Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - Time Trial (Platinum/Gold Relics) Videos

rubhen925

So I've been using the d-pad all throughout the Crash Bandicoot time trials. Is the analog stick better? I only need a few more relics for the plat. I'm getting salty seeing all these players Platinum the game so quickly lol. I hope I'm not cucking myself by using just the d-pad if the analog is easier. I think platformers are my weakness. I should've played more platformers as a kid ? *sigh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChampionPrince said:

So I've been using the d-pad all throughout the Crash Bandicoot time trials. Is the analog stick better? I only need a few more relics for the plat. I'm getting salty seeing all these players Platinum the game so quickly lol. I hope I'm not cucking myself by using just the d-pad if the analog is easier. I think platformers are my weakness. I should've played more platformers as a kid 1f629.png *sigh

I find the analog easier but just because I'm so used to using it for every other game. Of course 'High Road' I'm trying to juggle with the d pad for walking on the rope so I can walk straight - but it's not working, I keep slipping off. That level can shrivel up and die somewhere painful!! I'd suggest using whatever your most comfortable with - the analog won't make him go any faster ?

57 minutes ago, ChampionPrince said:

So I've been using the d-pad all throughout the Crash Bandicoot time trials. Is the analog stick better? I only need a few more relics for the plat. I'm getting salty seeing all these players Platinum the game so quickly lol. I hope I'm not cucking myself by using just the d-pad if the analog is easier. I think platformers are my weakness. I should've played more platformers as a kid 1f629.png *sigh

I think my sister used the d-pad the whole time and she just got the plat today. It might say she got it in a week but really it only took her a couple of days when she had time off.

I myself use the analog (still play racers and old RE games with d-pad) and everything takes me longer. Mainly because I'm not that good at platformers either.

So I don't think it makes too much difference. If you're really comfortable with one just use that. Tho I might contradict myself at the end of my post. :P

As for my progress, I only have 2 more relics to go, Castle Machinery and The Lab.

Thanks for all the vids posted, they've helped a lot.

Some people might hate me for saying this but I think High Road wasn't that hard.

Here are a couple of mini-tips:

- When jumping the dragon head from rope to rope I held :cross: longer so Crash would do a flip jump. He didn't slip off that much compared to his small jump even when not touching the head.

- Using analog I could adjust Crash on the ropes if done very GINGERLY. Just gonna have to get a feel for it. Tried d-pad but he didn't always go straight with that either and I couldn't adjust.

10 hours ago, ChampionPrince said:

D pad is indeed easier whenever you need a tight and quick response, some of the 4d levels, those that mix 2d and full 3d, analog works better because you have to quickly change directions, for both bridges levels, I prefer D pad. 

9 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I think my sister used the d-pad the whole time and she just got the plat today. It might say she got it in a week but really it only took her a couple of days when she had time off.

I myself use the analog (still play racers and old RE games with d-pad) and everything takes me longer. Mainly because I'm not that good at platformers either.

So I don't think it makes too much difference. If you're really comfortable with one just use that. Tho I might contradict myself at the end of my post. :P

As for my progress, I only have 2 more relics to go, Castle Machinery and The Lab.

Thanks for all the vids posted, they've helped a lot.

Some people might hate me for saying this but I think High Road wasn't that hard.

Here are a couple of mini-tips:

- When jumping the dragon head from rope to rope I held :cross: longer so Crash would do a flip jump. He didn't slip off that much compared to his small jump even when not touching the head.

- Using analog I could adjust Crash on the ropes if done very GINGERLY. Just gonna have to get a feel for it. Tried d-pad but he didn't always go straight with that either and I couldn't adjust.

Great minds think alike, those are also the only stages left for me, :D maybe tonight or tomorrow the plat will be mine and I shall move to crash 2, such a blast, loved every second. 

Okay so I'm doing the time trial for  "The Lab' level and it is the last one I need for platinum. I noticed the switch in front of the TNT surrounded by time has a 3 second box and then I noticed sometimes it just vanished!!! There was no 3 second box, so I had to suicide and start over until there was a 3 second box. Is this intentional? Because to me this is just bullshit... I also noticed right near the end of the level there was a 3 second box that I saw only once - it has not been there since! Has anyone else noticed these in this level or any other?

