(revival) "What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

Now you can go do games with 6 months instead of 12 I can add return to arkham city to my working on list. Got the plat on the japan version of asylum today so I might aswell be going for a full batman set, well except for the vr game. May get that if psvr is still a thing next year. 

I'm off on holiday tomorrow so I will be adding a couple vita games to my list to play while I'm away, can't be going a week without any trophies ?

Batman return to arkham-arkham city  (first trophy 10th December 2016)

1 hour ago, wolverine123 said:

Now you can go do games with 6 months instead of 12 I can add return to arkham city to my working on list. Got the plat on the japan version of asylum today so I might aswell be going for a full batman set, well except for the vr game. May get that if psvr is still a thing next year. 

I'm off on holiday tomorrow so I will be adding a couple vita games to my list to play while I'm away, can't be going a week without any trophies ?

Batman return to arkham-arkham city  (first trophy 10th December 2016)

Batman Arkham VR is great its just incredibly short. I'd only recommend PSVR if you have enough disposable income, I have one but only play it every so often.

All right. I have now platted Remember Me. I'm not going to lie - I really disliked this game. Between the lousy combat, the terrible camera, and some crashes (one hard crash), added to sorry characterization (even of Lilin!), unskippable cutscenes, and checkpoints that popped prior to unskippable cutscenes, this game was a real bust back in 2014, when I started it, and continues to be a bust today. But oh well - at least it's cleared off the hopper. 

What's next? I don't know - maybe Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time?

Finally earned 100% in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Breach mode was a complete slog to get through, I cant believe after all the negative feedback the game got for its inclusion they decided to continue to produce 2 DLCs for it. I'm hoping that the next game doesn't have anything remotely like Breach in it, because I never want to play anything like that again. Other than that, I loved the game for the most part. It sucks it was cut short as it feels like only half the story with only a single boss battle and the 3 DLC stories being spliced out of the game when the it's already too short. Anyway, here's the update:

LeetWolf2 :platinum: (Joined in April, games removed from backlog: 6 - last game played through in July)
Games played through during event

July:

-  Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (1st Trophy (23/09/16), 100% (13/07/17))

Game(s) working on right now

-  Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2: 1st Trophy (15/09/16), Latest (17/09/16)

Will resume Hawx 2 this evening, hope its a fun game with at least a semi-decent story.

Edited by LeetWolf2

For me you can add the following as eligible games:

htoL#NiQ -The Firefly Diary

Muramasa Rebirth

TIme and Eternity

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny

Ateiler Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland

Resonance of Fate

Final Fantasy XIII

Not sure if I'll make any progress on any of my games in July beyond maybe a trophy or two, moving sucks and is very time consuming.

Sorry it took a while, but finally UPDATED! Let me know if I made any mistakes - a lot of info to keep track of at a time...

As for myself, I've been working a bit more on Neptunia mk2 and got further in the game since last time, and hoping to go back to Puppeteer in not too long. Sadly lost my Ultra Despair Girls progress since my vita's memory card died and I didn't do a backup since I didn't know it saved to the card, but I never got very far anyway so it thankfully won't be too much to replay.

Also added a few more backlog games (Yakuza 3 and Tales of Symphonia) since I'll have even more incentive to get back to them now thanks to the weeblympics :3

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 2

So I've collected all the tags in mgs2 ps3. Just got to finish up about 200 missions now for the plat. Then I'll be transferring cloud save over to vita and hopefully it'll get me most of the trophies on that. There's no way I'm gonna go through all the vr missions twice and I really don't want to have to do the plant on extreme again either.

@Zanreo, I apologize for the large delay. I forgot to post my previous list. Anyway, here it is.

MosesRockefeller :platinum: (Joined in February, games removed from backlog: 4 - last game played through in June)

Hide contents

March: Assassin's Creed III (goal: 100%)

May: Stealth Inc. (goal: story), Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Platinum)

June: Shovel Knight (did story in April, Specter DLC in June), LEGO Dimensions (Batman Movie DLC)

Danganronpa 2 (Platinum)

LEGO Dimensions (remaining DLC)

Games on agenda for event

Hide contents

Goal: story

Freedom Wars - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

Axiom Verge - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

Dokuro - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

Persona 4 Golden - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

A Boy and his Blob - Story complete (maybe 100%)

Deception IV: Blood Ties - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

Killer is Dead - Story complete (maybe Platinum)

Frozen Synapse (focusing on the Vita version, but both are eligible) - Story complete (which will also unlock the Platinum since I've done the other trophies already)

