What the origin of your PSN name ?

Aranea Highwind

Well it's kinda two fold.

"Viper" is a name I've been using since I was about 8 years old (I'm 32 now). And to put everyone's mind at ease, it's because my favorite car has always been a Viper...it's not for the snake lol. It was always a nickname of mine. Video Game wise, when we started getting the ability to name save files, it was always Viper. Got into wrestling when I was 12...been making a created wrestler name Viper every year since. I name characters in games Viper. Hell I'm playing Mafia II right now and put "Viper7" on my cars license plate. 

In 2001 I got into AIM (AOL Instant Messenger), and naturally I wanted my name to be Viper. Unfortunately this was the first instance where I couldn't use it (it was taken), so I had to come up with something else in a moment of being upset about this fact...so I went with TheViper4Life. This name ended up becoming pretty synonymous with my internet persona and it stuck just as hard as Viper did. 

So when I signed up for PSN in 2007...once again, I wanted to use Viper and once again it was taken, so I went with the natural alternative, TheViper4Life. 

Viper will always be my first choice...if I still had the chance I'd change my PSN name to that. I guess it's always been this weird thing, where in some ways I identify with that name...I want to be THE Viper on the Internet, the quint essential. But it's not always that simple. But do know, if you see TheViper4Life around the net it's most likely me...I've only come across one single instance in 17 years where someone else was using it.  

http://shadowhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Hearts

The first Shadow Hearts game, Yuri Volte Hyuga the main Character was a Harmonixer and was able to Fuse with other beings. He eventually is able to fuse with a God called the Seraphic Radiance.

and expert from the above page:

A Harmonixer, he possesses the powers of Fusion, which he inherited from his father. These powers were awakened in his childhood when zombies attacked his home, and Yuri's mother died trying to protect him. By fusing into elemental and non-elemental demons,

Though in part 2 they changed it to Harmonizer.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

Mermaid Melody. I was looking for a beautiful sounding name back then, and decided to mix the names of two characters from that show, especially since I liked them a lot. 

Izul/Izuru (I also decided to use Izul as my nickname on some platforms): 

Azule

and Maria:

Ãhnliches Foto

...and Izularia was born. 

• Like 1

Originally it was supposed to be HeavensLight but that was taken. HeavensGate was taken as well. HeavensFire? Yup. Frustrated, I combined Light and Fire with Heavens and this in the summer of 2010, this account was created.

• Like 1

I play a mobile game called Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle. After a certain level that was for "experts" only, I made this name as a joke on instagram. Then my account became very popular so I kept the name. Then a game called Dragon Ball FighterZ was announced. So I got a PS4 strictly for that game and when choosing a PSN name, I went with this.

My teenage self picked a decent PSN name (ie. it wasn't xX_blah_Xx or some other crap) but still a meh name that my adult self wanted to change, so I changed to CypherNova139 5 years ago. On one hand I wish I could have kept the old trophies, but on the other hand I was able to do better early trophy milestones on this account so I don't look back at the old trophies.

The thought process behind the name went something like (as far as I remember): while working at my desk at work half bored one day I was thinking about how Ratchet and Clank is a really cool series -> The vastness of space how cool it is,  and the beauty of the stars and comets -> what about supernovas, those are cool looking..... O_o That could make a cool PSN name!
SuperNova! Hmm... but since I'm a computer guy and not exactly an astronomer or whoever it is that stares at stars for long periods of time.. replace the "Super" with something relating to computers.
Somehow I came up with Cypher, probably thinking computer encryption schemes, etc.

I then Googled CypherNova to see if the account was taken anywhere online, and to my dismay there was (and I believe still is) a YouTube channel (and a Twitter too, iirc) called CypherNova. Fortunately it all looked abandoned.
With this being my first good username idea in years, no way was I giving up a good idea so I decided to add "random" numbers to the end of CypherNova to differentiate myself from whoever had this YouTube channel.

Needing a 3 digit number combination, I was at a loss to choose a random group of numbers, so the numbers chosen weren't exactly random: they were (at the time) part of my computer logon password at work. (don't worry IT: the password containing the "139" numbers was changed and "139" is not in the password sequence anymore)

Thus the CypherNova139 account was made, with me creating the account on Sony's website while on morning break at work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CypherNova139 said:

My teenage self picked a decent PSN name (ie. it wasn't xX_blah_Xx or some other crap) but still a meh name that my adult self wanted to change, so I changed to CypherNova139 5 years ago. On one hand I wish I could have kept the old trophies, but on the other hand I was able to do better early trophy milestones on this account so I don't look back at the old trophies.

The thought process behind the name went something like (as far as I remember): while working at my desk at work half bored one day I was thinking about how Ratchet and Clank is a really cool series -> The vastness of space how cool it is,  and the beauty of the stars and comets -> what about supernovas, those are cool looking..... O_o That could make a cool PSN name!
SuperNova! Hmm... but since I'm a computer guy and not exactly an astronomer or whoever it is that stares at stars for long periods of time.. replace the "Super" with something relating to computers.
Somehow I came up with Cypher, probably thinking computer encryption schemes, etc.

I then Googled CypherNova to see if the account was taken anywhere online, and to my dismay there was (and I believe still is) a YouTube channel (and a Twitter too, iirc) called CypherNova. Fortunately it all looked abandoned.
With this being my first good username idea in years, no way was I giving up a good idea so I decided to add "random" numbers to the end of CypherNova to differentiate myself from whoever had this YouTube channel.

Needing a 3 digit number combination, I was at a loss to choose a random group of numbers, so the numbers chosen weren't exactly random: they were (at the time) part of my computer logon password at work. (don't worry IT: the password containing the "139" numbers was changed and "139" is not in the password sequence anymore)

Thus the CypherNova139 account was made, with me creating the account on Sony's website while on morning break at work.

This is a good reply.  You got a unique name, sweet deal.

Portmanteau of Blackjack and Jock. Blackjack because of a surprising lot of things about me that relate to that word. Jock because I'm Scottish born plus I'm a sportsball fan. AC's just a random letter combination. The 0 replacing an o is just in case I some come across any site where someone already has ACBlackJock ?

• 2 weeks later...

I first bought my Vita in 2012 and at that time I wasn't really thinking too deeply about a user name and just used the first thing that popped into my head: My Student ID. Didn't ever feel the need to change it since I quite like how everyone calls me ex.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's actually a very sad story.

Jon is easy - my name

IL - my country, Israel

88 - a year after I was born (I was born in 1987)

So why 88 and not 87 do you ask.

Well Jon87_il was my first psn account, but back when I created it I misspelled my Email and was always too lazy to change it.

But 7 or 8 years ago psn had a shutdown or something and every one got an Email to reset their password.

Alas as I had the wrong Email address on my account so I couldn't reset the password and since PlayStation didn't had support in my country back then, no officaly entity could help my resolve the matter.

So I had to give up my trophies and open a new account, but since Jon87_il was already taken (by myself) I settled for Jon88_il and hence I will always feel a year younger then I actually am!

Edited by jon88_il
  • Like 1

On 20/12/2018 at 9:50 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

It's totally random. I'm not an original and brilliant person that wants to create things on his own, so it's a lot more easier tapping random letters on virtual keyboard on PS3 (account created in September 2009)

I had a few account's like that back in the day because the name's I wanted were taken by time I got psn in 2007

Edited by SeniorUser