(revival) "What The Hell Is That Still Doing There" Backlog Event

So, I ended up sneaking in another "What the Hell is that doing there?" game this month, having platted FFX after starting it over 3 years ago. 140 hours, but I fully maxed my characters (at least as far as the game will allow), and can proudly say that I beat down everyone without using Zanmato.

I've now moved on to FFX-2. I notice that a lot of people are talking about it. I would mention the following: if you play it blind, at least try to get the Key to Success. It's easy enough to get, and it's a really good item for a 2nd playthrough.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

Platted batman return to arkham city. Those damn campaign predator challenges were a pain in the arse. I can do the combat ones with my eyes shut but the predator ones took me a good few tries. I was gonna go for the 100% but I can't be bothered to do all the riddlers revenge shit again with 3 different characters,not right now anyway. I'm gonna have a little break from batman for a bit so not gonna jump straight into arkham knight just yet.

I'm prob gonna get the walking dead new frontier out of the way next, I've not started it yet so doesn't qualify for this. Then I'm gonna get back to knocking a couple of fifas off my list.

• Like 1

*looks through the list of incomplete games that are eligible*

Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope.... :S

Finding a game right now is quite tough for me. Don't feel like playing any time sink right now and I also want to keep the amount of plats at a minimum before my plat #150 game releases, which won't be before mid of September. Don't want it to end like with my plat #100 where I had to put some plats on hold. xD 

Alright... time for a long overdue update! Sorry about the wait, everyone... have been busy with some life stuff and overall felt kinda tired, but I should be "back" now! (Also fyi leetwolf, I'm a girl - not "he")

@slaaack1 ...I'm gonna say that's ok, the rules were just copypasted from the original post but I'm willing to change that one, think I'm just gonna remove that restriction entirely actually

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zanreo said:

@slaaack1 ...I'm gonna say that's ok, the rules were just copypasted from the original post but I'm willing to change that one, think I'm just gonna remove that restriction entirely actually

Thank you :)

Was kinda busy the last weeks but I got a lot of free time now... I started a challenge kinda like this on another (german) board a week ago to get me and other ppl motivated so I guess I'll get stuff going sooner or later.
Even tho I'd work on Earths Dawn next, which I just bought like 2-3 weeks ago, I'd like to add the following games:

Limbo (1st trophy: Aug '15)
Mafia 3 (1st trophy: Oct '16)
Murdered: Soul Suspect (1st trophy: Oct '16)

• Like 1

On 14/08/2017 at 1:46 AM, Zanreo said:

Alright... time for a long overdue update! Sorry about the wait, everyone... have been busy with some life stuff and overall felt kinda tired, but I should be "back" now! (Also fyi leetwolf, I'm a girl - not "he")

Glad you're back, I was getting worried considering what happened with the original thread. :ninja: And I apologise, I know how annoying that can be.

Anyway, update:

Game(s) working on right now

-  Rayman 3 HD: 1st Trophy (24/05/14), Latest (06/08/17)

-  FIFA 09: 1st Trophy (08/05/10), Latest (14/08/17)  Goal - Earn all 36/57 obtainable trophies.

Started Rayman 3 HD but stopped due to an incredibly annoying collectible in one of the levels. Aside from that, I was actually enjoying the game and will get back to it after I've finished FIFA 09. Speaking of which, damn it is boring. Got 3 trophies left to do and one of them is playing 50 hours of the game. I've barely made a dent in that time so will end up grinding it by playing matches in exhibition which is going to suck :rolleyes:

Been knocking out some easy games in between and some multiplayer from Crysis 2 and Snipers: ISD. Not any that are part of my backlog so doesn't apply here. 

Edited by LeetWolf2

A small update.

I finished the Vita-version of Doki-Doki Universe during last week. I originally played this during KYC 2 (November 2016) and had to switch to the PS4-version as the Vita-version crashed several times in the first hour or so. Decided to give this version another try just to get rid off it it and luckily it only crashed about two times during the whole playthrough.

Besides that I also decided to retry Bears Can't Drift!? which is yet another disappointment and probably the most unoptimized PS4-game I ever played as even the menu makes the PS4 turn into a jet turbine. x__x I might go for the plat but that requires a local co-op session for one specific trophy. My girlfriend agreed to help with juggling the controllers so each one can take two but I'm still curious if that will work out with the AI on easy-mode. :hmm: Not to forget that one controller is actually a Vita, so rubberbanding is a bit harder.

I also might replay Abzû soon.

Copy-paste for the OP (decided to put each game on a separate line)

- Bears Can't Drift!? (First trophy: 4th September 2016, goal: Finish all solo-content, ideally get the Plat)

Games played through during event
March:
- Golden Axe (First trophy: 26th May 2013, goal: 100%),
- Driveclub Bikes (First trophy: 8th December 2015, Goal: Plat)
April:
- Burnout Paradise (First trophy: 28th March 2013, Goal: 100%)
- Modnation Racers Roadtrip (First trophy: 11th May 2013, Goal: Plat)
- flOw (First trophy: 16th December 2013, Goal: 100%)
- Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force (First trophy: 16th April 2016, Goal: Plat)
May:
- Bomberman Ultra (First trophy: 27th April 2013, Goal 100%)
June:
- Dreamals (First trophy: 1st February 2016, Goal: 100%)
August:
- Doki-Doki Universe (First trophy: 10th November, 2016, Goal: 100%)

Total games finished: 9

I will like to join, to see if i can get rid of some plats that must be already earned long ago, I will start with:

Resident Evil: Revelations (PS3)

Far Cry 3

I only need the farcry co-op trophies, I'm actually getting the 100000 kills in revelations and also leveling up to 50, i think i could finish with them this month so I can pick other games from my backlog ?

