asking for a friend about brutal

ok so my friend is playing uncharted 3 and is going through brutal and after

Spoiler

the castle area where charlie breaks his leg

things seemed to become easier for her and she kept going but when she started the game today it says she completed the next 3 orr so chapters on hard and not brutal can she just redo them on brutal or does she have to start the game over? she didnt change the difficulty or anything and isnt using any perks/rewards so no reason it should have flipped difficulties that i can think of and if she can just re-complete them can she just use chapter select start the chapter thats done on hard and flip it to brutal before moving at all?

Edited by Stevieboy
added spoiler tags

I believe that the trophy for beating *insert difficulty here* will pop as long as all chapters are marked as completed on that specific difficulty, so yes, your friend can go back in chapter select and complete those chapters again and be eligible for the brutal difficulty trophy. Some people seem to have a bug that doesn't show brutal as a difficulty to choose, even though they they've unlocked it, so hopefully this doesn't happen to your friend.

tl;dr: you're all good, chapter select is ok

it can be done on chapter select again, but I recommend that she needs to attempt these chapters from the previous ones, as chosen the same chapter that you need to attend on brutal some time won't work.

for an example, if you wanted to attempt chapter 4 on brutal via chapter select it's best to start from chapter 3 and way off to 5.

a friend of mine last week had this same problem but on uncharted drake's fortune, I think he got this bug on chapter 15 where he beats it on crushing but the game count it as been done on hard, I told him to try redo the chapter 15 from the start of 14 and all the way to what's after 15 and it works.