royal african pearl ram bug

hi,

I have the fully upgraded ram and the optional objective in sequence 8 mission 2 asks you to ram the royal african pearl with an upgraded ram. thing is it is not completing the optional objective. 

Does anyone know a fix or suggestion? or am I F%^&ed and need to restart the whole game.

thanks

Unfortunately the optional objective in that mission requires you to have the level 2 ram, but anything past that, just doesn't count for some silly reason. Since there's no fix at all, I can only suggest to try and sink the 4 Legendary Ships to get the special ram attack and see if that works out. But yeah if it doesn't, you'll have to restart from scratch :l

Edited by XShadowNebula01

7 hours ago, XShadowNebula01 said:

Unfortunately the optional objective in that mission requires you to have the level 2 ram, but anything past that, just doesn't count for some silly reason. Since there's no fix at all, I can only suggest to try and sink the 4 Legendary Ships to get the special ram attack and see if that works out. But yeah if it doesn't, you'll have to restart from scratch :l

Thanks man, well time to do the whole story again. Good thing I love the game.

We trophy hunters are grinders so it's not so bad.

Edited by Solidfox88

1 hour ago, Solidfox88 said:

Thanks man, well time to do the whole story again. Good thing I love the game.

We trophy hunters are grinders so it's not so bad.

I had the same problem. Unfortunately, I played the game too long ago to remember the exact fix but playing the legendary ships suggested in the above post seems to ring a bell. There were a number of missions in Black Flag I had to go back to for 100%.

14 hours ago, XShadowNebula01 said:

I did the mission with level 3 ram and the optional objective counted just fine. As far as I know, the glitch only screws you over if you have the fully upgraded ram ?

Edited by darkdante14

29 minutes ago, darkdante14 said:

I did the mission with level 3 ram and the optional objective counted just fine. As far as I know, the glitch only screws you over if you have the fully upgraded ram 1f914.png

Thanks, this is something I wasn't aware of until now. But I can only speak from my personal experience, and I remember that when I did this mission in the PS3 version, I had the level 3 ram also, but no dice - so either I was unlucky, they released a patch later that partly fixed the glitch, or it's just different for the PS4 remaster version. I still don't think that they would bother fixing glitches for it, though. Based on some people's reports, the charging ram attack seems to count as well, so it probably worth a shot.

15 hours ago, XShadowNebula01 said:

Thanks, this is something I wasn't aware of until now. But I can only speak from my personal experience, and I remember that when I did this mission in the PS3 version, I had the level 3 ram also, but no dice - so either I was unlucky, they released a patch later that partly fixed the glitch, or it's just different for the PS4 remaster version. I still don't think that they would bother fixing glitches for it, though. Based on some people's reports, the charging ram attack seems to count as well, so it probably worth a shot.

I played the whole thing again and platted it just a few minutes ago.

The charge attack doesn't work it has to be with a level 2 o 3 ram.

Thanks for the tips anyway

Edited by Solidfox88
  • Like 2