What the origin of your PSN name ?

Aranea Highwind

• 4 months later...

I've had quite a few PSN names so I guess I'll have to explain each and every one of them lmao
RaydenRedfield: I don't know much about Metal Gear Solid but I've always liked Raiden and as for Redfield, well, it's Chris from Resident Evil
xElena93: I think I used this ID for the Uncharted 3 multiplayer (that I've played like every day back in the old days), I've always liked Elena and "93", it's just the county I live in (who said anything about being original?)

Neoxyxia: I'm quite fond of this ID tbh. But I got tired of people asking how to pronounce it so I decided to change it, though it's a pseudonym I still use a lot online. When I thought about this name, I was actually thinking about Noctis (from Final Fantasy XV), and the only thing I could come up with was Neoxis, but a french YTber uses this name so I thought about adding a little something and I don't know, I love the name "Xia" so I just combined everything together, it sounded pretty.

- And last but not least, my current name, Lady-Rhapsody: There's a spell called "Dancing Rhapsody" in Infinite Undiscovery and I liked the name but I needed something to rhyme with "Rhapsody" and the only thing I could think of was "Lady" and it's good since I'm a woman. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That’s not an easy question to answer. I’m not an original, because I just put two favourite aspects in this nick.
Aluminium which is my favourite material (i’m a geologist by eduction, although I don’t work in this occupation) and a chem. element (Al). There is no other more versatile material like Al on Earth.
Sirius is one of the closest stars from Earth and brightest (blue light = very hot star = very bright; the name is apt, greek word stands for „flaming” or „torrid”).
And while the first part is my recent invention (master degree) I hold in esteem „Sirius” (Syriusz) since little kid… Maybe it is because my older bro once showed to me a (now) very old PC game called „Klingon Academy” and I asked if he can fly to a little blue spot? There he flew to a blue star which I, as a kid, thought looks impressive seen up close (I remember his ship was taking damage from it’s closeness and we both panicked haha), but also probably there is a small gorcery shop called Syriusz (Sirius) in my neighbourhood. Sirius star is also termed „Canine star”, but I’m not a dog lover :P
Yup, it’s a bit compllicated, but here you go :) It’s a stir of thoughts and feelings.

I ran a random username generator and got "Valzenta". Reminded me of a family member's name in EverQuest, but to me it looked better with an "i" and thus it became "Valzentia"; and that's what I use for everything outside of music.

• Like 1

I'm...a nerd. Like big time. So I've based all my usernames for gaming and such after meaningful Ancient Greek or Latin meanings. Gnorizon is my current online prescence (Here, Playstaion, Reddit, Discord, etc)

"Gnorizon" literally is "Knowing" in Ancient Greek. Obviously based on the old greek word for 'knowledge' - the root "i gnósi." So yeah me = nerd. But I love usernames like these, easy to say, or abbreviate in chat, but also have a deeper meaning ^_^

Edited by Gnorizon
  • Like 1

I got really into the monochrome aesthetic after a silent, black and white nightmare I had that freaked me out, but fascinated me at the same time. I kinda became obsessed with the style for a while. I was also really into a medieval phase during the time and loved jesters the most, so they kinda became fused at some point and monochromejester came out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

My original PSN ID was “Toxicbandit” “Toxic”coming from that I can sometimes be a toxic gamer when I rage and “Bandit” is my German Shepard’s name. Recently made a second PSN account cause I wasn’t happy with my overall trophy list. Which is now “Toxicmatic”

So the first ever game I played online was a mobile game called Hobbit: Kingdom of middle-earth and many people had a name with "boss" and I decided I was better than that so I named myself "ultraboss" and since that name was already taken on psn I chose 009 as number because it was a play with James Bond (007) and my favourite number 9.

Edited by ULTRABOSS009