Rayman Origins

GTA San Andreas PS3 (the trophy version, not the PS2 classics one) - Story complete

Goal: Platinum

The Swindle - 100% trophies

Sounds Shapes - Platinum (because I hate my life, I gave up on those damn Death Mode levels but it bugs me that they are all that stands between me and the Platinum)

Batman: Arkham City - 100%

I only have one more trophy in Danganronpa 2 that I should be getting soon (damn you, RNG!), so that will be my July game. Next month I should be more active in this again. This month I'm pretty busy with the KYC event, but I'm still chipping away at Danganronpa 2.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

Mgs2 ps3 now platted. Still a bit to do with the vita version. I transferred my save at the last boss on my extreme plant run to the games cloud save feature then completed it on vita thinking it would unlock everything when i completed it but it only unlocked great dane and another snake bites the dust. Turns out you have to transfer a completed save direct from ps3 to vita via wifi while on the game on both systems, so i did that next and it auto popped alot of the trophies except all the dog tag ones and a few misc ones. Then did the same with my snake tales and missions saves and luckily they worked also so i dont have to do all the vr stuff again.

Ive just got boss survival and a plant run on normal and one on hard left for dog tags then a complete stealth run of tanker-plant on very easy with the stealth gear making sure to collect all boxes. Ive decided im definitely gonna have to invest in a grip for my vita, my wrists are aching a bit from being on it most of today.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Well I was right about less than 5 hours. 2 hours later FFX is in the books at 2 years 10 months. I played it on ps2 when it released so you could actually say it took me 17 years to plat it. xD

Congrats on the plat. Have you done/Will you be doing x-2? I've completed X so many time but never even played X-2

Edit: MGS2 Vita is now platted.

Decided to jump back on telltale Batman, not played it since december so might aswell add it to this

Batman (14th December 2016)

Edited by wolverine123
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Congrats on the plat. Have you done/Will you be doing x-2? I've completed X so many time but never even played X-2

Thanks man. I've beaten FFX probably 8 times since release, but never completed the sphere grid because I dislike pointless grinding. I played and finished X-2 three times on the ps2, and played it right after FFX when I got the collection. I actually went back and finished the X-2 plat a couple months ago because it seemed a lot less tedious than doing the sphere stuff for X. So now the only ones I don't have plats for are XV(which is meh) and type-O(which I don't own yet)

My kids started a game of X last week and are about a third of the way through the game. 4 hours in my wife used their save and branched out on her own.(she's beaten the game before as well). She now has like 32 hours on her save file. :D Safe to say this game is one of my families favorites.

3 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Thanks man. I've beaten FFX probably 8 times since release, but never completed the sphere grid because I dislike pointless grinding. I played and finished X-2 three times on the ps2, and played it right after FFX when I got the collection. I actually went back and finished the X-2 plat a couple months ago because it seemed a lot less tedious than doing the sphere stuff for X. So now the only ones I don't have plats for are XV(which is meh) and type-O(which I don't own yet)

My kids started a game of X last week and are about a third of the way through the game. 4 hours in my wife used their save and branched out on her own.(she's beaten the game before as well). She now has like 32 hours on her save file. :D Safe to say this game is one of my families favorites.

You dont have the plat for VII either or XII. How different from X is X-2 i love 7 8 9 & 10 is it still the same sort of battle system? I remember i heard bad things about it back in the day when it came out so ive always steered clear of it. I cant actually remember what any of those bad things were anymore so maybe i should just bite the bullet and actually play it.

52 minutes ago, wolverine123 said:

You dont have the plat for VII either or XII. How different from X is X-2 i love 7 8 9 & 10 is it still the same sort of battle system? I remember i heard bad things about it back in the day when it came out so ive always steered clear of it. I cant actually remember what any of those bad things were anymore so maybe i should just bite the bullet and actually play it.

Forgot both of those. :facepalm:

X-2 is quite a bit different than X. It's more of an active battle system and characters can change jobs in the middle or between battles, and each job level up. It's also a lot less linear, and more light hearted generally. It's not a bad game, it's just very different than 10. It can be completed in 40 or 50 hours if you use a guide for 100% story completion. Without one.... Good luck man, there is a lot of missable story stuff. 

59 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Forgot both of those. :facepalm:

X-2 is quite a bit different than X. It's more of an active battle system and characters can change jobs in the middle or between battles, and each job level up. It's also a lot less linear, and more light hearted generally. It's not a bad game, it's just very different than 10. It can be completed in 40 or 50 hours if you use a guide for 100% story completion. Without one.... Good luck man, there is a lot of missable story stuff. 

