Possible roadmap?

Hi, since I can't find a trophy guide I would like to know how I should proceed in this adventure. Looking the trophies I may have an idea about what to do but at the same time I may be completely wrong.

My main doubts:

1. how does the story work? in the sense, is there a point of no return? or can I back anytime wherever I want? when I finish the story, what will happen, will all be reset or will I keep all what I got previously?
  2. any missable trophy?
  3. if I'm not wrong the only grind to do is for the over 700 weapons. I read about a dlc to farm them, but is it so necessary? can't I just farm them in the standard game? because I read that the trophy related to all weapons may glitch because of the DLC (is it true? or won't the dlc afflict in any way the trophy?)
  4. if the trophy mentioned above would glitch, what should I do except prepare a bomb attack on the developers? (I was thinking about a back-up before get the last weapons)
  5. do trophies stack?
  6. those trophies related to reach XXXX health with (Character), is another grind? or will they come naturally?

What about:

• Difficulty X/X
  • Extimated time without dlc / with dlc
  • accessories (only 2 pads?)
Edited by VirtualNight

1. The story consists of different missions. Once you unlock a mission (by finishing the previous one) you can replay it on any difficulty with any class. After you finish the last mission, nothing will change other than you having cleared the last mission.

2. No

3. No clue, haven't got that far.

4. Sounds like a plan, backing up your save regularly.

5. No. You need to complete the game on each difficulty (Normal/Hard/Hardest/Inferno) with each of the 4 classes (Fencer/Ranger/Air Raider/Wing Diver) This means you need to complete the story 16 times. However you can play splitscreen with two different classes, letting one character idle. The mission completion will count for both of them. Meaning you'll have to do 8 playthroughs minimum. Armor drops also count for both characters so it's in your best interest to always play in splitscreen. Weapon drops only count for the character who actually picks up the drop. So i'd recommend switching up the "playing" class every once in a while so you get some weapons for it as well.

Also, the offline & online campaign are complete separate meaning your armor & weapons do not carry over between the two.

6. They will come naturally. You need a lot more armor than the trophies state anyway to clear the missions on Inferno.

Since i have only put in about 40 hours or so in 2025 and cleared the campaign only once i cannot really speak about the difficulty and time. However you can expect the platinum time to run in the hundreds of hours at least. Difficulty will depend on how much armor you grind and whether or not you actually have a couch co-op partner. 

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

Hi, since I can't find a trophy guide I would like to know how I should proceed in this adventure. Looking the trophies I may have an idea about what to do but at the same time I may be completely wrong.

My main doubts:

1. how does the story work? in the sense, is there a point of no return? or can I back anytime wherever I want? when I finish the story, what will happen, will all be reset or will I keep all what I got previously?
  2. any missable trophy?
  3. if I'm not wrong the only grind to do is for the over 700 weapons. I read about a dlc to farm them, but is it so necessary? can't I just farm them in the standard game? because I read that the trophy related to all weapons may glitch because of the DLC (is it true? or won't the dlc afflict in any way the trophy?)
  4. if the trophy mentioned above would glitch, what should I do except prepare a bomb attack on the developers? (I was thinking about a back-up before get the last weapons)
  5. do trophies stack?
  6. those trophies related to reach XXXX health with (Character), is another grind? or will they come naturally?

What about:

• Difficulty X/X

Story is mission based. You clear one mission (1 stage) and you unlock the next one. Any level can be selected at any difficulty with any class whenever you please once it has been unlocked. There's no point of no return or anything of that nature to worry about!

Similarly nothing is missable :)

The DLC is not needed for farming anything but if you want to afk farm HP it can be very useful as there are new enemy types that drop a lot more items. Not sure if it's any good for getting weapons or not as I never got it. There are perfectly good stages to farm weapons in the main game both playing and afk depending on preference.

The trophies can be temperamental but I don't think they're glitched. It's the same story for the PS4 remake of this game. If you can make a backup just before you get the last weapon you may as well though. My suggestion to avoid any issues is be on single player when you get the last weapon you need. (The best thing to do would be leave a low level weapon till last)

Trophies do not stack which is the other reason for the long grind. You have to clear each difficulty with each class separately. You can however local splitscreen co-op and clear two characters at once. Both will get any hp drops you pickup so it's worth doing if you can regardless. I believe the weapons go to whichever class collects them. If you do co-op and the difficulty trophies don't unlock then clear any stage again with player 1 controlling the class that player 2 was using!

