Tips for the game

TechnicalPixel

General advice:  if you're having trouble with a boss, look it up on youtube and see how other people are doing it.  There's a few that are much easier if you know how to beat them quickly.

And even for the harder ones, it can help to see how others approach them.

4 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

General advice:  if you're having trouble with a boss, look it up on youtube and see how other people are doing it.  There's a few that are much easier if you know how to beat them quickly.

And even for the harder ones, it can help to see how others approach them.

Okay will keep that in mind. Any tips for bow efficiency I have a difficult time trying to line up a good shot. 

5 minutes ago, TechnicalPixel said:

Okay will keep that in mind. Any tips for bow efficiency I have a difficult time trying to line up a good shot. 

On some of the bosses you won't really have time to line up a shot... so you've sort of got to get used to just flinging it where you think they should be.  Luckily, this game has little to no real randomness, so if you make the same movements the boss will too.  That means you can learn a pattern and fling the arrow where you know it needs to be.

This is especially true for the final boss on hardmode.

On 6/29/2017 at 0:49 AM, TechnicalPixel said:

Go to one of the areas with pillars. Practice pulling the arriw to you and firing it off as fast as possible, aiming at different spots. Pretty much the best way to get better is to practice. You can continue the game after killing the end boss(es) and kill each Titan 3-5x until you can do it consistently. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are a couple of trophy tips that I found to be useful:

• Aerodynamics: If you close and restart the game after you beat a boss (when the game finishes saving), you'll be back at the checkpoint with the boss still dead, so you can skip the killing animation and the walk back to the checkpoint this way.
  • Iron God: Basically, you can get this trophy quicker if you enable cross-save and upload your save to the cloud after each kill. For some reason this makes the game frequently increase the number of kills you get, and since the game reads the number of kills to determine whether or not you can fight Truth, this means that you can fight Gol-Set as soon as you reach 16 kills, regardless of how many bosses you actually killed. This is best combined with Iron Titan as it'd save you from having to do yet another playthrough if you're finding killing all bosses on Hard Mode to be too hard. See this thread for more information.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just wanna mention a tip that might be helpful for anyone trying to speedrun the game in under 20 minutes.

It takes around 3 minutes or so to get to The Elder boss and back again. This can be avoided by simply quitting out to the main menu after defeating the boss and loading your save again which will place you at the save spot before the boss so you dont have to climb all the way back down again.

• 4 months later...