The Game deleted from PS store!

abdo177

The "developer" posted this on Facebook:

Hi everyone, Sony has pulled the game temporarily and asked me to change the game's name & not mention trophies in the Store trailer. I am happy to comply!

So it should be back on the store at some point if that's anything to go by. Though if the name is changing I have to wonder if it will have a new trophy list as well

• Like 3

Just now, Death_Ninja said:

Maybe this situation will finally make Sony actually curate the stuff that gets put up on their network.

Haha, I'll see it when I believe it :P 

It's been startling watching the quality slowly but surely decline as to what they're letting onto the store. :facepalm: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlindMango said:

It's been startling watching the quality slowly but surely decline as to what they're letting onto the store. :facepalm: 

Oh I'm not holding my breath either lol

I messaged the developer on Facebook for the lulz and they told me that Sony asked them to change the name because "they felt it wasn't descriptive enough" (dev's words). They also confirmed that when it's relisted it won't have a second trophy list so RIP the dream of this becoming a rare plat.

• Like 1

So basically this farce confirms Sony has no "first look" approval process and has, up until now, let game developers write what they want. Makes me wonder if Sony charges developers based on trophy lists ( platinum trophy lists being more expensive for developers than a trophy list without a platinum) rather than the game's actual content.

This actually makes me pretty sad.

2 hours ago, Xylobe said:

The "developer" posted this on Facebook:

So it should be back on the store at some point if that's anything to go by. Though if the name is changing I have to wonder if it will have a new trophy list as well

If it's same trophy files with same NPWR id (an id given to each unique trophyset) it'll be the same trophy list. Only a few times has a game been updated to be a new trophy list -- Adam's Venture: Chronicle comes to mind as it has two trophysets for the same exact game - only difference: the developer. The game switched publishers/developers so had to be rereleased with new trophy list, while the original game is delisted. 

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

Still wondering why My Name Is Mayo isn't on PS3 and why it got a plat whereas HITMAN is a mini. Weird logic there.