Trophy Discussion

ninjaplease123

(Sorry for double post!)

I have finally received an answer from the developers of the issue with some trophies requiring multiple devices locally, even one requiring 6 phones/tablets. The answer is not really encouraging.

Hi Maxime,

Firstly, thank you for playing That's You! and having fun with it - it's great to have people so passionate about the game.

Unfortunately, we are not able to include user-created content in online games due to technical and legal issues related to Grief Reporting of potentially offensive content.

We understand that this may be difficult for people seeking to earn the related Trophy, but in this case we had to prioritise protecting the community from potentially offensive content.

We hope that you'll continue to have fun with That's You! despite this complication.

All the best, and thanks again for getting in touch,
Wish

*sigh* Prepare yourselves guys... let's snatch those phones... simply a very very bad easy Platinum to get!

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

Well that sucks. On any given day, about 5 phones are present in the house, and even then most of those people won't want to miss their phones for so long. And I don't even have 5 friends, let alone 5 friends willing to waste time on trophy hunting. Guess I'll never get the platinum here :(

On 5-7-2017 at 10:46 AM, Maxie Mouse said:

If the emulator can connect into the local network through the computer, it should work. My theory would be that the app will see a total blank display on the camera, yet you'd be able to take a shot. It won't matter since there's no rule when it comes to take pictures in this game.

So I tried this. I was able to download the app on 5 emulators and take pictures, answer questions on every one. 

But I couldn't connect. 

19800837_10209771116850958_2133151952359

I fiddled around with Wi-fi Settings, but it seemed to only accept the fake Wifi "MemuWifi"

Could you think of some solution that would make this method work anyway? I was getting really excited that I got this close at all haha :) 

Thanks in advance!

@QuentinCle95 I was about to setup my own proxy, but I don't have time for it for the weekend. I want to try to setup a local proxy on Bluestacks can be connected to the local network and can see the network infrastructure. I have no idea if it works by proxy but I try.

The idea of making it work is that the android emulator is connected to your network as a "physical" android. Then when done correctly, you test your internet, you check the infrastructure and see if it sees all your devices, including the PS4.

I am not an expert to it. Lately, I've seen Genymotion that can make it such easier to set the emulator internet as it becomes a physical Android within the network. Nox has a virtual wifi. I'm still trying despite that my computing skill isn't truly the best...

If we could have an android programmer expert here, please help us...

Edited by Maxie Mouse

@Maxie Mouse I'm confused by their response?

Unfortunately, we are not able to include user-created content in online games due to technical and legal issues related to Grief Reporting of potentially offensive content.

We understand that this may be difficult for people seeking to earn the related Trophy, but in this case we had to prioritise protecting the community from potentially offensive content.

Yet, they advertised the game in a sexual manner? Sort of.

Also, isn't this the same bullshit response Sony used for not having cross-play on certain games?

Edited by Combatting

@Combatting It's all about a prevention from protecting their butt from any complains. I know, it sounds nonsense since how many games do allow user-created contents and there were always sexual or nazi symbols in creations? There exists a Report option for a reason. They shouldn't break our freedom of fun with our close friends online.

If you want to write them, go for [email protected].

If we could have an android and networking expert here, please help us...

Edited by Maxie Mouse

Hi guys, i have finally find, after 3 days ... ,a way to run emulators on a computer to unlock the trophy Prolific Creators, if you are interested, this is here (Sorry guys but i'm french ^^) : 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nhi80 said:

Hi guys, i have finally find, after 3 days ... ,a way to run emulators on a computer to unlock the trophy Prolific Creators, if you are interested, this is here (Sorry guys but i'm french ^^) : 

YES YES YES, merci! Je vais essayer toute de suite :D 

58 minutes ago, aaPoX said:

Can someone translate that 1f914.png

Just turn on Closed Captions (button left of video quality), subtitles are already present :) 

Edited by QuentinCle95

5 hours ago, nhi80 said:

this works. Merci!

