That Other, Other Platinum Race, that's also rather misleading

Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?

• Mesopithicus
    • Edunstar84
    • Psy-Tychist
    • Is there someone else who should be here?

As we have finished Summer and moved firmly into Autumn (maybe Winter), let's see how the 'Race' is progressing.

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 3128 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 93 = 2.97%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 77 = 2.46%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2695 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 30 = 1.11%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 112 = 4.16%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 8171 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 12 = 0.15%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 104 = 1.27%

September was a slow month overall for everyone with different competitions taking precedence, but as Halloween approaches, will the pace pick up again?

Congrats to @Mesopithecus for getting a fifth UR Platinum into the mix (scores have been updated on the OP), I'm hoping I can get at least one before the end of the year.

Congrats to @Edunstar84 for getting 3 Plats from 1st Sep to 1st Oct, doing well in your backlog it seems.

Any spooky Platinums for Halloween?

Just got my 6th UR plat of the race

Amnesia Collection - 3.76%

1La37e7a.png

Whether it stays Ultra Rare is another thing, but it wouldn't surprise me what with the amount of collectibles and motion sickness hell the game induces.  Picked up a nice number of very rare trophies from this too so should bump my score up a little bit.

Planning on starting my next UR game tomorrow :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Just got my 6th UR plat of the race

Amnesia Collection - 3.76%

1La37e7a.png

Whether it stays Ultra Rare is another thing, but it wouldn't surprise me what with the amount of collectibles and motion sickness hell the game induces.  Picked up a nice number of very rare trophies from this too so should bump my score up a little bit.

Planning on starting my next UR game tomorrow :)

What's on your agenda?

Ok, we have now made it just over 3 months into this, a quarter of the time down if you will.

Currently @Mesopithecus has an extensive lead and is looking to boost that further with Super Dungeon Bros which I assume Kent is helping with. With Platinum's in AmnesiaLittleBigPlanet 3, two stacks of Drawn to DeathMeiQ and Magicka 2, the score is now over 200 points with more to come by Christmas.

@Edunstar84 has been slowly accruing Platinum's throughout, but none of them quite dipping into the UR or VR. Trails of Cold Steel 2Unravel and Danganronpa 2 the latest in rare Plats. With 13 UR Plats and 5 VR Plats on her profile, I'm sure they will bump up the score.

I seem to be struggling. The last time I earned a Plat that was Rare, let alone VR was in November 2016, nearly a year ago.I have 75 UR and 41 VR Plats available to shoot for, so the backlog is there to conquer. I'm just running low on motivation and ability.

Some updated stats:

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 3286 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 99 = 3.01%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 97 = 2.95%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2727 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 30 = 1.10%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 112 = 4.11%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 8261 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 12 = 0.14%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 104 = 1.26%

Rarest Trophy1L1794df.png I talked to Amy. For like an hour. Today was a good day. :)  - 1.10%

Most Trophies Earned: Mesopithicus - 139

Most Platinum's Earned: Mesopithicus - 6

14 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Currently @Mesopithecus has an extensive lead and is looking to boost that further with Super Dungeon Bros which I assume Kent is helping with. With Platinum's in AmnesiaLittleBigPlanet 3, two stacks of Drawn to DeathMeiQ and Magicka 2, the score is now over 200 points with more to come by Christmas.

Funnily enough, Super Dungeon Bros is actually easier solo due to the various online glitches and laggy connections.  Fun game though.  Started it with Kent and Andrea and hope to maybe get it finished this week.

I noticed that the Amnesia rarity has been creeping back up, feel like loading it and popping a trophy on my alt accounts just to stop the rarity rising so much xD

Actually created a spreadsheet of potential UR trophies to earn out of games I have and games I want, hoping for a decent Halloween sale so I can maybe pick up Slain, Binding of Isaac and Evil Within.  Maybe you can try and go for Slain as your first UR and a Halloween plat?  It doesn't look too hard, especially with the cloud save method you can use for the no death run.

• Like 3

Looks like you're both safe for now from that 7th UR platinum being popped, sadly Super Dungeon Bros 10k bonie kill trophy has glitched on me twice and I don't have the will to try it a third time until the devs patch this terrible, glitchy game -_-

I did pick up a decent amount of regular UR trophies though whilst playing so it should bump my score up a little bit.  No idea what's next, will probably take a few days break from gaming.  

