_¬)

@Hertz

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20170402193413

297072233531047946.png

Well if you have an android, you can download the APK file of Fate/Grand Order though I am always cautious in downloading APK Files but if you do decided to download it I will give you some advice. When you want to update the game, you must manually download the APK each time for each update. This is only if the game needs updating. Sometimes an event just needs to download resources and won't ask you to update.

Here is the link to the APK File: https://apkpure.com/fate-grand-order-english/com.aniplex.fategrandorder.en

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 2

These are all my current servants at the moment. I am surprised that I actually go some 4Star Rank Servants. Though I don't know what to do with some of them, Can I sacrifice servants to level up other servants? or is there other uses for the Servants that I don't need.

wSO0Fde.png

I also got a second copy of Arash and it boosted his Noble Phantasm. 

IV3fn3K.png

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

These are all my current servants at the moment. I am surprised that I actually go some 4Star Rank Servants. Though I don't know what to do with some of them, Can I sacrifice servants to level up other servants? or is there other uses for the Servants that I don't need.

wSO0Fde.png

Yes you may sacrifice servants to level them but it would be better to burn them for mana prisms which you can exchange for items at Da Vinci's shop.

Edited by SiN-Omega

10 hours ago, Shiki said:

@Hertz

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20170402193413

297072233531047946.png

I'd totally save a lot of Quartz again just for Musashi <3 

I'll post my friend code here if anyone wants to add me. My phone's dead atm :awesome: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Damn, it's already out in the US...

I... I don't want =D I'm spending too much time with SAO =D

More time than Love Live?

7 hours ago, SiN-Omega said:

Yes you may sacrifice servants to level them but it would be better to burn them for mana prisms which you can exchange for items at Da Vinci's shop.

Oh thank you so much for telling me but what are Mana Prisms used for again? I am sorry that I am a newbie at this.

1 hour ago, Hertz said:

I'll post my friend code here if anyone wants to add me. My phone's dead atm :awesome: 

I am alright with that. Here is my Friend Code.

Xoysfg7.jpg

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Oh thank you so much for telling me but what are Mana Prisms used for again? I am sorry that I am a newbie at this.

I am alright with that. Here is my Friend Code.

Xoysfg7.jpg

You may exchange mana prisms for summoning tickets, exp fodders and fou(atk/hp up) cards at Da Vinci's shop. 

Btw already added you. IGN is Hime

Edited by SiN-Omega
  • Like 1