Good game?

I've been looking for really popular games to try and I've seen Diablo 3 has a large player base, but have never really looked into the game too much. I've never played any of the Diablo games. I have heard however, that the game has tons of problems and just isn't very good in general. I've thought about picking this up for $30 to give it a shot. So for someone who has never played Diablo, is this worth buying?

The problems you have heard are completely blown out of proportion. The original D3 had a ton of problems, which Reaper of Souls fixed or completely eliminated. The game is fantastic and a ton of fun, especially with partners to play with, and has a ton of content for your money.

• Like 2

I was never aware of any problems but I didn't get the game at launch.  I would even say it runs better than most of my other games.  I've got probably 100 hours in and can't think of a glitch. 

If you've never played a Diablo game than absolutely give this a shot.  You're constantly comparing loot and trying out new abilities.  After beating the campaign it's basically an endless grind where you can better and better for as long as you want. 

On 7/3/2017 at 0:39 PM, MnVikingsFan34 said:

I've been looking for really popular games to try and I've seen Diablo 3 has a large player base, but have never really looked into the game too much. I've never played any of the Diablo games. I have heard however, that the game has tons of problems and just isn't very good in general. I've thought about picking this up for $30 to give it a shot. So for someone who has never played Diablo, is this worth buying?

I was in the same frame of mind before buying Diablo 3. Had nothing to play so I decided to give it a shot as I got it cheap..................and.............within the first 10 minutes, after the intro:giggle:, this game had it's hooks in me.  Asking myself as I was playing "How did I sleep and almost let this game pass me". I was possessed by this game(pun intended). Trust me when I say it's a must buy. Got the plat 2 weeks later. Whether or not you into RPG's it don't matter. Just do a little bit of research on how weapons different levels work. 

Only thing that pissed me off was those dam treasure goblins trophy, but that's nothing major.

Don't, and I repeat, DON"T LET THIS GAME PASS YOU. :devil:

Edited by DF007gamer

When Diablo III first came out, it was a mistake. But you gotta give Blizzard credit; they removed the real money auction house and made a whole series of other fixes and additions. Not many developers would remove the monetization from a big, costly project the way Blizzard did. The normal thing would have been to let it fail, squeezing every cent out of it on its way down. Instead, they remodeled it into something really fun and worthwhile. Coming from someone who loved Diablo II on PC, it is a worthy game.

Edited by rdhight

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2017 at 3:27 AM, Trellgoth said:

I see a lot "if you have a friend to play with"...

Just play Hardcore, up the difficulty when you can, and even solo it's fun.

I never played softcore, and platinumed the game multiple times (multiple accounts).

Agreed. I play this game solo most of the time, with some co-op with my wife. Getting a character to survive and thrive in the Torment difficulties is fun in and of itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I know I am a little late to the party but for any future readers. Yes! This game is definitely worth getting. I absolutely love this game. The story is amazing and the overall feel of the game is spot on. This game is fun solo, online, and couch co-op. I really enjoy playing through the game multiple times. In fact, I beat this game and got the platinum. I talked a friend of my into playing it and helped him get the platinum just so I could enjoy it again. I need to dust it off and play it some more. It's an easy platinum as well. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...