A prefect way to relax.

Wade_VC

I personally think Flower is one of the most innovative and unique games out there. This game goes to show that at many times simplicity is still the best way to go.

I find Flower a great game that, when combined with the awesome graphics and tranquil sound-track, one can find themselves fully immersed and mesmerized within minutes. A great "in between" game, or simply a fun way to unwind...Flower won't disappoint in the least.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I saw the trailer few days ago, but I couldn't understand what's the game main focus.

Can anyone explain it to me?

In Flower, you simply control a petal in the wind. You touch other flowers to make them bloom and a petal from that flower will add to your chain... you'll end up with a long trail. Touching certain groups of flowers will cause things to happen, a path to open, the land go from grey to green etc. There's an underlying theme of nature vs technology, but you really don't need to think about story. Just sit back, relax and enjoy. I love Flower. It was my 2009 Downloadable Game of the Year.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Having completed I will never play this again. I play many games for hundreds hours; finish them and enjoy replaying. This one is in the trash. 

You sound like a real pleasant person to be around. Thanks.

I came here to make a comment about H2G2, specifically about Ford and a reference to the title of the thread, then I realized pdan3783 resurrected a nearly 2 year old thread with such a downer comment. Took the humor right out of me.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Yeah, it seems like a perfect way, until you try to get the "Pure" trophy.  :)

I think it's bugged too, no damage taken, still no trophy. Have to do it in the certain way. Funny to try to guess what way it is, or is it based solely on luck, while trying to avoid electric shocks and to do it all over again.

But awesome game, other than that. Almost as good as Journey. No multiplayer features whatsoever.

• Like 1

Ok, I finally managed to get it after numerous "successful" attempts. I'll try to recollect what I did this time, if it helps anyone with the same problem. Im not sure.

First area (with 1 tower that you can activate, and turn the following "gate" white): I collected some flowers to improve my tail, and activated the tower. Then i flew carefully through the upper "hole", and there was no black stuff flying around (this usually happened with the lower hole, not sure if matters).

Second area (with 3 big activable towers): Again I collected some flowers that hit my way, but not many. I took some blue and red flowers, but not many. And whites too. Then I activated all the towers. Before you head to the next area, be sure that your tail is decent enough for flying. But you don't need to collect many flowers for that.

Third area: Fly over the collapsed gate. No problems here. Then, move carefully through the maze. You don't need to collect all the blue flowers. I took 1, and it was enough for the trophy. Stop before the white flowertail, which leads to the collapsing area.

Final area: Collect the white flowers. Move very slowly towards the first coloured flower. After you hit it, acceleration takes you, you don't press any buttons anymore. Move very quickly to the left, and upwards too. Stay left. Move your controller around a bit while staying in the upper left. This may be important! In the halfway area without collapsing stuff, make quick movements to the center of the area. This might be important. But you don't need to collect any flowers anymore. Be sure to move back to the upper left area before the collapsing starts again. If you get "stuck" at some point, just move your controller around like you do anyway. You will get "stuck" in the very end too. Just move to the center (no collapsing happens anymore), move around and press any button to fly to the exit. Before I pressed start, I waited for like 30-40 seconds. And kept moving my contoller around the whole time. Press start, keep moving your contoller a bit. It saves, trophy came short afterward.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

This game is not relaxing. On the contrary, it’ś toilsome. Very.
I understand this game targets little girls who like picking flowers, BUT if one was to pick ALL of them (every, single, oneeeee… -_-) from a meadow it’d be considered vandalism lol…
To sum up: mother nature is taking revenge on metal and attempt to liberate a post-apocaliptic city from the clutches of metal junk. After the liberation lawn covers everything (streets, alleys, pavements etc.) and light is brought back to the city and suddenly happy people in cars pop up.
Normally I never exerpience headaches during playing games, especially not first person games with rapid movements and frequent changes (like most kids playing games complaining they are having motion sickness), no, it’s those swirling petals 24/7 that makes your head swollen. No wonder game authors recommend taking a healthy approach and make 10 minute breaks. I’d say two  levels per day at most.
I remember I wanted to say more, but I forgot what I wanted to say :P
Did I say it’s toilsome?

• 4 months later...
On 02/07/2019 at 1:30 AM, Asmund said:

Agreed, until I went after Pure....now I hate this game, sixaxis sucks.

Exactly why I find it anything but relaxing and enjoyable. The controls are just so difficult to manage, and so frustrating! I enjoy meditation and to begin with, I'd hoped this game would be a sort of active meditation. Sadly, it's the opposite, for me at least.

Any tips for that, anybody, please? 

1 hour ago, Xaedere said:

Exactly why I find it anything but relaxing and enjoyable. The controls are just so difficult to manage, and so frustrating! I enjoy meditation and to begin with, I'd hoped this game would be a sort of active meditation. Sadly, it's the opposite, for me at least.

Any tips for that, anybody, please? 

this trophy is absolutely terrible on Vita, I got it ? in two versions minus Vita.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2022 at 9:07 PM, kevao97 said:

this trophy is absolutely terrible on Vita, I got it 1f4af.png in two versions minus Vita.

I was talking about the PS3 version, but that's not really a surprise. 

• 4 months later...

I can't tell if it's the game that has the motion controls poorly implemented or if the motion controls in the controller were badly designed in the first place but this game is so hard to control. Even on the main menu, I'm finding it impossible to get to levels because the controls don't want to let me. I can't even start the credits, the game will just decide it wants to settle on a particular level and once it settles there you can't back out of it without restarting the game.