Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - Time Trial (Platinum/Gold Relics) Videos

rubhen925

Hey guys,

I'm doing a playthrough of the game and also trying to get the gold relics from the time trials for the platinum. I've made some videos and am constantly uploading as I get the gold times.

Take a look. Maybe some of you can benefit from a visual run through of the levels for gold relics. I don't always go for platinums, so getting them is a bonus :)

Cheers.

N.Sanity Beach (1-1) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Jungle Rollers (1-2) Time Trial Platinum Relic:

Great Gate (1-3) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Boulders (1-4) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Upstream (1-5) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Rolling Stones (1-6) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Hog Wild (1-7) Time Trial Platinum Relic:

Native Fortress (1-8) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Up The Creek (2-1) Time Trial Gold Relic:

The Lost City (2-2) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Temple Ruins (2-3) Time Trial Platinum Relic:

Road to Nowhere (2-4) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Boulder Dash (2-5) Time Trial Platinum Relic:

Sunset Vista (2-6) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Heavy Machinery (3-1) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Cortex Power (3-2) Time Trial Platinum Relic:

Generator Room (3-3) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Toxic Waste (3-4) Time Trial Gold Relic:

High Road (3-5) Time Trial Gold Relic:  (THIS LEVEL CAN GO DIE IN A HOLE!!)

Slippery Climb (4-1) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Lights Out (4-2) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Jaws of Darkness (4-3) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Castle Machinery (4-4) Time Trial Gold Relic:

The Lab (4-5) Time Trial Gold Relic:

Whole Hog (Bonus Level) Time Trial Platinum Relic:

Fumbling in the Dark (Bonus Level) Time Trial Gold Relic:

That's it!!! All the levels are done! Can't believe I was crazy enough to attempt this..My poor thumb, and my poor controller...

Good luck guys!!

Edited by rubhen925
  • Like 4

Thanks! After realizing the difficulty of this game, not sure if I'll get the platinum trophy it (Im not THAT good or patient haha) but I certainly would like to get as many trophies as possible, so hopefully I can pickup a handful of the gold relics. I so far got gold or better on the first 3 levels, so these will help going forward.

It's the last levels that worry me and will probably make this a non-platinum game. Granted it was just my first playthrough, but I can't phathom doing some of those later levels without dying PERIOD, time aside. It was so brutal for me to get through it in general let alone fast haha.

Edited by Dead-Sync

I still haven't gotten past high road in terms of gold. I hate that level with a passion :/

For someone who is playing this game for the first time in their life (me :P), well the game is surely kicking my face into the ground. Hopefully I can get them done. i don't like giving up on a game that I like.

Gd luck!

Ditto on first time, I never played the originals.

That said, game (and trophy) difficulty aside, I am still enjoying the game for what it is. As hard as it is, it is simple in design and it's been a nice change of pace from the tons of open world games I've been playing lately (and seem to be consuming the market) Now I'm mixing it up with Crash for the "N" sanity, and Tales from the Borderlands for the Relaxation. It's been nice to keep it fresh from the rest of the games out there. 

As far as the bridge levels, the second bridge level took me so long to complete in the story. Maybe it will be easier if I learn some strategies, but gosh damn the game is unforgiving in some ways.

3 hours ago, rubhen925 said:

I still haven't gotten past high road in terms of gold. I hate that level with a passion :/

For someone who is playing this game for the first time in their life (me :P), well the game is surely kicking my face into the ground. Hopefully I can get them done. i don't like giving up on a game that I like.

Gd luck!

Yes high road was the most frustrating levels out of the entire game for me, but i used a method back when i was a kid lol. Did you ever try walking on the ropes? at first you will just fall i assure you but once you get used to it, you will be able to jump and walk on the roap. it took me a solid 1 hour to get this relic so practice 

38 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

I never knew you could jump in the background lol. i will try for a platinum relic maybe :P

I'm still stuck on high road. i might go to bed for a bit and try again...

I just got platinum on Highroad, the ropes are your friend, walk on them whenever you can.

Edited by Bilenlol

On 1/7/2017 at 9:31 AM, Shadiochao said:

There's a really nice shortcut on Native Fortress that you missed. At 1:39 in your video, you can jump into the background and walk past all the obstacles until 1:54.

I've been collecting relics as soon as I complete the level. I skipped this one because it was frustrating me so much but I'll give it another go now with your tip, that's brill. You should make a tips and strategies thread so people can add all their tips in one place because I've come across a few tips in other threads! If you want that is?

Ok, so I started going for gold relics. Just passed Road to Nowhere. Took me like 3 hrs and couldn't get the time without using the rope at the end. I made it a few times before with like a second or two short. The time on that is so tight and I don't stop for anything.

Anyways, I have a question to you @rubhen925 and everyone else that passed High Road using the rope. Do you use the d.pad or analog sticks to jump/walk on ropes? I know it was hard but you make it look so easy. :D

For High Road, i use analog when I'm going on the bridge, and use the d-pad on the ropes. It's easier to stay straight using the d-pad. You can tell that I take a second to shift to the d-pad when trying to jump on the ropes.

Good luck!

17 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Ok, so I started going for gold relics. Just passed Road to Nowhere. Took me like 3 hrs and couldn't get the time without using the rope at the end. I made it a few times before with like a second or two short. The time on that is so tight and I don't stop for anything.

Anyways, I have a question to you @rubhen925 and everyone else that passed High Road using the rope. Do you use the d.pad or analog sticks to jump/walk on ropes? I know it was hard but you make it look so easy. :D

I used the analog stick for the entire level. If I had to jump on the ropes I always used the right side ropes, and always jumped off quickly as well so I wouldn't fall off. Took lots of practice but I would never have gotten the gold relic without doing that. 

Great practice for high road, I always used the D pad because it feels safer for me with those games. 

19 hours ago, rubhen925 said:

For High Road, i use analog when I'm going on the bridge, and use the d-pad on the ropes. It's easier to stay straight using the d-pad. You can tell that I take a second to shift to the d-pad when trying to jump on the ropes.

Good luck!

To avoid unnecessary accidents, just use those ropes in those tough places, I actually managed the timing by always sticking to the center of the bridge then just da a spiral arrow movement with the pad and boom, walking on wires 

• Like 1

Tomorrow I'll upload the high road one, xD the spiral arrow movements work wonders, 

Still annoyed with my nerves on sunset Vista, had a great run just to lose focus on the last spinning platformer, think I lost 10 free seconds, glad I still got the Platinum relic, this one is long and can be annoying