D-Pad or Analog Stick?

Crzy Minus

What's your preference in movement controls? Between D-Pad and Analog stick.

Now I know the original Crash only had D-Pad as movement controls so a lot of people will probably go with D-Pad, but now that analog stick has become an option, what works best for you?

I played the original Crash back in the day, but in 2017 I just can't imagine ever going back to D-pad controls regardless of any obvious (which I fail to see) advantages or game. It just feels so off! :D

The analog stick is hands down the best thing that ever happened to PS controllers.

• Like 4

I'll play later today and I'll choose the analog stick, because it's feels more natural to control within a 3D world.

I only use the D-Pad when moves must be immediately responsive, in 2D platforming games for example. But honestly, I haven't played the Crash games for over a decade so I don't remember which control I was the most comfortable with Crash Bandicoot.

Edited by Maxie Mouse

Fuck dpad or joystick,

Square. Or. Circle.

That's the real question.

...And since the remake doesn't let you hit circle, I guess the choice is made for you. I know it had other functions in later games, but in Crash 1, there's no reason to remove it. I know I'm being nitpicky, and it's not a genuine complaint or anything, and if I really cared I could map square to circle, but still, it's just odd.

Also, I find dpad better for some levels believe it or not, but I'll swap mid level without thinking, so I'm like a 75/25 in favor of joystick.

Crash only has 8 directions. D-Pad for immediate reaction and movement accuracy. Digital input means he will go straight to running. Only thing Analog can do differently is walk, but I haven't yet found a situation where it's required.
The game is made with D-Pad in mind, but I can see how some people would be too used to the Analog to bother switching.

I find the controls to be almost ruining the game for me.

The analogue is just a waste of time. Especially on a level like boulders.

Spend half ya time glitching on which way to turn.

I find using the D-Pad on certain levels is so bad i feel like uninstalling the game. 

Shame, because the game in general is very easy.

I think the time trials are gonna be near impossible because of the controls

I only used d-pad to walk along the ropes in those two bridge levels~ otherwise analog. The d-pad didn't feel as responsive to me. Felt like I had to really hammer it home just to get full movement. Was easier to use the analog to get what I wanted.