If you have never played this...make it a point to do so.

Wade_VC

For those of you who have not played this title yet, you are missing out.

The graphics are, as to be expected, absolutely excellent, and the myriad of "wasteland" environs are indeed interesting and very realistic in scope.

Not only are there terrific missions, there are also many, many (did I say many), side missions to keep you busy as you work towards completing the main mission objective. Wandering through a post-apocalyptic wasteland once known as the USA (more specifically the Washington DC region), you are always on guard for mutants...both man and animal.

The human mutants range from everything from haggard survivors to hard-core survivalists to wild madmen...many of them armed to the teeth with 23rd Century weapons. Some are marauders, others just insane...all of them a a splendor of the rich graphics and smooth game play afforded this next-gen console.

• Like 1

I loved this game and platted it a long time ago. I like your little intro posts on these games but with this one I think it would be worth mentioning the glitches and crashes you are likely to suffer from playing this. Especially with the DLC content.

I for one think it's worth it regardless but it is a mark against it when it comes to "smooth game play"

• Like 1

im where Kylo is with this, ive done everything like 3 times already basically, all i have left are the karma trophies, but ive started this game over cuz of messing up or coming back after so long and forgetting what im doing, the game has gotten boring :(

I think it would be worth mentioning the glitches and crashes you are likely to suffer from playing this. Especially with the DLC content.

I for one think it's worth it regardless but it is a mark against it when it comes to "smooth game play"

Now see, oddly enough, I have heard others say the same thing, but I can say that I have had absolutely no issues with crashing or freezing playing this game. I have not played any of the DLC, so I can not comment on those, but the main game itself I have had no issues whatsoever.

I have to note that when I first got this game, there was no trophy support, and that patch didn't arrive until I was at about 80% complete, and I had no desire to restart the game and throw away all the invested time just for the trophies. I may replay it again at some point to earn the trophies however.

...I wonder, could the crashes and freezes have something to do with the trophies/trophy support??

Now see, oddly enough, I have heard others say the same thing, but I can say that I have had absolutely no issues with crashing or freezing playing this game. I have not played any of the DLC, so I can not comment on those, but the main game itself I have had no issues whatsoever.

I have to note that when I first got this game, there was no trophy support, and that patch didn't arrive until I was at about 80% complete, and I had no desire to restart the game and throw away all the invested time just for the trophies. I may replay it again at some point to earn the trophies however.

...I wonder, could the crashes and freezes have something to do with the trophies/trophy support??

They may well have done Wade. Mine wasn't as bad as others experienced but in the 100 hrs or so I put into the game I must have had to reset my console 30 times and the jumpy framerate at times slowed things down to a crawl before it picked back up.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember early on last year when I started 'trophy hunting' I kept hearing about how long of a plat Fallout 3 was, and I was very much put off by that. I'm not sure what convinced me, but I decided to purchase the game, and from the first minute I was hooked. The hours flew by, and I was honestly wanting more when I finally finished the game. The fact that I live so close to D.C. made it pretty cool as well. It was neat seeing some of the 'real life' sites in-game.

As far as the freezing is concerned, I'd be lying if I said I didn't encounter any, but just based on what I've read, it seems like it wasn't as bad for me as it was for others, and I had GOTY Edition, so I had all the DLC. I will say that I did notice freezing being more prevalent in the DLC more so than the main game, but it was still playable.

I played the hell out of this game before the trophy patch, but I'm not going to go back and play it again just for the trophies. I did really enjoy the game though, and rarely did I occur any glitches or freezing during my playthroughs.

Parker

Same here. I got it and played the hell out of it before the trophy patch came out....and I was not about to restart it and lose all my progress for the trophies.

• 4 weeks later...

Same here. I got it and played the hell out of it before the trophy patch came out....and I was not about to restart it and lose all my progress for the trophies.

Thats kinda funny cuz i did the same thing... in fact my first trophy EVER was half way through Fallout 3... I had about 15 hours or so and i got a trophy because it had patched half way through... and then i went back and played through again to get all the other trophies... It was my first platinum... and the reason why i fell in love with my PS3!!!

Im still planning on getting all of the DLC for New Vegas but im not as excited as i was when i got the DLC for Fallout 3

I had about 15 hours or so and i got a trophy because it had patched half way through... and then i went back and played through again to get all the other trophies...