How're your hunts going?

I'm copying @Edunstar84 at the moment and finishing up some games with their last couple of trophies.

Currently doing terrible in the THL and haven't been able to make inroads to getting any amount of rare trophies yet.

Will try save scumming Slain (it's on sale at the mo too) to get it by Halloween (if I don't exhaust myself from work).

26 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm copying @Edunstar84 at the moment and finishing up some games with their last couple of trophies.

Currently doing terrible in the THL and haven't been able to make inroads to getting any amount of rare trophies yet.

Will try save scumming Slain (it's on sale at the mo too) to get it by Halloween (if I don't exhaust myself from work).

I think that's pretty much my plan at the moment, to finish up a couple of games I've started that have sat in the backlog a while (mainly looking at Okami at the moment)  I also bought S3 of Walking Dead and a couple of Mundi games from the US flash sale so will likely be playing those.

I think week 2 of the Halloween sale goes up on the store on Tuesday so maybe there will be some games of interest. 

On 22/10/2017 at 8:39 PM, Mesopithecus said:

I think week 2 of the Halloween sale goes up on the store on Tuesday so maybe there will be some games of interest. 

Nothing new on the Halloween Sale in the Europe store anyway.

Edited by Psy-Tychist

Just finished UR #7 of the race - Super Glitchy Dungeon Bros

1L69a62a.png

Rarity: 1.26%

I had so much glitch on me whilst playing this - Artisan, Well Rounded, and both trophies for grinding bonies and bunnies (seems like the recent patch messed a few things up)  So glad I persisted though and can add this UR plat to my collection

• Like 1

On 26/10/2017 at 11:48 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Just finished UR #7 of the race - Super Glitchy Dungeon Bros

1L69a62a.png

Rarity: 1.26%

I had so much glitch on me whilst playing this - Artisan, Well Rounded, and both trophies for grinding bonies and bunnies (seems like the recent patch messed a few things up)  So glad I persisted though and can add this UR plat to my collection

Congrats indeed.

By the looks of it, you will finish Resident Evil 0 before I will, if all goes to plan.

Been looking for a new job, that's been occupying my mind at the moment away from trophies.

My main goal is to get at least one Plat that counts by the end of the year. Whichever that one is. is anyone's guess at the moment.

With October over, Halloween passed we move into the colder part of the year with November showing no mercy.

Some stats to show what's been going on so far.

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 3335 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 111 = 3.33%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 101 = 3.03%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2775 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 30 = 1.08%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 113 = 4.07%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 8371 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 12 = 0.14%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 106 = 1.26%

My main goal is to have a VR or UR Plat by the end of 2017.

Hopefully I will be able to get up to 50 UR and 150 VR by the end of this challenge. This is my estimate as i don't have the general confidence to put a higher number in at the moment.

Anyone else have any specific goals or milestones they are aiming for?

@Edunstar84 How is Fallen Legion?  Did you buy the bundle which includes the Vita game as well?  The games really appealed to me but not got around to picking them up yet.  Your comment about Everybody's Golf also reminded me that I need to get the online trophy before the servers go down.

16 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

With October over, Halloween passed we move into the colder part of the year with November showing no mercy.

Some stats to show what's been going on so far.

My main goal is to have a VR or UR Plat by the end of 2017.

Hopefully I will be able to get up to 50 UR and 150 VR by the end of this challenge. This is my estimate as i don't have the general confidence to put a higher number in at the moment.

Anyone else have any specific goals or milestones they are aiming for?

"Colder part of the year" ?  I'm in Florida and it's still 80 degrees Fahrenheit, I'm not actually sure if it gets cold.

No real specific goals, I'm definitely happy with what I've managed to get so far and want to expand on that.  Figured my only goal would be to complete something more challenging that required a bit of skill.  I really need to get back playing something though, been really busy with some irl stuff

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

@Edunstar84 How is Fallen Legion?  Did you buy the bundle which includes the Vita game as well?  The games really appealed to me but not got around to picking them up yet.  Your comment about Everybody's Golf also reminded me that I need to get the online trophy before the servers go down.

