Has anyone experienced any issues present in this trilogy that weren't in the originals?

22 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

. The height you jump is significantly lower so trying to jump over a green box without any momentum, you will land on the box.

For sure this has been a problem even in the original games. when you completely stop and jump again, you wont cover more distance as much as while running + jumping obviously

Edited by Kyl542

Good god, just one last time trial to go and it shouldn't be that bad. Piston It Away and Spaced Out were miserable. What's with the small robots that curl up? The hitbox is all messed up. I would jump on it the moment it unfurled its legs and it would kill me despite being in the middle. Way too stressful. This set of games was supposed to be fun ?

Edited by Beatmania2dxs

Yesterday I got my original trilogy out and played them for about 2 1/2 hours each and the issues that I've encountered in the remake I did not  encounter when replaying the originals yesterday... No clipping through edges/boxes, no delay in button pressing, no random height/distance in jumping. So there is an issue with the remake with the points I made in my original post and as I've said The developers have already stated that they changed the mechanism but not the layout.

Edited by ZachBoardyHD
  • Like 1

I haven't noticed any of those issues in general but there were a couple of level specific instances. In Fumbling In The Dark in Crash 1 there is a set of two timed platforms and the second one kills all your momentum. I feel like there's a moving platform in there that's not moving at the right speed as well but that could have been on purpose. I also have only played through the first and am now on Cortex Strikes Back so they could be more prevalent in 2 and 3.

9 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I may just hold off from continuing the game to see if a patch happens because there's no way in hell I'm attempting the time trails with the crap movement/jumping mechanics... A patch will probably not happen though.

The time trials aren't terrible for the majority of levels. They are especially bad on Piston It Away and Spaced Out, though. Don't stress out too much. I had the habit of trying to go as fast as possible and earned a platinum on both. The game does give you a bit of lee way, so it's ok to go a bit slower. 

So far, the game feels quite bad on Cortex Strikes Back. I haven't played the first game yet, but Warped feels a lot better control wise. The road races are a pain in the ass, though. But I do remember them being bad on the original as well.

Edited by Beatmania2dxs
  • Like 1

I actually just finished 2 last night but I agree with:

On 2017-07-04 at 7:52 PM, Beatmania2dxs said:

Good god, just one last time trial to go and it shouldn't be that bad. Piston It Away and Spaced Out were miserable. What's with the small robots that curl up? The hitbox is all messed up. I would jump on it the moment it unfurled its legs and it would kill me despite being in the middle. Way too stressful. This set of games was supposed to be fun ?

I'm not even sure how long I spent on Piston It Away and Spaced Out because of those stupid little robot f***s -.-" Their hit boxes are ridiculous! Also the Nitro jumping into me AS I'M JUMPING! It didn't ever jump that high.. Freaking annoyed the hell out of me. Here I thought the two jetpack levels would be hard because I was never able to control that, yet I finished those relatively quick. It's all trial and error and avoiding enemies if possible. Personally, because of the stress of 2 Crash games worth of time trial bs in almost a week, it's break time for me to go finish other games on my massive back log. ?

1 hour ago, xMissFantasy said:

I actually just finished 2 last night but I agree with:

I'm not even sure how long I spent on Piston It Away and Spaced Out because of those stupid little robot f***s -.-" Their hit boxes are ridiculous! Also the Nitro jumping into me AS I'M JUMPING! It didn't ever jump that high.. Freaking annoyed the hell out of me. Here I thought the two jetpack levels would be hard because I was never able to control that, yet I finished those relatively quick. It's all trial and error and avoiding enemies if possible. Personally, because of the stress of 2 Crash games worth of time trial bs in almost a week, it's break time for me to go finish other games on my massive back log. 1f602.png

I just hate how jumping in Crash 2 feels so broken. Sometimes you jump higher, sometimes not. Sometimes you slide, but it isn't a full slide and sometimes it's a half slide. Sometimes the polar bear does a huge Heracles jump (randomly), sometimes it doesn't. It's horribly broken and I haven't had that issue in Crash 3. 

6 minutes ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

I just hate how jumping in Crash 2 feels so broken. Sometimes you jump higher, sometimes not. Sometimes you slide, but it isn't a full slide and sometimes it's a half slide. Sometimes the polar bear does a huge Heracles jump (randomly), sometimes it doesn't. It's horribly broken and I haven't had that issue in Crash 3. 

I was looking forward to buying this trilogy sometime down the road, but now it looks like a lot of people are complaining about the controls.

I will wait.

I heard people complaining about the delays too, one of The Know YouTube video did discuss about this problem, they said the developers were aware of this and might fix it soon or something.

but I believe very few people have actually complaint about this jump and double jump delay.

8 hours ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

I would say very delayed but I agree. I had that happen with the polar bear as well but it wasn't as bad as the octopi robots. It is good to know that Crash 3 doesn't have that issue.

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

I was looking forward to buying this trilogy sometime down the road, but now it looks like a lot of people are complaining about the controls.

I will wait.

Compared to the first one (being the hardest and all), the second does seem a bit delayed. It shouldn't sway you or anyone from wanting to play it though. Sure it's going to be more frustrating but I see getting the platinum as a proud moment due to how off it is. Once the developer fixes it, it will seem easier and not as much of a challenge as it is right now. Just my two cents :P It's still quite enjoyable.

On 7/7/2017 at 6:47 AM, Beatmania2dxs said:

i agree 100% jumping in 2 is way worse then in originals, 1st feels the same way, whilst the 3rd game there are no issues with the jumping, from what i read they used 3's jumps for the whole game unlike the originals when all 3 games have different jumping