So it looks like I'm cutting it pretty close with the completion this month. I only have one FIFA 09 trophy left to go which is the 50 hours one and unfortunately I don't have enough free time before September starts to get it. I also haven't made any new progress in Rayman 3 HD since my last update, so I've decided to add Trine: Enchanted Edition to my list. I started it over a year ago and it's pretty short so I plan to get the rest of it done quickly. Anyway, here's the update:

-  Trine: Enchanted Edition: 1st Trophy (09/06/16), Latest (28/08/17)

-  FIFA 09: 1st Trophy (08/05/10), Latest (14/08/17)  Goal - Earn all 36/57 obtainable trophies.

Btw Zanreo, my list in the OP is in a double spoiler, do you mind deleting one of them please?

EDIT:

....Aaaand I've completed Trine: Enchanted Edition. Pretty good game, enjoyed it way more than the PS3 version. More stable engine, graphics are beautiful and the game is the right length for what it is. Wish they had improved the story & ending, and I feel like the extra level is a bit pointless.

Update 2:

LeetWolf2 :platinum: (Joined in April, games removed from backlog: 9 - last game played through in August)

Spoiler

Games played through during event

May:

-  Rocket League (1st Trophy (01/07/16), 91% (01/05/17))

June:

-  Destiny (1st Trophy (16/01/15), 100% (08/06/17))

-  Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion Game [PS3] (1st Trophy (04/08/13), 100% (08/06/17))

-  Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus [PS3] (1st Trophy (04/12/14), 100% (27/06/17))

-  Ghostbusters: The Video Game (1st Trophy (22/08/10), 85% (01/07/17))

July:

-  Rocket League (91% (01/05/17), 100% (07/07/17))

-  Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (1st Trophy (23/09/16), 100% (13/07/17))

-  Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 (1st Trophy (15/09/16), Latest (23/07/17))

August:

-  Trine: Enchanted Edition (1st Trophy (09/06/16), 100% (31/08/17))

-  FIFA 09: 1st Trophy (08/05/10), Latest (28/08/17)  Goal - Earn all 36/57 obtainable trophies.

Edited by LeetWolf2

Can I join? This looks like fun and I have alot of easy games I need to finish up from my backlog.

My first game will be The Swapper (First trophy: May 27th 2016) I started this last year but quickly forgot about it despite being a very short game and very similar to unmechanical, which I was playing at the same time. I got 3 out of the 10 trophies, but I think I may restart the game since I don't remember where I left off. I've always meant to go back to it and now I think I finally will and having it be a monthly goal I can divide it up into a little each day.

14 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Can I join? This looks like fun and I have alot of easy games I need to finish up from my backlog.

My first game will be The Swapper (First trophy: May 27th 2016) I started this last year but quickly forgot about it despite being a very short game and very similar to unmechanical, which I was playing at the same time. I got 3 out of the 10 trophies, but I think I may restart the game since I don't remember where I left off. I've always meant to go back to it and now I think I finally will and having it be a monthly goal I can divide it up into a little each day.

You can complete it in less than 4 hours so you shouldn't have issues :)

I restarted Tomb Raider as my save has been wiped, got 3 trophies to help me along and just need Multiplayer really.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2017 at 9:00 AM, damage_6-9 said:

Yes, keep me as active.... need as much motivation as possible to attack my backlog, can't even begin to even contemplate a list though, lol

My bad.... forgot that I actually cleared something from my backlog : Sega MegaDrive Ultimate Collection - popped the plat May 13 2017, 1st trophy was on October 9 2011.... only took 5 years, 6 months and 6 days :)

• Like 1

On 14.8.2017 at 0:11 PM, slaaack1 said:

Thank you :)

Was kinda busy the last weeks but I got a lot of free time now... I started a challenge kinda like this on another (german) board a week ago to get me and other ppl motivated so I guess I'll get stuff going sooner or later.
Even tho I'd work on Earths Dawn next, which I just bought like 2-3 weeks ago, I'd like to add the following games:

Limbo (1st trophy: Aug '15)
Mafia 3 (1st trophy: Oct '16)
Murdered: Soul Suspect (1st trophy: Oct '16)

So I actually started today (Mafia 3) but I've only done 4 easy Trophies so nothing storyrelated... Its been a while since I stopped playing Mafia 3, I need some time to get back into it 

I was kinda inactive on playing PS4 since I've posted here or I've only played some Rocket League so I dont think I will complete any game within a month... Fortunately one only can be marked as inactive here after 2 months without a completion :D

I will complete one of these listed games soon. 

I kinda stopped playing Earths Dawn and I want to take a break from Rocket League so plenty of time for the titles mentoined above. However, I just picked up a little game called Machinarium which I'll play now but I think it will be done within this week.