Bad Stealth Mechanics

Is it just me or does this game have really poor mechanics for a stealth game. The climbing and jumping are completely unpredictable at times, there's no way to simply incapacitate an enemy rather than killing them, and you can only use each hiding area once for bodies despite there clearly being room for 2 or 3. Given the number of enemies and the lack of ways to distract them (at least in the early game), it seems like you're almost forced to engage. Then there's the mechanic that locks you into combat, which makes a no-kill run pretty un-intuitive. These are all staples of a successful stealth-oriented game and this game fails on almost every note. Not to mention the writing is atrocious and downright laughable at times. I try to play every stealth game that releases and I put this one off for a while because I heard it was so-so, but I had no idea just how hard to play it would be. I understand they're a small team, but come on. I'd be willing to give Shards of Darkness a try if it seems like they've worked on some of these issues, but I don't have high hopes. Anyone else have a similar experience?

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

one of the worst games i've ever played for platinum. too much rng makes this game feel like the platinum should come with a cash reward, even fucking ledges have rng, like imagine uncharted with a 10% chance to grab the ledge you jump to as opposed to plummeting to your death.

normally a game gives you varying gameplay mechanics, so you have options and choices in how you can proceed, but in this game the options are given solely to the ai in how they should fuck you. even hiding with invisibility on. from the very first level every enemy can pin you with 100% accurate throwing knives during animations you can't prevent.

it's not so hard, providing you stay above and don't kill but that makes the game boring. no worthwhile gadgets. i'd love to be able to drop some type of incendiary on a plated heavy and watch him melt inside out with satisfaction but you get nothing, of any sort it's specifically not a game that is designed to be fun, it's for the 0.1% of youtubers that speedrun for cash.

after 3 days from first trophy to finish, only need collectibles in final level and 1 objective i missed in the 2nd area, i feel like i've spent 3 weeks on this.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Stealth is OK, but the stupid coin-collecting makes this plat wwwwaaaaaaaaaayy longer than necessary. You can do 100% of all missions in less than 30 minutes if coins weren't there (no alerts, no kills, speed run, main objectives, secondary objectives).

Edited by FatSuit