2 hours ago, Pricey403 said:

Anyone know how to get an Anarchy result on a 3-6 player game? Worked out everything else, just have that left before the rest of the grind now

I edit my answer because I thought you were asking about another trophy:facepalm:. misread your question. 

SO THE RIGHT ANSWER IS >>> But to get the Anarchy result everybody has to vote for themselves. So each gamer votes for their own photo or answer. 

Just got the plat earlier on. Let me know if you need info on other trophies

Edited by DF007gamer

4 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

Prolific Creators
Play a Six-player game that uses six questions that you created.

Any idea on how to get this trophy?

If you have 5 other people to play with --> play two games with all 6 of you. Before the second game, make sure everyone creates a question. 

If you don't, but you have enough old phones to make up for it --> do the same.

If you don't have either of those things, use the video guide posted above in this thread (Qui es-tu? Créativité débridée) to emulate 1-6 android phones. It takes quite a bit of setup, and even then lots of things can go wrong. You don't want to try more than four emulators at once if your computer is weak. 

By the way: How do you get Broad Knowledge? I doubt it's another 6-offline-players thing since rarity is over 5% already. I've played a consensus in a 2-player, 3-player, 4-player, 5-player and 6-player game and haven't gotten this trophy. (This was all offline using emulators). And in the 6-player game I made sure there was a consensus on every type of question that seemed distinct. 

Edited by QuentinCle95

On 2017-07-06 at 4:34 AM, Maxie Mouse said:

(Sorry for double post!)

I have finally received an answer from the developers of the issue with some trophies requiring multiple devices locally, even one requiring 6 phones/tablets. The answer is not really encouraging.

*sigh* Prepare yourselves guys... let's snatch those phones... simply a very very bad easy Platinum to get!

What a dumb response.

I mean, I get what they're saying. That's not my issue, my issue is the fact they decided it was a good idea to require people to get 6 devices locally just to platinum a game. Imagine if Toys to Life required you to get EVERY figure to platinum. Sony doesn't allow that, it's only recently they started letting WB and Disney add DLC trophies for Story/Level Packs and Playsets respectively. Guess Activision doesn't care, given they release their expansions in crappy numbers I'm glad they don't have DLC trophies. Still don't have the light expansion since it was sold out in weeks, and wasn't restocked in any significant manner to drop the reseller prices.

They should've thought about this stuff before hand. It's like a 6x more annoying adhoc trophy.

12 minutes ago, reckscollie said:

Okay, so I am playing 6 player offline now but I can't get all my questions to be asked on the game. First try I got 5 only. The second try I got 4. What do I need for the 6 questions to appear? Thanks!

Every question you enter is usually guaranteed to appear at some point. Isn't it possible you forgot to import a question with one or two of your devices? (Perhaps they were unable to play a question yet because they hadn't played the game yet?)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

Every question you enter is usually guaranteed to appear at some point. Isn't it possible you forgot to import a question with one or two of your devices? (Perhaps they were unable to play a question yet because they hadn't played the game yet?)

I'm sure I placed questions before it starts. Maybe it's because they get disconnected at some point. I'll try again later hoping I could join the first 50 achievers ?

HOW TO GUARANTEE IT WORKS: Create 1 question per player in 6 different categories. Keep a note of which category you're using (i put the name actually in the question to keep track).

It's not random. The game needs 1 question for each round, so if 2 players have created a question in the same category there won't be enough for 6.

Edited by Mania112
  • Like 1

Ok since everyone is asking you have to do the following for Prolific Creators.

All six of the devices have to have questions and drawings loaded on their apps. Just go to every  question section and write one question in each category. As for the pic section just take one photo in each section. This must be done in all categories on every device.

When you start the 6 player game after you set up you profile you will be ask "do you want to use a question/pic you made up". All the devices must answer yes. 

During the game it will pick a random device ques/pic the've made up. In my first 6 player game I got 5 made up questions in the game. So I started a second 6 player game choosing 3 pics and 3 questions and the game pick all those up by the end of the game. 

So just write ques\pics in all categories on each device all you will get it quicker.