You started earning trophies after the patch on the same save file?

Wow, lucky as I sure didn't, so mine will remain trophy-less until I decide to start a new game.

You started earning trophies after the patch on the same save file?

Wow, lucky as I sure didn't, so mine will remain trophy-less until I decide to start a new game.

Actually im not sure... i keep at least 5 or 6 save files for every game for backup reasons and in case i wanna go back and redo something... but they all originated from the same first save file that happened before the patch... if you look at my very first trophy earned it is a trophy that popped halfway through Fallout 3 even though you cant even get out of the vault 101 without getting a few trophies first...

34Sdbb1d4.png

Protector

Fallout 3

• 3 months later...

Now see, oddly enough, I have heard others say the same thing, but I can say that I have had absolutely no issues with crashing or freezing playing this game. I have not played any of the DLC, so I can not comment on those, but the main game itself I have had no issues whatsoever...

The crashes and freezes have to do with the memory allocation on the PS3. Fallout 3 and New Vegas suffer from the same flaw that people are finding with Skyrim. The farther you progress into the game (usually past the main story and into the DLC), the more apparent the issues become, and that is because the save files become enormous. My final save file in New Vegas was 14MB, which is huge for a game save file.

My experience is that usually, if the game is going to freeze, it's upon entering a new area, because the game is trying to run while saving a large file. You can either sit still and do nothing until it finishes, or you can suffer through some painful frame rates. There are times when I've gone into V.A.T.S. and tried to enter commands, and I see no response for 20-30 seconds. Some times it will pull through, but other times I've had to do a hard reset. The problem can be somewhat mitigated by turning off the autosaves and doing everything manually.

Don't get me wrong, the Fallout games are among my favorites of all time. I'm actually replaying Fallout 3 (GOTY) on a secondary account because I love it so much. I just wish they didn't suffer from this problem.

Although I otherwise don't play first person shooters, I played this game. Mostly thanks to the VATS feature. I found myself actually enjoying the game, but by the end, the experience was near excruciating, especially when I went to complete the download content. It seemed like I was in a race to finish it as fast as possible while trying to avoid the game freezing/glitching. The experience was completely ruined, and for that I'll never play another of the games. Perhaps the best part is this generation has allowed developers the ability to patch their games. You should never have to play a game hoping to advance before the game freezes.

i hate fallout. i find it slow and boring

i hate the graphics, really. dont know how people can find them "amazing"

i hate the gameplay, its too slow, enemies move like retards, its very slow paced, and you have to do that super body part aim thing which i hate as well to actually damage an enemy.

nah, i dont think im missing out on anything. id rather play terminator salvation again than play fallout again.

and this is the day when people started to hate me :)

I don't hate you kirby. Everyone has thier different tastes in games. I have the same views on other games that I really didn't enjoy, like COD multiplayer. I honestly don't enjoy it at all when I play.

Fallout 3 is a game I have played many many times using so many different tactics to play through. I started playing Fallout 3 before it got the patch for trophies so I already knew the game inside and out when they put trophies on it.

I liked the fact that the main story is short leaving you alot of time to explore and do other things like roam the wasteland.

the biggest turn off was the glitchiness as when I got the DLC for the game, I had a couple glitches that forced me to restart the game and replay the DLC.

Overall I thought it was a good game. Not for everyone though.

and this is the day when people started to hate me :)

Yeah, I hate you. :spank: (yes, I'm kidding).

Expression of a preference for a game doesn't change how I feel about that game, nor does it change how I feel about that person. I know Fallout isn't for everyone, just like I'm pretty well convinced that I have no desire to play Call of Duty or Battlefield (I tend to like my FPS games to have a sci-fi element). I'm not big on racing games, but I love open world exploration. I love that I could play Fallout 3 100 times, and never play it the same way twice. Not everyone enjoys character building, exploration, and tinkering with strategies.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to belittle someone for simply expressing their opinion about a video game (or even a console, for that matter). I happen to like the Fallout games, but they're definitely not for everyone, and like I said before, I even have difficulty recommending them because of the technical issues they have. But hating someone for not liking the games I like? That makes about as much sense as hating someone because they like Pepsi instead of Coke.

That said, you're still wrong, Kirby, but you're allowed to be. :D

• Like 3