"Colder part of the year" 1f60f.png  I'm in Florida and it's still 80 degrees Fahrenheit, I'm not actually sure if it gets cold.

No real specific goals, I'm definitely happy with what I've managed to get so far and want to expand on that.  Figured my only goal would be to complete something more challenging that required a bit of skill.  I really need to get back playing something though, been really busy with some irl stuff

Just came out of a very long gaming session. It took me a while to grasp the combat, but so far I'm having fun with it. It is very satisfying once I got the combos up. It doesn't happen all the time though. I've died many times, and only had to restart a stage once. Anyway, the game is moderately easy. I think many people gave up because of the whole block and parry game technique. Also, there seems to be infinite choices tied to trophies, and it's random. Fortunately, the game isn't too long. I'm almost at the end, and so far I've played 10 hours. 

And I took a big chance and bought the bundle. It was pretty much 50/50. One person found it okay, and the other didn't. Also read a few posts about how it stuttered. Can't play the Vita version yet because I still have SAO: Hollow Fragment on it. It eats up a lot of memory. Hopefully @bladesoframen can offer some insight? How's the Vita version?

I have earned a handful of Rares and Ultra Rares. I won't update until I have that pretty plat!

Florida only has 2 seasons: Spring and Summer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Just came out of a very long gaming session. It took me a while to grasp the combat, but so far I'm having fun with it. It is very satisfying once I got the combos up. It doesn't happen all the time though. I've died many times, and only had to restart a stage once. Anyway, the game is moderately easy. I think many people gave up because of the whole block and parry game technique. Also, there seems to be infinite choices tied to trophies, and it's random. Fortunately, the game isn't too long. I'm almost at the end, and so far I've played 10 hours. 

And I took a big chance and bought the bundle. It was pretty much 50/50. One person found it okay, and the other didn't. Also read a few posts about how it stuttered. Can't play the Vita version yet because I still have SAO: Hollow Fragment on it. It eats up a lot of memory. Hopefully @bladesoframen can offer some insight? How's the Vita version?

I didn't play the Vita version much, but from my short experience, it pretty much plays exactly like the PS4 version with no lag spikes I have seen so far.

As for the game itself, difficulty wise it is a joke, on my 2nd playthrough, I turboed 3 of the buttons, and pressed triangle every so often and won, no parrying needed. But on your first playthrough, you do need to parry a bit, but a small amount of practice will do that for you.

The biggest reason why people give up is because of how undocumented the game is. Besides some of the rng for getting Chaos and Order units, triggering the events necessary for trophies requires certain answers for questions, but there is no guide last time I checked. From what I heard you need a minimum of 3 playthroughs to get everything, but if you don't know what you're doing, expect to take 5+

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bladesoframen said:

I didn't play the Vita version much, but from my short experience, it pretty much plays exactly like the PS4 version with no lag spikes I have seen so far.

As for the game itself, difficulty wise it is a joke, on my 2nd playthrough, I turboed 3 of the buttons, and pressed triangle every so often and won, no parrying needed. But on your first playthrough, you do need to parry a bit, but a small amount of practice will do that for you.

The biggest reason why people give up is because of how undocumented the game is. Besides some of the rng for getting Chaos and Order units, triggering the events necessary for trophies requires certain answers for questions, but there is no guide last time I checked. From what I heard you need a minimum of 3 playthroughs to get everything, but if you don't know what you're doing, expect to take 5+

Even if there was a guide, it does get tiring having to pause the game to check for answers. I also missed out on saving a town from the plague. There isn't any info about getting the Chaos/Order trophies, but I did check gamefaqs for the Lunacy spell and got it.

38 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Even if there was a guide, it does get tiring having to pause the game to check for answers. I also missed out on saving a town from the plague. There isn't any info about getting the Chaos/Order trophies, but I did check gamefaqs for the Lunacy spell and got it.

The Chaos and Order are complete luck based. When loading a level, you have a chance of getting a bit of lore for the chaos or order version of a unit. The first you get 4 of, decides what the unit become. As a result, on your 2nd playthrough, you can use game saves to aim for the one you want, but it is luck based.

• Like 1