The hp trophies are not a grind. You will need far more than the requirement to get plat unless you get major carried online. You die real fast on inferno ;)

Difficulty is an easy 9/10 single player (depends on how much hp you farm tbh) and 7/8 offline co-op. The online mode has extra stages that are real hard plus enemies get a buff to stats, I couldn't beat it! Offline co-op enemies are not buffed and the extra stages are not present. I should point out that progress on missions only is NOT shared between the two modes either so it's all or nothing.

Two pads is all you'll need, and maybe a rubber band haha ;)

Time varies wildly based on how many players you have, how lucky you are and how good you are. You are looking anywhere from 80-250 hrs. I'd have to fire up my save to check but I think my time was 90ish hours!

Hope that helps somewhat ^^

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

Cut cut

32 minutes ago, jimbob12345678 said:

Cut cut

Ok I think I got it, thanks to both. I had this game from ps+ and I was always worried about start it, I will do it soon and surely I will regret this decision ?

15 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

My main doubts:

2. any missable trophy?
  5. do trophies stack?

What about:

• Difficulty X/X

1: The story consists of 85 Missions each one has 5 difficulties: easy, normal, hard, hardest & inferno. On average to complete 1 playthrough it will take you between 12-16 hours. Less as you get more used to the game.

2: No missable trophies and no bugged ones.

3: This can be done offline without any issue. I may or may not write a trophy guide on this after I platinum it. The weapon farming isn't that bad, it may sound like a lot but if you collect every weapon crate you find on the map you'll almost have every weapon by the end of the playthroughs anyways.

4:No trophies will glitch.

5: Yes! so always play on split screen. The other controller doesn't have to do anything or even survive. If they die or dont move it still counts as a victory for them. I however would recommend getting a friend. I am using my sister and she's proven to be extremely helpful, couldn't have done some missions without her on the later difficulties, really tough shit at times when your armour is low.

6: They will come more than naturally. You'll be wanting roughly 10-20x more health than what the trophies require you to have. However there is a good farming spot for armour to combat this.

Difficulty: Hmmm... tricky to answer. It really depends on your weaponry and armour level but I wouldn't rush into any difficulty greater than normal at the start. Try and do some levels at inferno such as lv. 11, 15 or 70 and 77 when you have 1000+ hp and complete the game at least once to get some really kick ass weapons that will help you beat the next playthroughs in record time. 

I'd give the game a 5/10 difficulty, its fair... and average.. challenging at times but ultimately fairly straightforward as you slowly master it.

Estimated time to plat without DLC: 200-300hrs. I've got like 72hrs clocked up and I'm making great progress! I doubt it'll take much more than 200 hours for me to platinum if I'm honest. Its getting very easy thanks to my weapons!

Accessories: Only two controllers but it can be done with one, although it'll double your time to platinum the game. So I'd recommend 2!!!

Happy hunting! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shakilrahman96 said:

1: The story consists of 85 Missions each one has 5 difficulties: easy, normal, hard, hardest & inferno. On average to complete 1 playthrough it will take you between 12-16 hours. Less as you get more used to the game.

8...5...OMG, I have done the first 7 missions but I wasn't expecting that there are so many of them!

I'm not that type of person who enjoys to grind things that's why I have planned to do 16 runs so that meanwhile I could get a lot of weapons... now I understand why the trophies are so rare. Is a very funny game but after a while it should become quite boring.

I have a doubt: should I get the Armor crates? I don't understand if they help in increasing my health or if they just restore the armor if it gets damage (although I've never noticed it getting damage).

Edited by VirtualNight

5 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

8...5...OMG, I have done the first 7 missions but I wasn't expecting that there are so many of them!

I'm not that type of person who enjoys to grind things that's why I have planned to do 16 runs so that meanwhile I could get a lot of weapons... now I understand why the trophies are so rare. Is a very funny game but after a while it should become quite boring.

I have a doubt: should I get the Armor crates? I don't understand if they help in increasing my health or if they just restore the armor if it gets damage (although I've never noticed it getting damage).

