Coloured Gems

DrakeHellsing

Okay, in this game, not sure if getting them is still the same as the original.  Example, The Lost City, I read that there is a Green Gem to be earned from not dying.  But I am to assume it's for getting all the boxes instead? Including the ones in the bonus rounds?

I know I have to go back to other levels once I collect said gems, just want to know in this version as to how the gems are collected is all.

Lost city you have to collect all boxes without dying.  Took me pretty long but only because i was messing up at end on so stupid things.   BTW you can die in bonus stages , because it doesnt count as death.  After replaying it several times i also nailed the bonus stages , but im glad you dont have to. 

It also tells you when you load the stage as a Hint : for the gem you have to get all boxes without dying.

Good luck.

8 minutes ago, FlightlyBird777 said:

Yeah, Slippery Climb is one of them. (Red I think)

That sucks, I'll get them done... eventually, but not right now, gonna work on Warped for the time being (since it's my favourite of the three, will do some of 2 at some point too).

honestly i was shocked, after i've saw that PowerPyx gave the the game 8/10 difficulty rating...

from http://www.powerpxy.com hp:

Colored Gems are obtained by destroying ALL boxes without dying in certain missions. The reason you need them is because they unlock otherwise inaccessible paths in all sorts of levels. These paths lead to new boxes that are required for the Clear Gems. The Clear Gems are unlocked by simply destroying all the boxes in a mission (but unlike colored gems you are allowed to die as often as you want).

Without the colored gems it’s impossible to get the clear ones! There are 6 colors in total. They are unlocked from the following levels:

• Green: Lost City (Island 2)
  • Orange: Generator Room (Island 3)
  • Blue: Toxic Waste (Island 3)
  • Red: Slippery Climb (Island 3)
  • Purple: Lights Out (Island 3)
  • Yellow: The Lab (Island 3)

As you can see most of them are from the last (third) island so you’ll have to do a lot of backtracking to get the normal gems afterwards. Remember for these types of Gems you are not allowed to die while destroying every single box! If you meet both requirements it gives you the Gem as a mission reward.

5 hours ago, zeit86geist said:

honestly i was shocked, after i've saw that PowerPyx gave the the game 8/10 difficulty rating...

i only earned green one in lost city but it took me over an hour. I suck on deathless runs, and some boxes are risky to get. I cant say anything to the 8/10 rating but these gems are hard to get , and gold relic times are hard aswell.  Im surprised so many ppl from "early playing" already Plat it in 2-4 days.

10 minutes ago, BizarreAsh said:

If you die at the start of a coloured gem stage before getting a checkpoint do you need to quit out to map to get another chance or can you just continue and have it still count as a no death run?

I haven't tested it myself, but these people say you don't need to restart:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/191634-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy/75517898

https://www.reddit.com/r/crashbandicoot/comments/6khhar/if_you_die_before_the_first_checkpoint_can_you/

17 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Ah thank you! That'll make it a lot less frustrating when I go for the red gem in slippery climb

18 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

I really wish I knew that yesterday. I spent so much time reloading because of derps at the start of Slippery Climb. Took me hours. Ugh.

I'm only missing Slippery Climb and had momentarilly given up because I needed to reload every time I died in the beginning, nice to know I don't have to. I will play Crash 2 and 3 then go back to plat, but I still think the time trials will be harder than the gems for me.

17 minutes ago, The_Reaver85 said:

I can confirm to: If you die before reaching any checkpoint, game won't count it. Similar, death in bonus areas also won't count as death for the gem.

That's good to know if I ever decide to go for the coloured gems.  I mean, I'm in no rush to get back to the first game anytime soon though x.x

I've made a video for each of the level containing a coloured gem so hopefully this might help you guys out a bit on your quest to collecting all the gems :D if anyone is going to create a guide for this game as well feel free to use any videos I have made as a helper :D 

Green Gem 

Orange Gem 

Blue Gem 

Red Gem 

Purple Gem 

Yellow Gem 

Quick question I'll ask here about the whole, not dying for gems... I know for coloured gems, but with the guide that's up, seems to be more than five levels you need to complete without dying for gems... so I'm to assume those other levels are just clear gems?