Run like the wind

Hmmm, theoretically, if I ever happen to obtain rank 100 on my own in solo sessions and Run Like the Wind is the only trophy before the Platinum, am I safe if I'll be trying to get it legit by stealing NPC vehicles in public (with another online character maybe, if I need to be of a certain level) and then something happens and I get that bloody trophy, and I won't be able to tell if it was legit with the other trophies already obtained properly? Won't be enough to get flagged, right? After all, my console is not hacked and I'm not looking for a hacked lobby on purpose or asking for a modder's help (gee, that would be dumb) + it's just a R*'s screw-up and I don't want to give up the game just because some trophy is a Schrödinger's cat.

39 minutes ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

Hmmm, theoretically, if I ever happen to obtain rank 100 on my own in solo sessions and Run Like the Wind is the only trophy before the Platinum, am I safe if I'll be trying to get it legit by stealing NPC vehicles in public (with another online character maybe, if I need to be of a certain level) and then something happens and I get that bloody trophy, and I won't be able to tell if it was legit with the other trophies already obtained properly? Won't be enough to get flagged, right? After all, my console is not hacked and I'm not looking for a hacked lobby on purpose or asking for a modder's help (gee, that would be dumb) + it's just a R*'s screw-up and I don't want to give up the game just because some trophy is a Schrödinger's cat.

You can't get bounties even from npcs anymore, the feature is completely locked aside from hackers using it

• Like 2

It has been mentioned that during Blow Up II mission a bounty periodically occurs.

Without being a code writer employee of R* I don't think anyone actually knows R*'s code/game mechanics and then, could they be 100% certain a bounty cannot spontaneously occur?

I would suggest that a case by case review is warranted in this game. Sans any other suspicious activity the Run Like the Wind trophy should be allowed. Roughly 100 people have attained it subsequent to it's "removal". Such an abundance of players cannot hack a trophy on their own. 

I think the root of my argument would be do not punish a person who has made no direct violation of game mechanics.

Trophy criteria occurs during game play; a player than performs the actions related to obtain the trophy. Run like the wind is arguably harder to obtain than a typical boost where 10 players run to the center of a map and stand still while a player proceeds to perform 10 headshots; knife kills; grenade kills...  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pdan3783 said:

It has been mentioned that during Blow Up II mission a bounty periodically occurs.

Without being a code writer employee of R* I don't think anyone actually knows R*'s code/game mechanics and then, could they be 100% certain a bounty cannot spontaneously occur?

I would suggest that a case by case review is warranted in this game. Sans any other suspicious activity the Run Like the Wind trophy should be allowed. Roughly 100 people have attained it subsequent to it's "removal". Such an abundance of players cannot hack a trophy on their own. 

I think the root of my argument would be do not punish a person who has made no direct violation of game mechanics.

Trophy criteria occurs during game play; a player than performs the actions related to obtain the trophy. Run like the wind is arguably harder to obtain than a typical boost where 10 players run to the center of a map and stand still while a player proceeds to perform 10 headshots; knife kills; grenade kills...  

I assume you didn't saw this post at ps3t.org, right?

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6081187-post81.html

Anyway, as it stands, there's no way to get it without "help" from a modder, and I start to assume that R* will never address this at all.. that's why I will not continue GTA5 (maybe will get the offline done, but not even sure of that, and if I think in trying to get any online trophies I for sure will not go online public at all).

2 months ago my friend made this video to try prove her innocence on my country trophy Leaderboard, but admin refused this, and he is banned because the admin of a website can't make the same he did.
In this video he back to play after a long time and when he got in a solo player session an unknown puts a bounty on the head like when this shit working and this happened all time.
In my opinion, this happened because he stopped playing when this still working and already had a bounty on his head and when he come back the game merely put the bounty back.
What you guys think happened in this case?
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhx9rH1VCY

16 minutes ago, LZenon said:

2 months ago my friend made this video to try prove her innocence on my country trophy Leaderboard, but admin refused this, and he is banned because the admin of a website can't make the same he did.
In this video he back to play after a long time and when he got in a solo player session an unknown puts a bounty on the head like when this shit working and this happened all time.
In my opinion, this happened because he stopped playing when this still working and already had a bounty on his head and when he come back the game merely put the bounty back.
What you guys think happened in this case?
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhx9rH1VCY

This is actually possible and might be legit...the last trophy for this person in gta online was earned on Christmas, 2016...it's possible the bounty was placed on their head and they didn't play online again till August, 2017...the bounty would carry over and if they survived the 48 minutes it would ding...their list suggests this was in fact the case... 

i think it became unobtainable in April 2017, so anyone who started the online before then could have had a bounty on their head that could carry over as long as it was one of the first trophies they unlocked after their break...of course they could earn other online trophies during the 48 minutes of escaping the bounty but run like the wind should be one of the first upon playing again...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, LZenon said:

This is legit to me and I am sad for him because he is banned, he takes the serious trophy and that makes him stop playing games.
Unfortunately is hard to try dispute with admin on this website of my country and he gives up

and I thought flagging people for this kind of thing was stupid...banned for being hacked also quite silly imo...but banned for potentially nothing is a whole other story...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

This is actually possible and might be legit...the last trophy for this person in gta online was earned on Christmas, 2016...it's possible the bounty was placed on their head and they didn't play online again till August, 2017...the bounty would carry over and if they survived the 48 minutes it would ding...their list suggests this was in fact the case... 

i think it became unobtainable in April 2017, so anyone who started the online before then could have had a bounty on their head that could carry over as long as it was one of the first trophies they unlocked after their break...of course they could earn other online trophies during the 48 minutes of escaping the bounty but run like the wind should be one of the first upon playing again...

This is correct. The last online trophy was earned on december 2016 then he earned "Run like The wind" as his first online trophy in august 2017 so he might have earned the trophy legit. 

• 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, maxstirner_2015 said:

Checking Rockstar's site would be great. Really.

Why would I do that when there are tons of helpful people on this wonderful site ?

23 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Still not possible on last gen. Unlocks just fine on ps4

Cheers thanks for that ?

• 4 months later...