The Game deleted from PS store!

abdo177

6 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

But will they change the trophy list banner and title while being the same list?

Yes, it's happened before. One example is Shovel Knight being changed to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. Both the title and the trophy list icon were updated to reflect the name change.

7 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

just gonna come here and say those are nice BFH stats... :)

and honestly... i see ALOT of people with 200 platinums and shitty completion percentages... like i'm not the guy who would be impressed about how many trophies/golds/platinums anyone has... it's ALL about the Completion Percentages... ;)

anyone can get this shit done but 100% no one's gonna be like "nice, he has the 1000 top rated plat"

Hahahaha thanks man, but i don't care too much with percentages since i have started this profile long time ago and i wasn't a trophy hunter, i'll just try to stay over 90% in all my ps4 games just for fun and sometimes i'll do some ps3 backlog when i have free time or when i just don't want to play with ps4. I have a lot of shit done and a lot of 10/10 completed-hard stuff done by myself, trophy are trophy it doesen't matter there are people who prefer to play visual novel all the time and people like me who play various genres (but not everithing), and some times do vn too just because i had nothing to do and for grab some easy trophy ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BG_painter said:

i agree.

I like when developers are free to create whatever they want, for whatever reasons :D i very much don't care, to me, the more games we have, the better. I really don't and never will judge gamers by their trophy lists or by the games they play. Lets all be free to enjoy gaming folks ;)

Well, I kind of agree & will probably get this game once it's back.

On the other hand it does concern me a bit. I mean, what if this or another company decides to throw a hundred games like this on the PSN at once, all for less than a dollar? Your Trophy card/PSN level wouldn't mean much anymore, would it?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

OK. I'll be the dick here. I wish these one dollar plats would leave PSN for good. I'm not against easy platinums (I have a lot of plats that are common or uncommon), but I am against plats for games with minimal content. If you can casually (key word here) earn a plat in less than 2 hours (no speedruns), then the game should not have a plat. Period. I don't know how this is currently being determined, but it's wrong.

If more of this garbage comes out, then to me, the value of a platinum decreases. It'll no longer be impressive to have 100 plats or 8000 trophies because I can go earn 500 trophies and 10 plats in one sitting and pay 10 dollars.

There's something to this, but at the same time, I personally enjoyed Mayo. I might not have if a trophy wasn't popping every 5 seconds. 

For me, trophies should enhance enjoyment, however they work. Would I have enjoyed Mayo were it simply a 100%? Maybe. But I don't feel that my plat in, say, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is diminished one whit by my platinum in, say, My Name is Mayo (or Hannah Montana, or Megamind, etc.). The only way that plats can be diminished in this regard is if you already equate the value of all of them.

46 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

There's something to this, but at the same time, I personally enjoyed Mayo. I might not have if a trophy wasn't popping every 5 seconds. 

For me, trophies should enhance enjoyment, however they work. Would I have enjoyed Mayo were it simply a 100%? Maybe. But I don't feel that my plat in, say, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is diminished one whit by my platinum in, say, My Name is Mayo (or Hannah Montana, or Megamind, etc.). The only way that plats can be diminished in this regard is if you already equate the value of all of them.

But I guess that is my problem. No matter if you earn a platinum in Catherine or My Name is Mayo, it still counts as one. These games obviously don't deserve plats. Enjoyment has nothing to do with this; content is what should drive a game to have a plat imo.

9 hours ago, Klart said:

Well, I kind of agree & will probably get this game once it's back.

On the other hand it does concern me a bit. I mean, what if this or another company decides to throw a hundred games like this on the PSN at once, all for less than a dollar? Your Trophy card/PSN level wouldn't mean much anymore, would it?

I also agree with you too and i think your point is very valid. I have no idea how Sony could moderate this. Perhaps if platinums could only be given if the game has at least 5 hours of gameplay? What do u think?

I do also think that players are responsible for their profile trophy list. If a player doesn't agree with certain "concept" of the trophy list, then don't hunt those trophies! My trophy list is an exemple of my personal decisions: i like to play more than once games i enjoyed a lot even indie games that doesn't have a plat; and i really don't like "dlc". I don't. In many cases i think dlc is just an abusive commercial practice so because of this view i pretty much don't care for 100% game completion. I buy dlcs when i think i am going to enjoy it. But that's only my opinion. :) I have np with players that behave in the opposite manner.

We all know that games are bussiness so don't support a commercial practice that you don't agree with it!!

23 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

just gonna come here and say those are nice BFH stats... :)

and honestly... i see ALOT of people with 200 platinums and shitty completion percentages... like i'm not the guy who would be impressed about how many trophies/golds/platinums anyone has... it's ALL about the Completion Percentages... ;)

anyone can get this shit done but 100% no one's gonna be like "nice, he has the 1000 top rated plat"

And what's cool is different people see value in different things. Completion % means very little to me personally, and I don't get impressed when I see it. I usually see it as a sign that the person most likely doesn't allow themselves to play as many games as someone who doesn't care about %. I impressed wit high trophy counts. It shows that the person plays a plethora of games and probably could hold a conversation about gaming ranging from almost any genre and truly know what they're talking about.

The more trophies you have, the more games you've played, and the more diverse gamer you are in my opinion.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Paige-ID said:

This is one of those "live and let live" situations.