The armor crates increase your maximum hp however the effects don't kick in until after the stage is clear and different classes get different amounts per pickup. You should always go for them if they aren't too far out of the way. The other two hp items only restore hp so you can ignore them.

Generally the fencer gets max hp faster, the wing diver gets it slower and the other two are average if I recall :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

Yep... 85 missions... some short.. some deadly long lol. 

Yes!!! get ALL the armour crates! armour = HP in this game. Each armour crate you get = a certain amount of HP increase.

I can't remember the exact values but

Ranger: 2 armour crates = 1hp increase
Wing Diver: 4 armour crates = 1hp increase
Fencer: 2 armour crates = 1.5hp increase (approx)
Air Raider: 2 armour crates = 1hp increase

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shakilrahman96 said:

Yep... 85 missions... some short.. some deadly long lol. 

Yes!!! get ALL the armour crates! armour = HP in this game. Each armour crate you get = a certain amount of HP increase.

I can't remember the exact values but

Ranger: 2 armour crates = 1hp increase
Wing Diver: 4 armour crates = 1hp increase
Fencer: 2 armour crates = 1.5hp increase (approx)
Air Raider: 2 armour crates = 1hp increase

19 hours ago, jimbob12345678 said:

The armor crates increase your maximum hp however the effects don't kick in until after the stage is clear and different classes get different amounts per pickup. You should always go for them if they aren't too far out of the way. The other two hp items only restore hp so you can ignore them.

Generally the fencer gets max hp faster, the wing diver gets it slower and the other two are average if I recall :)

Understood, thanks, is quite boring get those crates most of the time, because i need to travel for a while and roll as hell to be faster, why couldn't the developers add the vehicles in some places instead of put them only as request from air raiders?? ? At least I have +600 armour and I'm still on the Normal run. But if I keep playing by this way, I wil definitely find all weapons without need to grind.

On 7/2/2017 at 2:39 PM, VirtualNight said:

Understood, thanks, is quite boring get those crates most of the time, because i need to travel for a while and roll as hell to be faster, why couldn't the developers add the vehicles in some places instead of put them only as request from air raiders?? 1f61e.png At least I have +600 armour and I'm still on the Normal run. But if I keep playing by this way, I wil definitely find all weapons without need to grind.

I wouldn't recommend skipping or being lazy with the armour crates!! they add up over time :P trust me...

On 30/06/2017 at 9:14 PM, jimbob12345678 said:

Time varies wildly based on how many players you have, how lucky you are and how good you are. You are looking anywhere from 80-250 hrs. I'd have to fire up my save to check but I think my time was 90ish hours!

90 ish hours is extremely lucky, That's all i can say.

Bare minimum you have to do at least 680 missions, 15 minute average as some take some time. Even with a perfect run, perfect set of weapons, and exponential armor build it will take lots of time. Usual and can be expected for this game s around 300 hours. It takes sometime to do some missions, and unless you have 100.000 health you'll need to develop a strategy for some of the worse levels on inferno or you'll die constantly. And difficulty is exponential too, hardest already takes some time, but inferno is very difficult.

Understood, thanks, is quite boring get those crates most of the time, because i need to travel for a while and roll as hell to be faster, why couldn't the developers add the vehicles in some places instead of put them only as request from air raiders?? 1f61e.png At least I have +600 armour and I'm still on the Normal run. But if I keep playing by this way, I wil definitely find all weapons without need to grind.

Picking all the armor crates is essential. You'll have to do it anyway, either in your games or by farming. See above, difficulty is exponential.

The game is very grindy. Not only you must get a reasonable health to all characters, the weapons are a HUGE grind. When you're missing 20 weapons or so, new weapons take a nosedive. I'm only missing one weapon, and I've farmed one of the last levels for 3 hours, got more than 80 weapons crates and no show. I've played a lot of other 80+ missions and no luck either. Do see, weapons is a chance game, so you can play dozens of games, get tons of weapons crates and still it won't show up easily. And finishing some of the levels with some characters alone is a nightmare.

You don't need the DLC and it seems it can mess seriously one of the trophies, the 100% weapons, one of the ones you really don't want to mess with.

I'm finishing a grinding guide, with the best levels for weapons and the one for armor, drop me a note if you need help in the meantime.

