Crzy Minus

D-Pad or Analog Stick?

42 posts in this topic

D-Pad for me. As others have said it feels much smoother and natural than using an analog stick.

Analog all the way!

This thread had me worried at first but you guys brought it back and saved it in the end. Rode the D-Pad all the way to the Plat.

Used D-Pad all the way to 102%. I really tried using the stick on several occasions, but I always went back to the D-Pad very quickly.

Analog. I tried to use the D-PAD and it just didn't feel right, which is really strange considering the game was made back before there was any analogs on PS1.

Going back to Crash Bandicoot, the first one, in the hog segments, D-Pad I've been using, same with bonus areas... sometimes in the levels proper themselves, as the D-Pad for the first game seems more precise than the analog stick, which does help me with certain things.

D-pad. It's how the original was designed to work, and I find there's way too much deadzone in the analog controls.

D-pad !

As always the stick is fuckin' slacky.

D-pad works a lot better in Crash 1. Analog is too hard to use for precision jumping.

I use the D-pad, the analogue stick really feels wobbly in these games (and now I understand why ppl where talking about input lag while I didn't notice anything of the likes)
The only place I used the analogue stick was the "Rings of Power" level in Warped, because f that level.

Edited by LycanHero

Since I played the Crash Bandicoot games with the D-pad in the late 90's and all the way up to the release of the trilogy, I'm holding on to that now. However, my thumbs hurt a lot after a few hours because I still add too much pressure onto the pads. Although I'm using the D-pad most of the time, I find some of the time trials easier with the analog stick.

Mainly D-pad, because I find it more accurate like that. Although I'd use the analog stick during chase levels for faster turns.

I used analog sticks all the way. Easier for precision. Don't really like using the d-pad for crash.

I don't have the game yet as i'm waiting for it to be shipped out to me, but when i finally get the game i'm gonna use the analogue. I really couldn't see myself using the D-pad, it would get annoying very fast i reckon.

On 7/10/2017 at 10:07 AM, LycanHero said:

"Rings of Power" level in Warped

Did you know that level was named after one of Naughty Dog's very first games?

i highly prefer using d pad but certain levels are faster with analog and i had to kick out my dpad only habbit when i speedran this game