A trusty way to hunt Legendary Buck

aimeraya

Sorry to post another thread on this awful, disguting, maybe the worst ever PS3 game.

As most of platinum-achievers have been struggled on this trophy, so have I, by collecting the limited information, i found a trusty way to make a buck respawn at Stage 5.

First of all, a thanks to the trophy guide and the posts related and also in which all the members have spoken.

What I found:

1. Buck, Doe and Wolf respawn while time changes (day to night or night to day).

2. The type of animal is also random, sometimes Wolf also respawns at daytime.

3. After an animal respawnd, it will wander around. BUT after it runs out of edge of the map, it won't come back again.

4. To obtain this trophy, you need eat the legendary buck you killed. The kill won't count if you don't eat it. So a ridiculous situation is that: you kill a legendary buck out of map, but you can't eat it!

Here comes the trusy(?) way:

1. Grab the Deer Tags outside of the cabin in northwest of the Spawn Point. Go southeast to the campfire, by checking out if a deer is around (I never found a deer at Day 1).

2. At night, just stay at the campfire, be cautious of the wolves probably attacking, eat a ration and wait until sunrise.

3. Now look for the cave (or find it before the night), let the cliff to your face.

4. Use the sideways walking (push the leftstick to left) to move fast (counter-clockwise), leave a distance of 50m to the cliff.

5. Pay attention to a wandering animal (Buck, Dow, Wolf, i don't know) in the red oval, kill it with your rifle immediatly. Below is a doodle i made, don't make fun of me:

DLtgkkm.jpg

Thanks for the reading, i'll be glad if it helps u.

• Like 4

I was so lucky whit this trophy. I tried a lot of times but when I was already giving up suddenly first day before nightfall that bastard appears. This game is about lucky unfortunately. I read a lot of topics about make deers respaw but nothing works for me. Just be patience and sooner or later you will get this shitty platinum :/

Edited by bani24jj

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:23 AM, russiandude123 said:

Wow. This game is literally the worst piece of crap I’ve ever seen in my life. After like a hundred tries, finally got the stupid buck. Thanks for the map, it helped a lot. 

Yeah, I read this a bit and couldn't think it was as bad as people were saying … but yeah this is the worst game I have ever played. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I appreciate this post, but after only a few attempts at waiting out the night cycle for this strategy, it became clear I did not have the patience for it, as you can’t idle it, and wolves will still find you if you hide in the cave. I knew it must be more than possible to get a buck on “day 1” from this guy’s video.

https://youtu.be/muJH57UkmKw

I must be one of the lucky ones because I was nowhere near 100 attempts. On one of my sideways mad dashes to the buck tag, I noticed some movement toward the right and thought oof there it goes, that was it, my chance is gone, have to try again ._. But the east wall of the map is just a cliff, the awful invisible wall is only on the west. So I knew I must still have a chance! As soon as I got the buck tag, I mad dashed back toward the start point and sure enough the buck was still present on the map. 5 shots and a distant chase later, I got it. And he was “the one” too (the first 2 or 3 were not the one ?).

Fastest deletion-after-100% ever in my life. Faster than AMY, faster than Hydrophobia.

And thank goodness that platinum #80 is NOT a “milestone” on this site or else I wouldn’t be able to eventually forget about this ?

Edited by EqualityEarth

Is it possible you cannot kill the buck if you do not take buck tags first? I am finding almost in every match the buck to the NE, on the right of the camp fire but I spent all bullets shooting them without sucess. If this is not the reason, I cannot understand what's happening with this terrible game...

Thanks for your comments!

On 8/5/2021 at 2:06 AM, luxminator said:

Is it possible you cannot kill the buck if you do not take buck tags first? I am finding almost in every match the buck to the NE, on the right of the camp fire but I spent all bullets shooting them without sucess. If this is not the reason, I cannot understand what's happening with this terrible game...

Thanks for your comments!

I can confirm 3 things: 

1. picking buck tag is mandatory to hunt the legendary buck;

2. it appears frequently on the left of camp fire as stated by @aimeraya;

3. it is the worst game ever played;

extra: it took me seconds to delete it after platinum popped up haha

1 hour ago, luxminator said:

I can confirm 3 things: 

1. picking buck tag is mandatory to hunt the legendary buck;

2. it appears frequently on the left of camp fire as stated by @aimeraya;

3. it is the worst game ever played;

extra: it took me seconds to delete it after platinum popped up haha

Due to the nightmare after playing this game, i had to avoid all the pure hunting game afterwards.