Trophy Synching Error

According to reports the PSN network is down or has been down worldwide.
I am at work so I am not sure but its been posted on a lot of gaming forums and gaming news sites.

EDIT: The PSN status website for my location has all systems as Red so everything

Edited by fisty123

14 minutes ago, Dag said:

Yeah... just like the last time and the time before that. It's always unscheduled maintenance until someone comes out and goes no it was not.

4 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Yeah... just like the last time and the time before that. It's always unscheduled maintenance until someone comes out and goes no it was not.

Except it was this time, went to the PSN store on the PS4, said it was undergoing server maintenance this time around.  Seems fine now though.

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

They might have tweaked their syncing servers, so that's why trophy syncing wasn't possible for a short time:

I never thought it was slow in the first place but that's good news I guess lol.

Edited by DarkSamuraii-

34 minutes ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

I never thought it was slow in the first place but that's good new I guess lol.

On the PS4 I have to enter the trophy overview at least two or three times before it actually starts syncing them. And it shouldn't be due to network as I have it connected via ethernet cable and internet speed is 120MBit/s which I also reach with the normal PSN-downloads. Overall the PS4 runs really sluggish for me, though. Might have to rebuild the database.

I guess it's a typical problem only some users may experience.

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

On the PS4 I have to enter the trophy overview at least two or three times before it actually starts syncing them. And it shouldn't be due to network as I have it connected via ethernet cable and internet speed is 120MBit/s which I also reach with the normal PSN-downloads. Overall the PS4 runs really sluggish for me, though. Might have to rebuild the database.

I have a few friends that have it like that but I always assumed it's an Internet issue. Hopefully this may fix it. Haven't seen maintenance purely for trophies in a while.

10 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I think one of the updates made it really sluggish since I am getting that too, but if you press options on your trophies you can sync from there, rather than going in and out

Just now, midgetstrawdog said:

I think one of the updates made it really sluggish since I am getting that too, but if you press options on your trophies you can sync from there, rather than going in and out

I'm aware of that possibility, too. But that also takes quite a lot of time until it actually starts off. It's not PS3-slow but still not as fast as it could be.

• 3 years later...

Yep, me too.

It works fine now but on Tuesday I couldn't access my PS+ cloud storage on PS3 and instead of showing the amount of free space I had left it only showed a dash. The next morning it was still the same but I tried to upload my save just in case (which I couldn't the night before) and it went through and seem to have corrected itself.