Padding Platinums with 1000 Top Rated, Mayo....

Lames. Why would you want this stain tied to your profile? Don't give me no crap about who cares and people play for the experience, blah, blah, blah. No. 

To anyone who got this they clearly got it for a almost free platinum to pad their trophies with otherwise no one would have got it for any other reason considering that "experience" people like to justify this garbage with is non existent. I could get the same experience doing a crossword puzzle in my newspaper. 

Justify it all you want you ain't fooling anyone. You cared enough to get it so you clearly care enough to want platinum trophies so just admit it, quit justifying when called out on this shame, and one last one.......... GIT GUD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit 
  • Like 3

Indy developers have quickly figured out the best way to sell "games" is easy trophy lists. I agree with you, I wouldn't put that stuff on my profile. Except Mr. Massagy. Because a date simulator game is appealing to me and I quite enjoyed the humor.

For the sake of qualification I have trophies from neither of those games nor do I even own them.  That being said while I can fully understand your view that these games may be nothing but trophy spam, others may actually enjoy the games for their own merit with the bevy of trophies being nothing but a bonus.  Different games are going to appeal to different people, some may enjoy the mind numbing difficulty of a FromSoftware "Soulsborne" game some may prefer the more laid back relaxation of something like Submerged.  There's always going to be a looked down upon trophy for some reason or another, if it wasn't those games it would just be something else there's really no point is letting other players trophy lists get on your nerves.

Edited by Seabound117
spelling correction
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

.....but there is no need for the hate. Just let people have their free ice cream, who cares?

When you're passionate about something, this kinda crap becomes annoying due to several reasons. One, its annoying that people who supposedly don't care about trophies feel the need to support this. 2 its bad on the developers part for feeding into it.

2 minutes ago, jasondm300 said:

Honest question:  What about the people who pad their profile with multiple versions of Telltale games? or Japanese VN's that they just skip all the dialogue? 

Those are games with actual meaningful content. If they skip it then it's pretty shitty, but if they read it all again when they stack I don't see a problem.

Just now, madbuk said:

Those are games with actual meaningful content. If they skip it then it's pretty shitty, but if they read it all again when they stack I don't see a problem.

I am one who doesn't care.  If you want to play a game multiple time, I am totally cool with that.  I don't judge.  The question was more toward the TC.  I'll admit, I bought My name is Mayo for the trophies.  I did get a couple of laughs, so for $.98, I was happy.  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:
Lames. Why would you want this stain tied to your profile? Don't give me no crap about who cares and people play for the experience, blah, blah, blah. No. 

To anyone who got this they clearly got it for a almost free platinum to pad their trophies with otherwise no one would have got it for any other reason considering that "experience" people like to justify this garbage with is non existent. I could get the same experience doing a crossword puzzle in my newspaper. 

Justify it all you want you ain't fooling anyone. You cared enough to get it so you clearly care enough to want platinum trophies so just admit it, quit justifying when called out on this shame, and one last one.......... GIT GUD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit 

I have no shame in having them now. I did them to see how easy they really were and I wasn't disappointed. I have platinum trophies that I've worked hard for and those are the ones that matter to me. 

• Like 2

I am not afraid to admit I bought it solely to get the platinum. I mean c'mon, my non trophy hunting friends still look at my profile and go "wow, how do you have so many platinum's! I will catch you one day." Little do they know, while they sit and try to platinum Destiny it takes me 1 day to rack up about 3 if you get the right games. If you only cared what other people thought about you all the time then I would want to know why.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, johnclark12 said:

I am not afraid to admit I bought it solely to get the platinum. I mean c'mon, my non trophy hunting friends still look at my profile and go "wow, how do you have so many platinum's! I will catch you one day." Little do they know, while they sit and try to platinum Destiny it takes me 1 day to rack up about 3 if you get the right games. If you only cared what other people thought about you all the time then I would want to know why.

This I can respect. No shame, just fully honest. Thank you. 

Proving that there is no need to try to justify it because everyone already knows. You're preaching to the choir otherwise..   

1 minute ago, GlennRhee said:

What other people are playing should be of no concern to you, because it doesn't affect your profile.

Thanks for the input. And since you don't care either way why bother reading the thread? Oh, so you could be on your high horse and put me in my place? Ok.....

I personally don't care what people play. It is their Profile with their money and their time. I have My name is mayo on my profile and other equally easy games but I also have some very hard games I have platted. I don't feel guilty about it either. Some times time doesn't allow me to sink a bunch of time and effort into some games so I opt for shorter easier games.

When I start back to college at the end of next month my time will be reduced once again.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

Most people just use the save exploit since you can back-up mid game.

Lol!!! Dude backing up a save file requires more work than platinuming Top Rated or Mayo and the like! 

Should there be a platinum for backing up a save too now?

1 minute ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Lol!!! Dude backing up a save file requires more work than platinuming Top Rated or Mayo and the like! 

So you're telling me that backing up a save requires work, then you go on to ask me if backing up a save should have its own platinum? Sounds like that's what's you're asking for lol.

1 minute ago, Bullstomp said:

Wow, shows what I know, I had no idea. I would never do that but I imagine I am in the vast minority . . .

It does make it significantly easier. I don't understand why the devs thought it would be a good idea to save mid game /:

I may have My Name Is Mayo in my list of Platinums. Twice! But look at my other Platinums, I have a fear among of difficult ones. It's not like I always choose the easy ones. I have other games, either easy or hard that aren't Platinum'd yet. I'm always up for challenges. I don't care a bit of what I have on my collection as long as I enjoy playing.

Yes I got Mayo not only for the price and the easy Plat, but also the nonsense this offers. After my second playthrough with the Vita version and I was writing the trophy guide present on this website... I reconsidered the value for its really cheap price. Even though this game was non-sense, it actually tries to tell a story, it even gave me a laugh at some point. The music was cheesy. So yeah, this was a game that stands out from the conventional games (aside the easy Platinum). I know, you can call me "crazy" for saying that. Yeah, I feel absolutely no shame for what I just said.

15 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Wow. This makes no sense.

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

So you're telling me that backing up a save requires work, then you go on to ask me if backing up a save should have its own platinum? Sounds like that's what's you're asking for lol.

Yup. It would be less shameful and harder earned than Top Rated, Mayo

9 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Yup. It would be less shameful and harder earned than Top Rated, Mayo

That's a pure laughable statement. Backing up save isn't even a game LOL. This quote just made these Top Rated and Mayo as games! :awesome: 

Oh I forgot, there were games anyway, regardless of who made it and why do they exist.

Edited by Maxie Mouse

49 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

When you're passionate about something, this kinda crap becomes annoying due to several reasons. One, its annoying that people who supposedly don't care about trophies feel the need to support this. 2 its bad on the developers part for feeding into it.

Hey, I wish they'd take these off pan too, but I'm not going to knock someone down for taking the free plat. If you don't like it, don't pay for it. End of story.

This goes back to my  original analogy. Let people enjoy their free ice cream. If you don't want any, don't take it. 

• Like 2