Dying, but Still Earning Gems on Levels...

UnhallowedBlood

To get the Gems, you are supposed to break all boxes in a level and complete it without dying. However, there were a handful of levels where I died a time or two during my run, but still got the Gem at the end. These also seemed to be some of the hardest levels in the game, so they may have adjusted this on purpose.

These levels were:

Hog Wild

Whole Hog

Sunset Vista

The High Road

Fumbling in the Dark

If anyone else dies on these levels and still gets the Gems for them, please post it so there are multiple people to confirm it.

Do you know if your deaths were before you hit the first checkpoint boxes in the levels? I know for sure if you die before you hit a checkpoint, it just resets and doesn't count against you so that you don't have to exit and re-enter levels. 

Edit: Wait, none of those are even colored gem levels. You don't need to do no death runs for white gems, only colored ones. They changed it for the remake.

Edited by ImplyingYouCare

In the middle of posting, but this quote pretty much cleared it up for me I guess as I was a bit confused on it as well. Still don't think I'll ever plat the games but I'm glad to be playing this again. :D 

2 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

The only levels that require you to collect all the boxes with out dying are the coloured gems.

That means:

The Lost City - Green

Generator Room - Orange

Toxic Waste - Blue

Slippery Climb - Red

Lights Out - Purple

The Lab - Yellow

3 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

In the middle of posting, but this quote pretty much cleared it up for me I guess as I was a bit confused on it as well. Still don't think I'll ever plat the games but I'm glad to be playing this again. :D 

I'm glad to have helped haha :P

The platinum is going to be very hard (with the time trials mostly) but with practice, I'm sure you can do it! :) 

• Like 1

Color Gem levels you can also die in the bonus rounds and it doesn't count against you, so you can continually retry those if you die or just suicide before leaving them if you mess up and don't get all the boxes. 

12 minutes ago, Gage said:

Color Gem levels you can also die in the bonus rounds and it doesn't count against you, so you can continually retry those if you die or just suicide before leaving them if you mess up and don't get all the boxes. 

Which is good. Would be a nightmare if you had to do them without dying too.