What the origin of your PSN name ?

Aranea Highwind

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted something that sounded cool, without the use of numbers because IDK why but I don't like numbers in usernames. Anyway Winter is my favorite season and Hitman is a game series that I really enjoy playing so Winter +Hitman = WinterHitman.

I also made this account almost 10 years ago.... I feel old.  x D

I first started online gaming back on Command & Conquer Red Alert 2, (back in 2000/2001 at a guess) and came up with the name KrazyB0mb - name based on the soviet unit Crazy Ivan who planted bombs on enemy units and buildings. Used that until I bought my PS3 and changed my name to Krazy_99 - The 99 is the house number that I grew up in, but people seem to think that's the year I was born ?

Back in the day, I was a huge fan of the anime Rurouni Kenshin. At that time as well I was into samurai games like Onimusha and Way of the Samurai and was truly fascinated by the concept of samurai. I found it really interesting that the master-less, wandering samurai is called a ronin. So, like my favorite anime I just joined the term ronin with my real name leon and there you have it an instant PSN username. 

• Like 1

In 2006, I was a huge fan of the Azumanga Daioh manga (and the anime but not as much).  When I created my Xbox profile in 2006, I initially wanted to create it after my favorite character, Osaka.  But at the same time, I knew that if I made it "Osaka", everyone would think I was naming it after the city and no one would know who Ayumu Kasuga was because she was only referenced by that name a couple times.  I decided to name it after my second favorite character, Tomo.  When I got my PS3 later that year, I kept the name (though I eventually changed my Xbox name).

• Like 2

Lol I picked up an old PS3 on Craigslist a few years back and had to make a PSN account. I had no idea what name to choose and hadn’t given it any thought, so I quickly looked over at the Pitbull I was pet sitting for my cousin at the time (named Diesel), and took a second to contemplate the fact I am a 20-something person who spends a lot of time playing video games rather than doing something more productive with my time, aka a man child.

And thus my name was born.

Had I known at the time I would actually get really hooked on PlayStation and would start trophy hunting about a year later, then I would have put some more care and thought into my PSN name! ☹️ I always thought this name was pretty lame, but oddly enough I’ve never had anyone ask me about it or mention it so it can’t be that bad lol.

• Like 2

My PSN name is a relic from my teenage years, back when I was completely full of myself. 

I was fresh out of high school and picked up "The Myth of Sisyphus" by Albert Camus, which happened to contain Existentialist ideas. After enjoying the book and thinking I was hot stuff, I chose the word "Existential" to represent my budding interest in philosophy. The "Solid" part of my name was hastily chosen afterwards to represent the Metal Gear Solid series and to add some sort of gaming relevance to my name (even though I had only played MGS2 and 3 at the time). 

I'm still a little attached to the name but I think I chose it for the wrong reasons. 

Edited by ExistentialSolid

My name used to be Ronnie89000 because my Roblox account needed numbers so I just hit 8 and went to 0, it then just became my name everywhere. Ronnie890 on PSN was taken so I added two 0's. Eventually I started using Toast On Cheese after I was playing Steam and just randomly came up with that, that was 6 or 7 years back, but I think I'll stick with that as my gamertag for now.

Only joined PlayStation around a month ago and could not think of a psn at all, in the end just done the initials of the football team I support Newcastle United and added Skilz on the end something which I definitely don't have in gaming ?

I should probably think of something different!

Everyone else seems to have a decent background to there psn ?

• Like 1

I got the nickname StacFace towards the end of secondary school. I'd previously been friends with older girls & ended up hanging out with this big group in my year when they left. There was already a Stacey and a Stac so someone came up with StacFace and it stuck.

The 92 part is because there was already a StacFace on PSN by the time I got round to the PS3's gen, my default for any online account in this scenario is to just add 92 as I was born in 1992.

I was a seaman. All ids i tried to create were occupied:  seaman, mariner etc, even marinero. So i am MARlNERO (marLnero)

On 11/08/2020 at 4:07 AM, StressEater said:

I am originally from the city of Detroit. Back when I was just a kid and still lived in Detroit, I was a firefighter. Since I was young, I was still naive and thought I was invincible. One day, my crew and I are on the 6th floor of a textile factory that caught fire. Normally we have 4 of us but one of the guys called in sick due to a death in the family. We were doing a typical right hand search of the factory since we were told that there were still several employees unaccounted for. Visibility was poor due to the smoke but we were making great time and moral was high. We located an employee scared and afraid as she was disorientated and unable to find her way out. My captain sent my partner to take her down. My captain and I went ahead to finish the search. We found a small group of employees near a window trying to get some fresh air from all the smoke. We called for the ladder unit to meet us at the south west corner. My captain exited first so he could assist the ladies into the bucket and down the ladder. As we finished helping the last woman into the bucket, the floor beneath me gave way and I fell two stories to the 4th floor. I was pretty dazed and not quite thinking straight. I knew I needed to get out of there and I was in trouble. I actually thought I was one the second or third floor because the fall seemed like it was so much further. I ended up tying a clove hitch knot around my halligan and wedged it into the corner of the window and jumped out. my rope was only 30 feet, minus whats wrapped around me and the halligan. So I fall about 25 feet, break 4 ribs, dislocate my shoulder, and give myself a concussion as I slam against the brick facade of the building. At this point I am in pain and still dangling 20 feet above the ground. Luckily someone saw my dumb ass flying out the window and brought the Rapid Intervention Team to come save my ass. The following shift, my Captain started calling me Stress Eater because I must eat stress for breakfast for being as crazy as I was. For some reason the name just stuck. 

Respect Man

Edited by MARlNERO
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...