How accesible are the online modes?

Hey guys, picked this game up for my Vita a few weeks ago and just had a chance to look at the trophies, a lot of online related stuff from the looks of it. I know chances are very slim but is the online community active for this game or will I have limited game mode options when playing?

On 1/7/2017 at 3:45 AM, GRITTY_PITTY said:

Hey guys, picked this game up for my Vita a few weeks ago and just had a chance to look at the trophies, a lot of online related stuff from the looks of it. I know chances are very slim but is the online community active for this game or will I have limited game mode options when playing?

I have recently self boosted doa 5 using my ps vita with doa 5+, community is pretty dead on both console, you can find some one in the mornig/evening but if you are going to do those trophy..self boost it's the right way because server are really broken, sometimes searching myself with the same connection it doesen't work and is not my connection who sucks..(took me around 22 hours for doing 550 ranked match), or try to find someone creating a gaming session

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The online of this games (and its PS3 counterpart) is certainly in the top 3 of crappiest available. I can't ever get a connection between my Vita and PS3, but sporadically they find other players and when they do the connection is reasonable or even good. Even 2 Vitas in the same network is a nightmare. Last Round and Ultimate don't have this problem, not even close.

Edited by cris3f

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, lunar-dream said:

I tried a couple of days ago and couldn't find any match at all.

any luck anyone?

From my understanding, the game has a bad net code, so getting matched on Simple or Rank Matches with other users was a pain in my experience. I popped my Rank Match trophy when I AFK'ed my PSVITA searching while taking a bath. I must've waited for like a solid 45 minutes searching for one match for sure. It would be best to self boost, by either 2 PSVITAs/PS3s or 1 PSVITA and 1 PS3 (but note that PS3 also has Throwdown Challenges & 1000 Online Match trophies, so if you plan on doing both versions it can be a double-edged sword).

I completed this game a while ago, I used the PS3 DOA5 Vanilla and this version to connect for online battles. You can do that if you use a different account on your PS3 (if you have one) alternatively you can buy a second vita and do it that way too.. I bought a cheap second hand one for that one stupid trophy