Crash%20Bandicoot%20N_%20Sane%20Trilogy_

Crash%20Bandicoot%20N_%20Sane%20Trilogy_

On 7/9/2017 at 0:22 PM, Hogie838 said:

Okay so I'm doing the time trial for  "The Lab' level and it is the last one I need for platinum. I noticed the switch in front of the TNT surrounded by time has a 3 second box and then I noticed sometimes it just vanished!!! There was no 3 second box, so I had to suicide and start over until there was a 3 second box. Is this intentional? Because to me this is just bullshit... I also noticed right near the end of the level there was a 3 second box that I saw only once - it has not been there since! Has anyone else noticed these in this level or any other?

I think you may actually be mistaking "vanished" for "destroyed".

Right before that room, there's a green slug guy. If you attack him at just the right angle, he'll fly through the door and smash some of the boxes for you. Watch your time during your next run, and see if it freezes after attacking the slime guy. If it does, and the box isn't there, you'll know it was destroyed and you gained the 3 seconds.

This is actually a point where it's required that you pull off this trick, especially if you want to get a Platinum time. I'll copy/paste my notes from my own video attempt:

"One final point of note is actually vital for achieving Platinum, and quite finicky to pull off. At roughly the halfway mark, you'll encounter a scientist throwing purple flasks at you. You MUST hit this fellow dead on, so he flies backwards through the door. Though you can't see it in the video, the room behind him has a switch in it that's covered in TNT. Without sending the scientist crashing into it, you would have to trigger the boxes, and wait 3 seconds for them to detonate. Time we obviously don't have. Making him blow them up for you is the only way to get through that section in time."

Hope that helps!

5 hours ago, Project_Xii said:

I think you may actually be mistaking "vanished" for "destroyed".

Right before that room, there's a green slug guy. If you attack him at just the right angle, he'll fly through the door and smash some of the boxes for you. Watch your time during your next run, and see if it freezes after attacking the slime guy. If it does, and the box isn't there, you'll know it was destroyed and you gained the 3 seconds.

This is actually a point where it's required that you pull off this trick, especially if you want to get a Platinum time. I'll copy/paste my notes from my own video attempt:

"One final point of note is actually vital for achieving Platinum, and quite finicky to pull off. At roughly the halfway mark, you'll encounter a scientist throwing purple flasks at you. You MUST hit this fellow dead on, so he flies backwards through the door. Though you can't see it in the video, the room behind him has a switch in it that's covered in TNT. Without sending the scientist crashing into it, you would have to trigger the boxes, and wait 3 seconds for them to detonate. Time we obviously don't have. Making him blow them up for you is the only way to get through that section in time."

Hope that helps!

I'm pretty sure you are moving left to right until you reach that platform and there is no way you can spin an enemy into the crates, I'll have to play again and check though. Also, when you set off the TNT crates you don't need to wait. Once you've triggered them the timer will stop when it blows so just jump on and off and keep going. Spinning the enemy into is also a good strat though ?

Edited by Hogie838

2 hours ago, Hogie838 said:

I'm pretty sure you are moving left to right until you reach that platform and there is no way you can spin an enemy into the crates, I'll have to play again and check though. Also, when you set off the TNT crates you don't need to wait. Once you've triggered them the timer will stop when it blows so just jump on and off and keep going. Spinning the enemy into is also a good strat though 1f604.png

This particular switch is COVERED in TNT, and also controls the door ahead of you. As in there is no way to access the switch without setting off the TNT; if you spin anywhere near it, you're dead. So you have to activate the TNT and wait, cause you can't go anywhere until the door is open. The scientist bypasses that need.

And as for the crate/slime guy: if you watch my video, you'll actually see the exact same thing happens to me. When I get to the point you screen shotted, there's no 3 second box. That's cause I hit the slime guy dead front as I was coming up to the door. It's a real bugger of a level, mainly due to trying to get the perfect flow going, but it can be done. :)

Edited by Project_Xii

17 minutes ago, Project_Xii said:

This particular switch is COVERED in TNT, and also controls the door ahead of you. As in there is no way to access the switch without setting off the TNT; if you spin anywhere near it, you're dead. So you have to activate the TNT and wait, cause you can't go anywhere until the door is open. The scientist bypasses that need.

And as for the crate/slime guy: if you watch my video, you'll actually see the exact same thing happens to me. When I get to the point you screen shotted, there's no 3 second box. That's cause I hit the slime guy dead front as I was coming up to the door. It's a real bugger of a level, mainly due to trying to get the perfect flow going, but it can be done. :)

Yeah you are dead right, don't know what I was thinking because it's a straight run all the way ? So I must have hit them with the slime guy and restarted the trial each time for nothing. What a NOOB!! Lol. If I had realised about knocking the scientist into the crates I could have got this level completed much quicker. One day I will learn...

• Like 1