Platinums have no intrinsic value because it's not traded as a currency of any kind. One cannot exchange platinums or PSN points even in a simulated way, therefor they are "worthless" by definition. The only worth they have is self-appointed worth to help people justify what they consider accomplishments. With that in mind, the worth you allocate to a trophy is a personal decision, so trying to apply that personal worth to others is a losing battle. Others won't value trophies the same way you do, nor will they categorize them the same way you do. 

With that said, it becomes obvious that the best thing to do is to simply let people have their fun, in their own way. Some people are applying rules to the system as if it ever had rules to begin with. It's no different than telling a child on the playground that the corner they're playing in can only be used if you wear green pants. It's arbitrary rules fabricated by someone and oftentimes confused for absolute simply because the majority goes with it. That doesn't make it true. Let the kids play in their corner and you play in yours. Life is better that way.

This, a thousand times this!

On 30/06/2017 at 4:53 AM, tpepper1985 said:

Sony needs to stop letting trash get on the store, if they don't it will end up like Steam this is one of the reasons I play on Console because I like to think there is some form of quality control still here, with each passing week the standards seem to be getting lower and lower. 

Amen!

Edited by leoabreu85

On 6/30/2017 at 1:46 PM, Paige-ID said:

Platinums have no intrinsic value because it's not traded as a currency of any kind.

Great speech but if platinums have no intrinsic value how does Hakoom sell the Ninja Gaiden 3 platinum for $1k? Lots of gamers "go mercenary" and achieve platinums for other people's profile for cash. I know I've been asked to do it so it can't be too uncommon.

So yes the trophies are intangible but the quality platinums absolutely have value. 

2 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Great speech but if platinums have no intrinsic value how does Hakoom sell the Ninja Gaiden 3 platinum for $1k? Lots of gamers "go mercenary" and achieve platinums for other people's profile for cash. I know I've been asked to do it so it can't be too uncommon.

So yes the trophies are intangible but the quality platinums absolutely have value. 

That is not an intrinsic value. A platinum itself cannot be substituted for a trade-able commodity. Sure, someone might pay you to achieve a platinum trophy for him or her, but that doesn't give the platinum trophy a value. It places a value on your services rendered. The platinum you achieve is still inherently worthless. Afterwards it cannot be traded or exchanged for anything. Just another digital variable on a server that will never change hands.

The amount of money that a person pays Hakoom has no effect on the value of a Platinum trophy. The Ninja Gaiden 3 platinum trophy is worth exactly $0 and always will be. The services he provides are worth whatever the market is willing to cough up. Hakoom can't go and sell his personal Platinum. In the eyes of someone else, a paid-for Platinum can be considered illegitimate, but it does not affect the value of your personal collection at all simply because the value is non-existent and "made up" to begin with, limited to the constraints of personal make-believe rulesets.

tldr; other people's methods of gameplay should not, and do not, affect your personal achievements. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Paige-ID said:

That is not an intrinsic value. A platinum itself cannot be substituted for a trade-able commodity. Sure, someone might pay you to achieve a platinum trophy for him or her, but that doesn't give the platinum trophy a value. It places a value on your services rendered. The platinum you achieve is still inherently worthless. Afterwards it cannot be traded or exchanged for anything. Just another digital variable on a server that will never change hands.

The amount of money that a person pays Hakoom has no effect on the value of a Platinum trophy. The Ninja Gaiden 3 platinum trophy is worth exactly $0 and always will be. The services he provides are worth whatever the market is willing to cough up. Hakoom can't go and sell his personal Platinum. In the eyes of someone else, a paid-for Platinum can be considered illegitimate, but it does not affect the value of your personal collection at all simply because the value is non-existent and "made up" to begin with, limited to the constraints of personal make-believe rulesets.

tldr; other people's methods of gameplay should not, and do not, affect your personal achievements. 

Actually, they do have value. Not individually but if the gamer were to sell their profile, which does happen. Each high profile platinum increases the value of that profile. People pay top dollar for profiles that have a lot of high quality platinums.

And on a final note, Sony had a trophy auction some years back where you could bid on items with your accumulated gold trophies (not platinums, which I found weird). Its been a while but who knows, maybe they will do it again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Actually, they do have value. Not individually but if the gamer were to sell their profile, which does happen. Each high profile platinum increases the value of that profile. People pay top dollar for profiles that have a lot of high quality platinums.

And on a final note, Sony had a trophy auction some years back where you could bid on items with your accumulated gold trophies (not platinums, which I found weird). Its been a while but who knows, maybe they will do it again.

None of those examples lower the value of your own personal accomplishments; the main thing people quibble about. They are against easy platinums because they feel it invalidates their own accomplishments. 

Even selling an account does not give a trophy a value. It's your time that receives a price tag. The only time someone else playing an easy game lowers the value of your own personal accomplishments is if you undervalue your own self worth. Not the worth of a digital asset. 

• Like 2

Definitely a money grab.  Not just by how the dev marketed it, but by the fact that the puzzle solutions aren't randomized. If it wasn't the same solution for every puzzle (for each difficulty level) it could have at least been enjoyable, and maybe even challenging if you suck at slide puzzles. 

I like short games personally, so I have no issue with easy plats, but this should not have been allowed on the store. I agree the poster that said he plays on console to avoid all the shovelware on steam.