What the origin of your PSN name ?

Aranea Highwind

Candi - My friends and family like to tell me that they think I'm cute, kind, sweet, etc., and candies can be (and usually are, at least to my knowledge) sweet.  That's where "Candi" comes from. n///n'

Bunni - I'm extremely shy in RL and get very nervous around those I'm not familar with. I don't like being around large groups of people, or speaking in front of those I don't know. I'm very soft spoken when I do speak, and a lot of the time my friends and family have to be quiet and listen when I'm about to say something, otherwise they don't hear me. That all reminds me of bunnies, which happen to be one of my absolute favourite animals.

I use an "i" instead of a "y" at the end of each half of my name just as a stylistic choice. It looks cleaner, prettier even.

I wanted something unique and awesome so I already knew I wanted Suicide as part of my name. Then when I was feeding my turtles it hit me. SuicideTurtle was what I was going to use. But I looked at it and said it a couple of times and I don't like it. I changed turtle to its Spanish counterpart tortuga. Then I just added the the underscore as a finishing touch. Suicide_Tortuga was then created.:)

I think mine is self-explanatory but... There's this awesome game called Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor.
I got so hooked and amazed by the game (plus Devil Survivor is a really cool name) that I decided to use it for most of my online accounts as my username.
Alas, it was already taken on PSN so I had to put "The" too.

I made my account back when i was a PC gamer. I made the account just to play some Street Fighter online, didn't know i'd switch teams and go hardcore back into consoles.

I just went with something silly, like Trololo, which was already taken, then added BR for Brazil, and that's that.

Mines pretty random, it was back when I used to play the original GuildWars, I made a character whose class was Paragon, and the hairstyle I chose was cornrows so I just named him MrCornrow. Then when i got my ps3 I was wondering what name to go with and it popped back up

• 4 weeks later...

mnlght- short for moonlight.  I've always thought the night sky was pretty...and felt more comfortable at night, as well.  Just more peaceful.

maiden- I wanted a second half of my name that I actually thought flowed with it.

So, mnlghtmaiden was pretty much something I just made up on my own, lol

Edited by mnlghtmaiden

The month of November itself isn't meaningful to me in any way. The username comes from the song November Rain actually which is one of my favorite songs of all time. I've used different variations of November Rain or just word 'november' ever since I was 14 or 15 I think. When I was making my Youtube account in 2008 pretty much everything was taken, so I was "creative" and added another 'r' and 'x' to 'november', making it novemberrx. Anyway, when I was making my PSN ID, I faced the same problem: pretty much every ID I wanted was taken so I used the one I had for my YT account. And now I wish I could change it but I am stuck with the choice I made haha.

Spell check is IMPORTANT!

I was around 8 and RS was still cool back then, so I wanted to make an account. I liked cats, so I wanted it to be Kitten. But, I was a terrible speller and didn't know how to spell it, so I asked my grandma. She spelled it verbally, and by the time I got back to the computer room all I could remember was a lot of T's. So I typed Kittet, but I was pretty sure that 'Kitten' would be taken, so I added a 2. I was really surprised when it wasn't taken.(Ironic now that I think about it)

Well, it took two hours before I walked into the stone circle of wizards outside of Varrock and was killed. Upset that I lost my "valuable" wooden sword and shied, I made a second account. Hence, Kittet3. Through the years, Kittet kinda stuck with me, and 3 has become my favorite number. But, I'm not crazy about names with numbers. I tried Kittet, and someone had already taken it. I also tried variations of my name or the word Sise, since that's the nickname my little brothers call me. (Short for sister, but I don't like it spelt sissy.) Finally, I decided to go back to my RS days and be Kittet3 again.

Do I regret it? Eh.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I chose "WalkerFlesh". I'm still uncertain of it, probably due to it being new, and I'm not used to it. I don't know. Any opinions?

It's based off of "Walker" being my last name, and "Flesh" coming from "TornFlesh" which I use on other sites, but was taken. Also, I'm a big fan of The Walking Dead, so I figured "WalkerFlesh" would be a reminder of zombies.

I loved the show Fat Pizza in which the main character often calls people stooges, at the time I was also really into Drawn Together in which the character Toot would often call people assbags or any variant word with bag at the end.

I put the two together and 5 years later here I am.

It is worth noting though, that I joined the PSN solely to download a PSP demo, and later some PSP games, having never owned a PS3 until the tail end of 2011 though, I had no idea my stupid name would end up being a thing people could see, though by that point, I'd put too much money into this account to make a new one.

Well, when I made my account, I thought I would be able to change my PSN name at a later date (surprise, surprise, ya can't :/), so I just made up a name using what was near me: the racing game, "MotorStorm: Apocalypse". So, I took the "Storm" part from the name of the game, "Racer" from the genre, and 872 is a number that I frequently use when a username is unavailable (but that's a whole other origin story).

My handle is a play on my last name.  I realized I could make the word nerd with my last name so I did.  While I won't say my last name here I can say that I am not a nerd for bucks or deer.  Now that I'm on the forum here I wish I used a different name for those that didn't personally know me.  I know I could change my handle here but if I did that people would get confused or not know who I am.  (Like I do with all of ya'll when you change your names).  :D