I guess i'll be playing through it twice then. I dont like using collectable guides on my first run of anything, it takes the fun of discovery out of it.

Platted Batman so thats 2 games off my list for today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

I guess i'll be playing through it twice then. I dont like using collectable guides on my first run of anything, it takes the fun of discovery out of it.

Same here. It's all good though. You can carry over your stuff for a 2nd run so it'll go much faster. That's what I did even though I'd played it several times before.

Also, there is a choice you can make midway through. Going the other route on a 2nd run nets you an extra 5%, so you technically only need 100/105% for the trophy. If you have any questions when you start it feel fee to pm me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

X-2 is more similar to III or V and about all it has in common with the others you mentioned is it goes back to the ATB system.  It has a job system in the form of you finding dresspheres, so you get stuff by equipping those spheres and by doing stuff while wearing them in battle.  But unlike III and V, you can swap jobs in the middle of battle.  You equip a garment grid and set it up with the spheres you want to use and can swap that way.  Of all the job based systems that have been done in the series, X-2 has the best.

Mostly people dislike the all female cast, how much Yuna changes, and the story.  I've also hear complaints about the soundtrack (it's definitely nothing special, but not awful).  The story can be cheesy at times, but it's nothing out of the ordinary for FF.  I don't have issues with the changes to Yuna, because really she's a lot stronger than X made her out to be.  It's obvious the changes we see are caused by being around Rikku and the other Al Bhed that man the Celsius.  Someone who hangs around mostly goofy people will definitely act differently than someone who hangs around people who are too serious for their own good sometimes, and the cast in X definitely was mostly serious.

Personally, I like X-2 more than X.  I think Paine is a great character and I like some of the other characters added.  I like the mission based system and enjoy how it's easy to play it in small bits to add a bit more completion.  I also like how the game fleshes out Spira a bit more.  It's a fun game and I think it does more right than wrong.  I honestly like X-2 better than X, but I know my opinion is in the minority there.

And I'm personally slowly chipping away towards the plat in X-2 myself.  Almost done with the story in my first run.  I missed a few things to get 100% and the mascot dressphere, so I'll be doing a second run.

• Like 1

So I got through Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2. The story mode was pretty engaging and varied, I had luckily got all the MP trophies done last year so that wasn't something I needed to worry about. I also got really lucky with the Survival trophy. Since I was having trouble doing it alone, I set up an open match in the hopes that maybe someone would join, and someone actually did. After that it was a grind in SP to Master 15 planes and Max to Level 50, which I managed to force myself through.

I also completed the new DLC for Rocket League this month, but I didn't know what to do with it in regards to the list. Since it makes my May completion of the game revert to 91% because the DLC wasn't available then, I decided to add it to this month's completion. I figured as it's still part of my backlog, it took the length of some games do and it would make sense for anyone looking on the thread for them to be separated, that's what I did. If you disagree, you can remove it but it would be good if you could add some sort of rule in the first post for situations like these.

I've also updated my "working on right now" and "planned for event" games. Will start working on my next 2 games in August, anyway here's the update:

LeetWolf2 :platinum: (Joined in April, games removed from backlog: 8 - last game played through in July)

Spoiler

May:

-  Rocket League (1st Trophy (01/07/16), 91% (01/05/17))

June:

-  Destiny (1st Trophy (16/01/15), 100% (08/06/17))

-  Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion Game [PS3] (1st Trophy (04/08/13), 100% (08/06/17))

-  Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus [PS3] (1st Trophy (04/12/14), 100% (27/06/17))

-  Ghostbusters: The Video Game (1st Trophy (22/08/10), 85% (01/07/17))

July:

-  Rocket League (91% (01/05/17), 100% (07/07/17))

-  Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (1st Trophy (23/09/16), 100% (13/07/17))

-  Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 (1st Trophy (15/09/16), Latest (23/07/17))

-  Rayman 3 HD: 1st Trophy (24/05/14), Latest (24/05/14)

-  FIFA 09: 1st Trophy (08/05/10), Latest (20/07/11)  Goal - Earn all 36/57 obtainable trophies.

Game(s) planned for event

-  FIFA 10: 1st Trophy (15/04/11), Latest (13/09/11)  Goal - Earn all 29/52 obtainable trophies

-  FIFA 11: 1st Trophy (24/01/12), Latest (24/01/12)  Goal - Earn all 29/45 obtainable trophies.

Edited by LeetWolf2

Just to let you know I probably wont get around to updating before next week - I've been very busy the past days and will be going to a con most of this week. I'm keeping track of the thread, though! Keep it up :D

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 2