Run like the wind

We all know that plat is currenlty unobtainable, but i'm curious how are people getting this trophy? Cause there are many obtainers since april and we can't assume that they are all cheaters so there must be a way aroud the trophy. Can someone who obtained it post a solution? Or is it the NPC car stealing method which i heard isn't working also?

3 minutes ago, harrypotter1997 said:

We all know that plat is currenlty unobtainable, but i'm curious how are people getting this trophy? Cause there are many obtainers since april and we can't assume that they are all cheaters so there must be a way aroud the trophy. Can someone who obtained it post a solution? Or is it the NPC car stealing method which i heard isn't working also?

I would assume some of these people had bounties on their heads before it was disabled and just haven't logged on in a long time

I believe this game is also frequently trophy hacked because it's hard to believe that 20,044 tracked users all have a 100% legit platinum for this game, since it takes a very long time to get the platinum now. I'm not someone who is going to police this game's leaderboards because I'm not jealous of trophies that I've already earned, but a good indicator of people who hacked the trophy would be to see if they had any online trophies previously before getting this one. Nobody has actually proven that the trophy can unlock with a bounty that was placed on you before the online had issues, but it's not necessarily a tough trophy to go for. There are plenty of still obtainable online trophies that are much longer to earn than this one. 

19 hours ago, harrypotter1997 said:

It is weird cause it seems that many people that got this trophy recently also got all the level trophies (25, 50, 100) in a couple seconds. Character transfer maybe?

There's no character transfer to bring a character over to PS3 and the character transfer feature from last gen to this gen was removed in March 2017. People tend to blame hackers who can rank them up within seconds, maybe the hackers can also bypass bounties and set them on people as well. 

This is the most recent statement from Rockstar about disabling bounties, back in May. 

"We are aware of a new method where cheaters are manipulating the Rank and in-game funds of other players on the previous generation consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360) and PC in GTA Online. We continue to test and deploy updates to remove exploits, and may temporarily disable some minor game features while we work on a resolution. Several fixes related to this cheat method are in place and players who have had their accounts affected should see corrections being made to their accounts. Please check back on this article for updates".

Basically modders on PC and previous gen were placing bounties of millions of dollars on players so they removed the option for players on all systems to set bounties on each other, at least temporarily. When a bounty is placed on a player by an NPC it does show up on screen as "unknown has placed a bounty on you" but going by a few posts on GTA specific forums and Rockstar's own forum the ban also applies to NPC's placing a bounty on the player too which leaves hacking as the only possibility. 

Obviously, I'm not saying the hacking was intentional. Due to the high level of modders and hackers present on GTA online the majority of hacked trophies were almost certainly popped without the players permission. As @harrypotter1997 said a lot of recent earners of this trophy also have the level trophies popping within seconds of each other which they'll probably be flagged for eventually so to those of you still playing I'd suggest playing with friends in private lobbies or creating boosting sessions to avoid modders popping trophies for you.

That would be really sad to be banned when you haven't even got a word to say in it if you want the trophy or not. Thankfully i don't have any trophies popped by hackers yet and i hope it will stay that way. We just have to wait for a fix from Rockstar. But i'll try to pop every other trophy before that.

I was asking random people via playstation messages which I saw earned the trophy in the site recently and all of them told me they were in a hacked lobby and the trophy popped together with a lot of modded cash. I don't think there is actually a legit way to get the trophy at the moment.

The GTA V plat is now unobtainable? I didn't know that. A few of my friends recently got the game and have been playing online a lot recently. They don't give a hoot about trophies but I did notice that they have unlocked Run like the Wind recently enough (on the 7th June 2017, 19th June 2017 and 20th June 2017). Meanwhile, another one of my friends plays with them all the time and hasn't obtained the trophy. I imagine the game just sets random bounties on people now.

EDIT

Actually come to think of it, has it not always been random NPC's that set bounties on people? I seem to remember that is how I got the trophy a few years back. I robbed a random car and the person set a bounty on my head.

Edited by Miles_Warren

15 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Actually come to think of it, has it not always been random NPC's that set bounties on people? I seem to remember that is how I got the trophy a few years back. I robbed a random car and the person set a bounty on my head.

That's how i got it on 2014.I crashed someone and he put a bounty on me.So i drove to the airport and i combined that trophy with a platinum award.I think it was driving for 30 minutes without crashing

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

The GTA V plat is now unobtainable? I didn't know that. A few of my friends recently got the game and have been playing online a lot recently. They don't give a hoot about trophies but I did notice that they have unlocked Run like the Wind recently enough (on the 7th June 2017, 19th June 2017 and 20th June 2017). Meanwhile, another one of my friends plays with them all the time and hasn't obtained the trophy. I imagine the game just sets random bounties on people now.

