"Where did they go!?" Trophy

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

I personally hate that this even exists in the game. As if two exits and a hatch isn't enough ways to escape, all 4 survivors can actually escape without fixing all the generators. Ridiculous. 

To get the trophy all the gens have to be done or the hatch won't spawn, it's posted two posts above yours and listed in the guide. I agree with the sentiment of the post though, the hatch is a bad game mechanic.

It isn't as bad as it sounds in terms of difficulty. I thought in the beginning also that this wasn't achievable with good communication and practice.

But i got this one on second try and no mics. It is a plus when your now what you're doing and be low rank, so you play against lesser experienced killers. 

Join the boostsession, there are plenty of people who are willing to help.

18 hours ago, Mattemery said:

To get the trophy all the gens have to be done or the hatch won't spawn, it's posted two posts above yours and listed in the guide. I agree with the sentiment of the post though, the hatch is a bad game mechanic.

Wasn't really referring to the requirements for the trophy, just the fact that I had a couple of survivors escape me and the gens weren't all done yet. I was guessing it was some kind of hack, but apparently it's not. Seems that there's some kind of key that lets you open the hatch early? I mean, wow, the survivors clearly have too many ways to escape. I'm even somewhat against having a hatch at all. I mean, if you're going to have a hatch, then there should only be one exit. If there's two exits, there shouldn't be a hatch. Just my rwo cents on it.

Edited by jackmadrox

IMO the hatch adds more to the strategy and excitement of the game. If I’m the last one alive it would be near impossible to escape by powering all generators (especially if there’s more than one left) since killers tend to camp them. Also you have to remember if a survivor decides to bring in a key they aren’t bringing in a toolbox, Med kit, etc. The game isn’t necessarily about sacrificing all survivors either as bloodpoints are awarded in different groups so just hooking and camping a survivor won’t earn you much (although some still feel the need to do this...). Just my 2 cents on how the hatch evens the playing field a bit. 

On 9/9/2018 at 0:25 PM, Mattemery said:

This is not correct, to spawn the hatch you have to do 2 generators, then the hatch will spawn and make noise. in fact the hatch is there from the beginning, but it is invisible. there is a bug, where you can sometimes hear the invisible hatch (not to be confused with the sound of the normal exits, there is a wind noise too)

Yes this is a hard trophy but very fun to get :)

It is pretty easy if you have a 5 player team, one is the killer. this is possible.

I personally did it 3 times now, 2 times I was the killer helping a group, 1 time I got the trophy with a friend-survivor and 2 randoms, and the killer was also a friend, which was kind of an accident. the hardest part was to show the randoms that we have a key and they have to help searching, in the end the killer cought one of them and throw them on the hatch to make them unterstand since they disabled psn messages.

1 hour ago, Ai-ds_low said:

This is not correct, to spawn the hatch you have to do 2 generators, then the hatch will spawn and make noise. in fact the hatch is there from the beginning, but it is invisible. there is a bug, where you can sometimes hear the invisible hatch (not to be confused with the sound of the normal exits, there is a wind noise too)

Yes this is a hard trophy but very fun to get :)

It is pretty easy if you have a 5 player team, one is the killer. this is possible.

I personally did it 3 times now, 2 times I was the killer helping a group, 1 time I got the trophy with a friend-survivor and 2 randoms, and the killer was also a friend, which was kind of an accident. the hardest part was to show the randoms that we have a key and they have to help searching, in the end the killer cought one of them and throw them on the hatch to make them unterstand since they disabled psn messages.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying

From the wiki/gamepedia

The Hatch will become visible ("spawn") whenever the number of fully repaired Generators  exceeds the number of living Survivors by 1. This is true for the following scenarios:

Four Survivors: 5 fully repaired Generators / Exit Gates  are powered

Three Survivors: 4 fully repaired Generators / 1 Generator left

Two Survivors: 3 fully repaired Generators / 2 Generators left

One Survivor: 2 fully repaired Generators / 3 Generators left

For the trophy all the gens have to be done, and it doesn't make noise unless opened which only happens when opened with a key or you're the last survivor remaining, the latter being what you were referring to. I wasn't actually aware the hatch spawns in from the start and becomes visible later on but the wiki/gamepedia acknowledges spawn as correct/alternative terminology anyway 

You should know this if you have the trophy so I'm kind of confused