Hot Coco and Eggipus Rex

A question about these... is there a way to find out what you've done in these levels without going into the levels themselves? As in, not sure where to go for Hot Coco other than having to hit the alien sign again to head straight into the level.  Same with Eggipus Rex (even though I have not gotten the Yellow Gem yet, need another 5 relics right now).

No, it's not possible. Write it down on a piece of paper or try to remember it. You can only access Eggipus Rex from the gem path in Dino Might when you're near the second pterodactyl, and you can only access Hot Coco by hitting the alien sign in Road Crash. You can't see any progress-so-far anywhere.

Another way to go through it would be to count the gems and relics from each of the 25 levels in the Medieval, Arabian, Oriental, Egyptian and Futuristic warp rooms (and secret floor) and thus rule out what you've acquired from the thirty-first and thirty-second levels of the game. I would just write everything down a piece of paper or in a Word document.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gameoncomrade said:

No, it's not possible. Write it down on a piece of paper or try to remember it. You can only access Eggipus Rex from the gem path in Dino Might when you're near the second pterodactyl, and you can only access Hot Coco by hitting the alien sign in Road Crash. You can't see any progress-so-far anywhere.

Another way to go through it would be to count the gems and relics from each of the 25 levels in the Medieval, Arabian, Oriental, Egyptian and Futuristic warp rooms (and secret floor) and thus rule out what you've acquired from the thirty-first and thirty-second levels of the game. I would just write everything down a piece of paper or in a Word document.

Ah thanks, that's what I was wondering.  I know I have the gem from Hot Coco, nothing from the other... as I don't have the Yellow Gem, that is a work in progress.  But at least I know that I can get the time for Hot Coco, hopefully gold.

By the way, I'll ask here, getting gold in Hot Coco, is that an easy task? As in, head for the nitro switch crate, then back for the exit?

And I know in the other there aren't any crates, so I assume you just have to book it to the end.

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

By the way, I'll ask here, getting gold in Hot Coco, is that an easy task? As in, head for the nitro switch crate, then back for the exit?

Not exactly an easy task with the crates. I believe there are 70 crates, and it's tough, believe me. Have patience is my advice. It's very easy to get the platinum relic for this level as you have between 8 and 9 minutes to get back to the start of the level. Good luck with the crates - you will need it. :awesome:

13 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah thanks, that's what I was wondering.  I know I have the gem from Hot Coco, nothing from the other... as I don't have the Yellow Gem, that is a work in progress.  But at least I know that I can get the time for Hot Coco, hopefully gold.

And I know in the other there aren't any crates, so I assume you just have to book it to the end.

Hot Coco is by far the hardest time trial in the game. That's my opinion anyway. Even though you know a good route, you're balancing on a knife edge when you navigating around those bombs. It's not impossible though, but be ready for a step up in difficulty for this one! Good luck?

Edited by Fugl7

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Oh no you guys, was talking about the relic, I already have the clear box gem for Hot Coco, which wasn't too bad to get... did loose some lives, but not many lives :D

Yeah, was talking about the relic run. It's not as easy to just go for the nitrous button and back if that's your question?

Just now, Fugl7 said:

Yeah, was talking about the relic run. It's not as easy to just go for the nitrous button and back if that's your question?

Ah, yeah, that's what I was meaning, I mean I will try it again later on for sure, since I assume Hot Coco and Eggipus Rex count towards the 30 total relics... right?

2 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, yeah, that's what I was meaning, I mean I will try it again later on for sure, since I assume Hot Coco and Eggipus Rex count towards the 30 total relics... right?

Yeah, they do... Eggipus Rex isn't that hard though?

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yes. Level 27 and 29 does not have a relic as it's just a second entrance to the original levels Hang' Em High (Level 7, Second Warp Room) and Future Frenzy (Level 19, Fourth Warp Room). So, the original 25 plus the five hidden ones = 30, but since two of these levels doesn't have any relics we're down to 28. Luckily (or not), there are two more relics in the aforementioned levels that can be acquired, that'll be the Hot Coco and Eggipus Rex levels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gameoncomrade said:

Yes. Level 27 and 29 does not have a relic as it's just a second entrance to the original levels Hang' Em High (Level 7, Second Warp Room) and Future Frenzy (Level 19, Fourth Warp Room). So, the original 25 plus the five hidden ones = 30, but since two of these levels doesn't have any relics we're down to 28. Luckily (or not), there are two more relics in the aforementioned levels that can be acquired, that'll be the Hot Coco and Eggipus Rex levels.

Ah, thanks for that info, I knew about Future Frenzy and Hang 'Em High (the latter especially for the Yellow Gem).  But regardless, thanks for explaining the others to me.  And I know that you essentially have to get all the gems and crystals, defeat Cortex again... just to have Fake Crash appear x.x

I'll get these two levels relics done eventually (especially for Eggipus Rex), just getting relics in general is annoying x.x

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...