EDIT

People said NPC bounties have been disable by Rockstar as well. I've been roaming the game for a lot of time stealing cars and I haven't been able to get a bounty on my head yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

That's how i got it on 2014.I crashed someone and he put a bounty on me.So i drove to the airport and i combined that trophy with a platinum award.I think it was driving for 30 minutes without crashing

I tried that method before. There was always some arsehole with a military helicopter that would come along and blow you to pieces. Seriously, every damn time. Eventually I had to get this platinum award by going into a private lobby LOL

2 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

People said NPC bounties have been disable by Rockstar as well. I've been roaming the game for a lot of time stealing cars and I haven't been able to get a bounty on my head yet.

Really? I wonder how my friends unlocked it then. I could ask them when I see them. As I said, they don't care about trophies so they probably don't even realise what they are unlocking...

5 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

I tried that method before. There was always some arsehole with a military helicopter that would come along and blow you to pieces. Seriously, every damn time. Eventually I had to get this platinum award by going into a private lobby LOL

Really? I wonder how my friends unlocked it then. I could ask them when I see them. As I said, they don't care about trophies so they probably don't even realise what they are unlocking...

That would be helpful. Hopefully they remember how they earned the trophy. Please send me a PM or reply here if you hear something from them.

5 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

That would be helpful. Hopefully they remember how they earned the trophy. Please send me a PM or reply here if you hear something from them.

Will do :)

Quick question, does this also affect the PS4 version of the game? I just seen this thread is for the PS3 version of GTA (whoops).

I had a bounty set on my online character a few months back by "Unknown" but I died as didn't realise was a trophy. Will try this again soon and see what happens. 

I hope the Platinum is not unobtainable as even though not one of my targets at the moment, I may want this in the future. 

11 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Will do :)

Quick question, does this also affect the PS4 version of the game? I just seen this thread is for the PS3 version of GTA (whoops).

Old gen consoles/PC

"We are aware of a new method where cheaters are manipulating the Rank and in-game funds of other players on the previous generation consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360) and PC in GTA Online. We continue to test and deploy updates to remove exploits, and may temporarily disable some minor game features while we work on a resolution. Several fixes related to this cheat method are in place and players who have had their accounts affected should see corrections being made to their accounts. Please check back on this article for updates".

16 hours ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

This is the most recent statement from Rockstar about disabling bounties, back in May. 

Basically modders on PC and previous gen were placing bounties of millions of dollars on players so they removed the option for players on all systems to set bounties on each other, at least temporarily. When a bounty is placed on a player by an NPC it does show up on screen as "unknown has placed a bounty on you" but going by a few posts on GTA specific forums and Rockstar's own forum the ban also applies to NPC's placing a bounty on the player too which leaves hacking as the only possibility. 

Obviously, I'm not saying the hacking was intentional. Due to the high level of modders and hackers present on GTA online the majority of hacked trophies were almost certainly popped without the players permission. As @harrypotter1997 said a lot of recent earners of this trophy also have the level trophies popping within seconds of each other which they'll probably be flagged for eventually so to those of you still playing I'd suggest playing with friends in private lobbies or creating boosting sessions to avoid modders popping trophies for you.

What happens with the players that receive the ranking Trophy or Run Like The Wind Trophy? Does Rockstar ban them or the cheaters only? I hope anyone knows. 

I'm in doubt about joining public servers in this game by these hackers. The rank 100 Trophy is the last one I need, besides the Heist related ones. 

Edited by ConAir
Added current Trophy information

5 hours ago, ConAir said:

What happens with the players that receive the ranking Trophy or Run Like The Wind Trophy? Does Rockstar ban them or the cheaters only? I hope anyone knows. 

If hackers unlock something for you, or level you up, drop money on you ect, Rockstar advise going onto their official support forum and reporting it, preferably with photographic or video evidence. They'll then reset your account to the way it was before you were levelled up or given money though I've heard stories about them completely resetting players accounts which would suck if you were a high level. Whoever hacked the game should be banned but hackers seem to know Rockstar's game better than Rockstar themselves so they'll undoubtedly find a way back in. 

Rockstar can't do anything about trophies popping though if that were to happen but it's still reversible if you follow the instructions in this thread. Seems like a lot of work so hopefully you won't need it! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

If hackers unlock something for you, or level you up, drop money on you ect, Rockstar advise going onto their official support forum and reporting it, preferably with photographic or video evidence. They'll then reset your account to the way it was before you were levelled up or given money though I've heard stories about them completely resetting players accounts which would suck if you were a high level. Whoever hacked the game should be banned but hackers seem to know Rockstar's game better than Rockstar themselves so they'll undoubtedly find a way back in. 

Rockstar can't do anything about trophies popping though if that were to happen but it's still reversible if you follow the instructions in this thread. Seems like a lot of work so hopefully you won't need it! 

Also if you spend any of the modded money, they'll deduct the difference from your legit money

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...