Crash Bandicoot the new Dark Souls

DiegoMolinams

So Games Radar just compared Crash Bandicoot with Dark Souls on its review and it has already started some memes ?

Here is the review: http://www.gamesradar.com/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-review/

What do you guys think?

EDIT: More memes ?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DiegoMolinams.png

Edited by DiegoMolinams
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

Dark Souls? Puh-lease. I haven't even played DS because it's too hard for me to open the case.

That's hilarious. :)

Anyway, I find that reviewers and writers in general these days like to lump things into categories that are personified by whatever is in their recent memory. Dark Souls has become the category for hard games. I'm sure retro reviews would call old NES games the "Dark Souls of platforming" and so on. 

Reviewers are dumb. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 2

It's as hilarious as when Metroid and other classic games were released on Nintendo's virtual store and their Mii pages or whatever they're called where full of kids not knowing how the games work.

I once thought that games were good for problem solving skill growth, but now I'm not so sure. It's like games have become so easy and hold your hand so much, the kids have no idea how even the most basic things work.

But we have to remember that game journalists typically don't play a lot of games, they play maybe 5-10 hours of a game, review it and move on. When was the last time anyone saw a game journalist that was actually able to play games competently? The only ones I've seen is maybe the Playstation Access guys.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I hate this comparison at the best of times, but the context it's used in here makes absolutely no sense. Crash Bandicoot is over 20 years old, so how in the hell did it "become Dark Souls"? How old is this reviewer? With all the games that hold your hand these days, it might be hard to remember, but difficult games have been around ever since they were first conceived; Dark Souls didn't invent them. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Took the words right out of my mouth. And @MeteorHawk is right, the game being rebuilt from scratch makes it feel different from the originals. Anyone remember their first time playing the originals? Those were difficult to get used to as well, or at least that's how I felt. This was to be expected and these comparisons are moronic.

• Like 2

The reviewers just doesn't know how to play the damn games properly. I got used to the enhanced controls in a matter of minutes. To be honest, it feels better now than with a PS1 controller. I almost have all 30 golden relics now in Warped, and I'm gonna play the first two games from the trilogy first thing tomorrow. This is not like Dark Souls for me - maybe because I've played it for MANY MANY years? Or because it's quite simple? :shakefist:

• Like 1