ALWAYS play with a second dummy player, preferably from the class you don't like. Just let him die, armor and mission complete will still count.

The game is very fun. One of the best shooters I've ever played.

Edited by cris3f

5 hours ago, cris3f said:

90 ish hours is extremely lucky, That's all i can say.

Bare minimum you have to do at least 680 missions, 15 minute average as some take some time. Even with a perfect run, perfect set of weapons, and exponential armor build it will take lots of time. Usual and can be expected for this game s around 300 hours. It takes sometime to do some missions, and unless you have 100.000 health you'll need to develop a strategy for some of the worse levels on inferno or you'll die constantly. And difficulty is exponential too, hardest already takes some time, but inferno is very difficult.

Picking all the armor crates is essential. You'll have to do it anyway, either in your games or by farming. See above, difficulty is exponential.

The game is very grindy. Not only you must get a reasonable health to all characters, the weapons are a HUGE grind. When you're missing 20 weapons or so, new weapons take a nosedive. I'm only missing one weapon, and I've farmed one of the last levels for 3 hours, got more than 80 weapons crates and no show. I've played a lot of other 80+ missions and no luck either. Do see, weapons is a chance game, so you can play dozens of games, get tons of weapons crates and still it won't show up easily. And finishing some of the levels with some characters alone is a nightmare.

You don't need the DLC and it seems it can mess seriously one of the trophies, the 100% weapons, one of the ones you really don't want to mess with.

I'm finishing a grinding guide, with the best levels for weapons and the one for armor, drop me a note if you need help in the meantime.

ALWAYS play with a second dummy player, preferably from the class you don't like. Just let him die, armor and mission complete will still count.

So yeah, I dug out my copy to take a look. Took me 230~hrs, no idea where I got 90 from haha! I'd guess about 30hrs of that was 'wasted' time screwing around online with mates / dealing with disconnects etc though.

I did most of my weapon farming online (on 'death queen') even though it would have been way faster to use the normal ant dropship on the second to last mission which is what I did for all the highest level gear I needed. I reckon I could have shaved another 30hrs off of my play time easy if I did that but it would have been mega boring!

Added some potato quality images ;)

UYAxeTM.jpg

IT5f8oY.jpg

Edited by jimbob12345678
Adding images ^^

11 hours ago, cris3f said:

"The trap" level is very good for the armor grinding as you get loads of ants and small spiders. You can get around 20 armor boxes in like couple of minutes. Personally, I wouldn't call this game one of the best shooters I've ever played :) It can be fun at times, yes, but there were much better games out there. It has a cliched story, with poor voice acting and levels that feel like they've been cut into 85 short "wave missions". Many missions seem very similar, there's too much grinding involved and when you play in co-op the game's FPS can come down to a veeery low performance, making the game awful to play and bringing up some cheap deaths on inferno ;) It's not bad but IMO really needs some polishing.

Additional: The other things consist of enemies that can get stuck (even the flying drones :P), rag-doll physics and silly A.I. from the NPC soldiers. It's similar to the Tokyo Jungle in that matter - a good idea that needs some more work to get the best out of itself. I know there's a big fan base of this series (which I totally understand and tolerate), but they can't go past those flaws which could be fixed thus making the game much better :)

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Additional comment.

On 6/7/2017 at 8:46 PM, jimbob12345678 said:

So yeah, I dug out my copy to take a look. Took me 230~hrs, no idea where I got 90 from haha! I'd guess about 30hrs of that was 'wasted' time screwing around online with mates / dealing with disconnects etc though.

I did most of my weapon farming online (on 'death queen') even though it would have been way faster to use the normal ant dropship on the second to last mission which is what I did for all the highest level gear I needed. I reckon I could have shaved another 30hrs off of my play time easy if I did that but it would have been mega boring!

Added some potato quality images ;)

UYAxeTM.jpg

IT5f8oY.jpg

Damn, my ranger armor is 3,000 but I don't see a way to beat some Inferno missions in wide areas for now, what is your secret lol. The only video-guides that I could find are about a guy using in wide areas the air raider, but he had around 9,000 armor which allowed him to call like nothing the vehicles.

I tried to play some online modes, I can see people with 30,000 armor, or even 999,999, all my offline weapons/armor are carried there and looks like if one gets an armor/weapon crate then all will receive it, so I ask to myself (and to you) if it would be easier to complete the Inferno mode online with these overpower people.

