insanity with imported character

maniek515

Just finished my playthrough and got the Plat in a single run.

I didn't have many troubles after getting my hands on the Assault Rifle from the Collector Ship with my Soldier. Hardest mission for me was the first encounter with the collectors. The most difficult thing in the game for me was the Shadow Broker DLC and Arrival DLC but I had already finished the main game by this point so was able to lower the difficulty to get through them.

On to Mass Effect 3!

• 2 months later...

I must say this thread confused me a bit and even worried me before starting the game, as there are some conflicting viewpoints. I just got the platinum on the game in one single playthrough, with an imported soldier class from Mass Effect 1, so I want to make something very clear for anyone reading this :

YES, it is absolutely, 100% possible to get all the trophies in one playthrough with an imported character. Insanity can be a bit challenging at times, but the difficulty never felt crushing in any way. Please don't let the trophy guide intimidate you, as it makes a huge deal of the insanity difficulty and vastly overestimates it in my opinion (3 playthroughs and 70 hours, seriously wtf ?). If you have already completed ME1 on max difficulty, you should be completely fine.

As a soldier class, managing your ammo is something you must keep in mind at all times but again, it never was a huge problem. Just don't forget to look for and pick up ammo from your enemies and use your least favorite weapons at any opportunity, as your main assault rifle will deplete pretty fast.

• 3 weeks later...

I was actually worried as well when I read on so many sites that it would be difficult to play on insanity directly with an imported character. But I gave it a try (with regards to this thread), imported my level 50 character from ME1 and played as an infiltrator. I must say like the others before me, it is not that insane and I don't play a lot of shooter stuff. Yes, the first missions I died a bit more, but I think it was mostly because of me needing time to adapt to the gameplay (never played ME1 on an higher difficulty though, I used the glitch). And there are a few challenging spots (like Horizon with the Scions and the Husks) but even that I got on my fifth try. In the end I had more deaths because of my stupidity and/or greediness than I had because of the difficulty per se. Overall it was quite fun and in my opinion a fair difficulty.

In insanity cover is your best friend, I think thats the overall rule. If you are an infiltrator cloaking is your best friend number 2 ^^. Otherwise I concentrated to do the missions in an order with the best upgrade outcome for my infiltrator. I got stronger and every mission a bit easier. Almost never took Miranda, although she comes with good perks and can increase your survivability. I just did not like her.

What else to say, I did everything, including the DLC Missions on insanity, and got all of the trophies in one playthrough without giving me an overall hard time. And it is really nice getting the platinum with the credits rolling :)

So if anyone else is unsure about it and rather not want to do make multiple playthroughs like me - give it a try first and play a few missions. It is always possible to reduce the difficulty.