Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Van-Helsings

Trophy Synching Error

25 posts in this topic

Unable to synch my trophies, error code is 8002292D

Does anyone have this problem?

According to reports the PSN network is down or has been down worldwide.
I am at work so I am not sure but its been posted on a lot of gaming forums and gaming news sites.

EDIT: The PSN status website for my location has all systems as Red so everything

Edited by fisty123

15 minutes ago, Van-Helsings said:

Unable to synch my trophies, error code is 8002292D

Does anyone have this problem?

PSN's down. Wonder if it's been ddosed again...

It is now back up for my location so give it 10 minutes or so and try again

14 minutes ago, Dag said:

Yeah... just like the last time and the time before that. It's always unscheduled maintenance until someone comes out and goes no it was not.

4 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Yeah... just like the last time and the time before that. It's always unscheduled maintenance until someone comes out and goes no it was not.

Except it was this time, went to the PSN store on the PS4, said it was undergoing server maintenance this time around.  Seems fine now though.

They might have tweaked their syncing servers, so that's why trophy syncing wasn't possible for a short time:

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

They might have tweaked their syncing servers, so that's why trophy syncing wasn't possible for a short time:

I never thought it was slow in the first place but that's good news I guess lol.

Edited by DarkSamuraii-

34 minutes ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

I never thought it was slow in the first place but that's good new I guess lol.

On the PS4 I have to enter the trophy overview at least two or three times before it actually starts syncing them. And it shouldn't be due to network as I have it connected via ethernet cable and internet speed is 120MBit/s which I also reach with the normal PSN-downloads. Overall the PS4 runs really sluggish for me, though. Might have to rebuild the database.

I guess it's a typical problem only some users may experience.

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

On the PS4 I have to enter the trophy overview at least two or three times before it actually starts syncing them. And it shouldn't be due to network as I have it connected via ethernet cable and internet speed is 120MBit/s which I also reach with the normal PSN-downloads. Overall the PS4 runs really sluggish for me, though. Might have to rebuild the database.

I have a few friends that have it like that but I always assumed it's an Internet issue. Hopefully this may fix it. Haven't seen maintenance purely for trophies in a while.

I just synced a trophy a little while ago on PS4 and it seems noticeably faster now.  I didn't think it was slow before either, but it was nearly instantly finished.  👍

10 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I think one of the updates made it really sluggish since I am getting that too, but if you press options on your trophies you can sync from there, rather than going in and out

Just now, midgetstrawdog said:

I think one of the updates made it really sluggish since I am getting that too, but if you press options on your trophies you can sync from there, rather than going in and out

I'm aware of that possibility, too. But that also takes quite a lot of time until it actually starts off. It's not PS3-slow but still not as fast as it could be.

Anybody else getting this code today? I hope my PS3 hard drive isn't fried again. 

Confirm on my PS5, the trophy don't sync, and appear and disappear the trophy list, in the section

3 minutes ago, aceman131 said:

Anybody else getting this code today? I hope my PS3 hard drive isn't fried again. 

Yes, got it few minutes ago. But now I tried again and trophies synced. Probably some short term issue.

I synced my PS3 trophies about 40 minutes ago. Hopefully it’s a temporary issue on Sony’s end. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

i'm getting this error code on my ps4: WS-37116-8

anyone else getting this when trying to sync trophies?

Getting this error message aswell on my PS4. Haven't tried on my PSVITA or PS5

I was having some issues with PSN back on Tuesday (the PS+ cloud saves, specifically), but everything else was fine. Seems like PSN is on the fritz again. It seems fine for the most part, but yeah, trophies are having issues syncing.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Yep, me too.

It works fine now but on Tuesday I couldn't access my PS+ cloud storage on PS3 and instead of showing the amount of free space I had left it only showed a dash. The next morning it was still the same but I tried to upload my save just in case (which I couldn't the night before) and it went through and seem to have corrected itself.

Apparently Sony screwed up again a couple days ago, but it should be all fixed

Cheers