what is the worst vita game? why?

Ninjaz_88

• 5 years later...

Vegas Party. Straight up $20 robbery. Whole game makes no sense whatsoever. The controls are completely broken. They try to make motion control a thing but it NEVER works properly. The game can barely be called a game and I'm still pissed off about buying it without seeing a review until 2 weeks after I got it.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy is definitely the worst thing I've played on the vita. I've played a decent amount of dungeon crawlers, and this is by far the worst one I've ever played. Everything about the gameplay is horrible. There's not a single redeeming thing about it that made me want to keep playing.

It has the worst menu system I've ever seen in any jrpg and I'm really not exaggerating. Everything about it is needlessly complex and poorly explained. Even the most basic things possible like the equipment screen or combat have awful UI. You'll end up going through multiple menus where nothing is organized and the menus that are connected make no organizational sense. All of the areas are either hideous brown rooms or red and blue primary colored nightmares that are stupidly easy to get lost in because it's all copy/paste. I've played other dungeon crawlers by this company and enjoyed them, but this one is just awful. 

Also, it's a remake. A remade game should not have archaic design problems and awful menus like this, that's why you remake a game in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, lord, there's so much dreck on the Vita that naming the absolute worst game is an exercise in futility. However, the worst I've played is 36 Fragments of Midnight . Why does this game perform so poorly? This game could have been on the SNES, for crying out loud! But on the Vita, it stutters like crazy, and were it not for the fact that it's about one hour of content, it would be unplayable.

Also, the weirdest one I've played is Dying: Reborn. It is significantly different from the PS4 version. The fish mask guy on the cover doesn't even show up in the game at all.

On 4/12/2018 at 11:42 AM, fastflowdaman said:

Used the search function and when something came up I continued the thread rather than create a new one. How commendable of me 1f60f.png

Back on PS(3)T.org, people would complain if you started a new thread when the topic existed, but mods would lock the thread if you resurrecting an old thread on a topic in which you were interested.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Edited by starcrunch061

Probably Project DIVA f and Neptune Re;Birth1 and 2.

Don't misunderstand, I love Project DIVA, but all the same I hated PS Vita's hard buttons, which made it way too hard to play (it will also wore out your buttons since the amount of buttons you need to press is huge).

About Neppu, I don't like the spammish combat from V, so Re;Birth1 and Re;Birth2 are more a downgrade for me, but they are not complete rubbish.

And idk, maybe Jak Trilogy? I just can't understand the game and die on both PS Vita and PS3, so maybe it's just me.

Edited by NaRayquaza

• 3 weeks later...

Energy Invasion, garbage game. How you mess up a brick attack game, I'll never understand. Performs like trash when there's barely anything going on. Super Stardust Delta doesn't have issues running, so what is this trash's excuse? Oh right it's just there to put low effort garbage out there for trophy hunters. I'm more careful about what I buy now thanks to it though. Have avoided a few bad games after looking into them first.

For me, I can't name an independant game or a little game here as the worst vita game. Don't misunderstood me, I don't excuse anything for independant games, but I'm more tolerant.

I prefer to look at AAA games which were bad. From what I played on Vita, the worst was "Worms Revolution Extreme".

A very bad port of the 360/PS3 version. Such laggy that the time is multiplied by 2

And the A.I... she does exactly 2 things :

1) Do a perfect thing like a missile launched and due to the wind, can bypass walls in a little hole and achieve to hit you.

2) think think think ... and choose to do nothing after 60 seconds (2 minutes in reality) although you are next to her....

Avoid this game on vita !!

• 2 months later...

Hyperdevotion Noire - Goddess Black Heart

Worst Neptunia game in my opinion and worst vita game I've played. It is slow, boring, and was a painful grind for the platinum. There are too many characters, non of the new ones are memorable, and lily grinding is a nightmare. It's a watered down Disgaea. I would never recommend this game to anyone unless they are a hard core Neptunia fan like myself and want to plat them all.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2018 at 3:29 AM, Just_Stalin said:

Hyperdevotion Noire - Goddess Black Heart

Worst Neptunia game in my opinion and worst vita game I've played. It is slow, boring, and was a painful grind for the platinum. There are too many characters, non of the new ones are memorable, and lily grinding is a nightmare. It's a watered down Disgaea. I would never recommend this game to anyone unless they are a hard core Neptunia fan like myself and want to plat them all.

Awww, why so hate? :/

The grinding was fun.

And Miku was cute :XD 

9 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Awww, why so hate? :/

The grinding was fun.

And Miku was cute :XD 

I didn't enjoy the game at all. It took me 3 months to plat it because it was so boring and repetitive. My opinion for the worst Neptunia spin-off might change once I play Producing Perfection.   

How come no one mentioned Forma.8 yet? Were it just another case of pseudo artistic Indie drek it wouldn've been bad enough already, but this one is a special piece garbage. The controls are like trying to thread a needle after downing a bottle of vodka, the boss battles take forever, assuming you manage to do it in one try, and trying to figure out the strategies required is another challenge on its own, the plot is pretty much non existant and the music is just plain bad too. If it weren't for that one video guide I would've never beaten the game, and even then I managed only to play fifteen minutes at once at most because it's so frustrating.

Edited by Isaac1364
grammar

I did not mind Forma.8 too much. But I did feel lost so often that I started following a video walkthrough quite early into the game already and that made it much better.

My worst Vita game is probably WRC 5 because it should have been a step up from WRC 4 but it was about 10 steps back.

F1 2011 was pretty horrible as well, because of the awful driving that felt nothing like an F1 car. It was still better than WRC 5 though.

Rugby 15 was terrible until I started pretending it was a made up game and not actually rugby.

So yeah there are some contenders but WRC 5 takes the title for me.