Nightmare Mode + No upgrades....doable?

Kyl542

So i only took a look at the trophies after i finished the game (avoid story spoilers and all). Apparently there's a trophy for completing the game with no upgrades at all, instead of having to make another survival playthrough, is it wise to combine that trophy with the Nightmare difficulty trophy?, i will attempt Akuma mode after this so maybe would serve as practice 

It is skill dependent but people do Akuma with no upgrades so it is doable. 

I do want to say that I don't think it would serve as practice for Akuma mode for the simple fact that the upgrades will help you out a ton on Akuma but only if you know which ones to choose and how to use them. I would use Nightmare as practice in this manner and just run it on an easier difficulty with no upgrades to get it out of the way later. Up to you though, personal preference and all.

1 hour ago, killerJAZZ420 said:

Was just about to bring jigsaw up. Dood is a beast so dont expect anybody just to copy his strats lol.

Most of his strat are quite easy to replicate or to simply tailor to your own needs. His strat for the double room at the begining in chapter 6 where you only kill certain enemies to make them stop spawning while Jospeh is opening the doors is really useful for anyone doing Akumu. Can be one of the harder parts otherwise. Jigz also got a great in depth Akumu guide on his YT for anyone interested.

Edited by Quink666

6 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Most of his strat are quite easy to replicate or to simply tailor to your own needs. His strat for the double room at the begining in chapter 6 where you only kill certain enemies to make them stop spawning while Jospeh is opening the doors is really useful for anyone doing Akumu. Can be one of the harder parts otherwise. Jigz also got a great in depth Akumu guide on his YT for anyone interested.

oh yeah i get that his runs arent SUPER LEET, and he does an amazing job explaining whats going on. Just if you are expecting to just watch what hes doing at a glace and do it yourself right away with like no fucks given, i dont think your runs would go near as smooth as hoped. But you are right they awesome and doable with practice and a not super complex understanding of the game as his videos are great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killerJAZZ420 said:

oh yeah i get that his runs arent SUPER LEET, and he does an amazing job explaining whats going on. Just if you are expecting to just watch what hes doing at a glace and do it yourself right away with like no fucks given, i dont think your runs would go near as smooth as hoped. But you are right they awesome and doable with practice and a not super complex understanding of the game as his videos are great.

Yeah his knowledge of the game is supreme and the dude has probably several hundred of hours of experience so you cant expect to be nearly as good as him =)

Just now, Quink666 said:

Yeah his knowledge of the game is supreme and the dude has probably several hundred of hours of experience so you cant expect to be nearly as good as him =)

speaking of which just beat my first run on survival so will be rewatching his Akumu runs in a minute. So heres hoping im not 2 scrub and can get it done after putting my foot in my mouth lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killerJAZZ420 said:

speaking of which just beat my first run on survival so will be rewatching his Akumu runs in a minute. So heres hoping im not 2 scrub and can get it done after putting my foot in my mouth lol.

Here is his in depth Akumu guide: 

Its 2 years old and he has improved/changed some stuff for speedrunning, but if you are just planning on beating Akumu you can learn a great deal from this video.

Just now, Quink666 said:

Here is his in depth Akumu guide: 

Its 2 years old and he has improved/changed some stuff for speedrunning, but if you are just planning on beating Akumu you can learn a great deal from this video.

Ive actually watched this run like twice now but thanks for the link as i was having trouble refinding it in his crazy list of uploads. And for anybody else looking to do the run. 

Just now, killerJAZZ420 said:

Ive actually watched this run like twice now but thanks for the link as i was having trouble refinding it in his crazy list of uploads. And for anybody else looking to do the run. 

Yeah TEW plat is my next goal. Would like to get it done before TEW2 comes out. But i still have to do the no upgrades and speedrun trophy.