Grind the armor is very boring, I'm starting to think that this thing is worse than the weapons farm... I found the afk farm trick but looks like only the WD and Fencer can do that which means that the poor ranger/air raider can't use this trick. I'm wonder if it would be a good idea to buy the DLC 3 (that dlc alone won't add new weapons, there is another specific dlc which does, so I shouldn't jump into the weapons trophy glitch), upgrade very well the Fencer and team him with the other 3 classes to carry them through the Inferno mode instead of the online suggestion (I said Fencer because I don't see a good weapons for WD to take care of the ships and the very high HP enemies).

Maybe I did some wrong plans, I thought to use the Ranger to carry the WD through the Inferno run, then do the same as Fencer for Air Raider.

What are the best weapons? who has them? maybe I'm seriously underestimating the WD potential

Edited by VirtualNight

7 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

Damn, my ranger armor is 3,000 but I don't see a way to beat some Inferno missions in wide areas for now, what is your secret lol. The only video-guides that I could find are about a guy using in wide areas the air raider, but he had around 9,000 armor which allowed him to call like nothing the vehicles.

I tried to play some online modes, I can see people with 30,000 armor, or even 999,999, all my offline weapons/armor are carried there and looks like if one gets an armor/weapon crate then all will receive it, so I ask to myself (and to you) if it would be easier to complete the Inferno mode online with these overpower people.

Grind the armor is very boring, I'm starting to think that this thing is worse than the weapons farm... I found the afk farm trick but looks like only the WD and Fencer can do that which means that the poor ranger/air raider can't use this trick. I'm wonder if it would be a good idea to buy the DLC 3 (that dlc alone won't add new weapons, there is another specific dlc which does, so I shouldn't jump into the weapons trophy glitch), upgrade very well the Fencer and team him with the other 3 classes to carry them through the Inferno mode instead of the online suggestion (I said Fencer because I don't see a good weapons for WD to take care of the ships and the very high HP enemies).

Maybe I did some wrong plans, I thought to use the Ranger to carry the WD through the Inferno run, then do the same as Fencer for Air Raider.

What are the best weapons? who has them? maybe I'm seriously underestimating the WD potential

The WD has the most destructive weapons going but some of the stats are, for lack of a better word, misleading. The best rapier weapons can do literally hundreds of thousands of damage in mere seconds providing you can get up close and personal with your target. For a good example of this, try taking one into a 'godzilla' mission. Even the default rapier you start with is pretty good. Something I normally end up doing on EDF is taking a rapier onto the first mission on inferno (because the black ants don't fire acid) and backing away with little boost hops while firing it off. The reload time is basically instant and it does continuous dmg which stunlocks the horde ;)

In almost every instance where I had to carry another class through an inferno mission, the WD was the class I was controlling! Other great weapons are the monster-s, plasmafall sigma (once you learn how to aim it haha) thunderbow and iduun. The gungnir can one shot anything except the last boss if I recall but takes about 7 bars of energy to reload. Very useful at times to have your dummy controller equipped with 2 of those for easy dropship removal :) Finally the best thunder sniper (I think it's called thunder sniper 30) is the MVP choice for underground stages. NOTHING in this game is more satisfying than firing off a gun without aiming and killing enemies 2 rooms away. Just watch the radar clear ;)

Not massively keen on the ranger in this game. Since the air-raider was added he 'gave away' some of his useful weapons to that class (C60s and turrets) and has been left with nothing super destructive for inferno. Only recommendations I can offer are assault rifle and healing gun, or double sniper rifle. If you take two snipers and repeatedly swap weapon when firing to get around the slow firing speed they can take down big targets pretty good but otherwise the other classes are better in just about any way. Oh also the reverse shooter healing gun launches nearby enemies away so it can be good for crowd control as well as healing!

Finally just for clarity, I did some of inferno on co-op with my brother. I'd never be able to clear some of the later stages solo at that HP count! (F*cking Dragons)

*Random bonus info*

I don't know what mission it is but the stage that is just about 6 red ships is where I started my farming on the PS4 version of this game. If you can get a weapon for the WD called demonic lance and take two of those you can essentially dogfight in the skies for some nice loot early on :)