My little wall of games

gernboes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

Nice wall of plats ;)

I see that you played some of the Mass Effect games. Do you recommend them (based on what you've played)?

Thanks!
Well, so far i have only completed the first one, and played a bit of the second one and Andromeda. If the first one was a standalone title i would not really recommend it, because it hasnt aged well, the graphics are obviously not very good with todays standards in mind, but i dont really care about that, however there are some gameplay mechanics, systems and design choices that are really hard to swallow nowadays. I only played the first one because i see the series as a saga and i wanted to experience it from the start and import all my decisions and such into the later games. If you dont care about that, skip the first one, if you want to experience the whole deal, grit your teeth and get to it! (although i cant really say if its worth it, since i havent completed the rest myself, but i plan to!)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

First update in a long time. Have been playing a lot of Battlefield V Multiplayer with a semi-regular squad of a few friends of mine for the last few months, so single-player games go a bit less playtime than usual, there still have been some though :)

L04e16b.png

So, the big one. Completed this and have been playing hundreds of hours in MP, as mentioned. Still missing two MP trophies, but I think I will get the plat sooner or later. I'm not in a hurry...

Le80ad3.png

I got this one out of curiosity and finished it, but was a bit disappointed. I like Visual novels if they have a good story and a minimum of gameplay - doesn't even have to be minigames or something like that, if there are decisions to make, it can be enough for me.
This one has neither. The story is weak (or non-existent), and there is literally no gameplay at all. The only appeal is the catgirls which also are portrayed as sister-like for the protagonist which made it only weirder... so, not really my cup of tea...

L3b6601.png

Finished the last part of the Chronicles trilogy. Definitely not going for the plat with those, they already outstayed their welcome by the time I finished them...

L0e6070.png

Nice little game with a few puzzles and a bittersweet story.

Also got the Plat

1S479edd.png

Lb3f7ed.png

Another Far Cry. not much else to say

Got the plat, heard the DLC wasn't worth the time, so I won't play it...

1S877700.png

Lf6df71.png

Finally finished Yakuza 0! This was my third attempt or so, I always got distracted halfway through and then couldn't continue because I had no clue what was going on. Really loved it, but not going for the Plat, sounds ridiculously hard and tedious to me...

L65cfd0.png

Finished and platted. An ok game with an interesting premise that gets a bit repetitive along the way and the story takes a turn it didn't need in my opinion.

1S0e9aa8.png

L86b5aa.png

A bit like Yakuza 0, I started this game ages ago and got distracted, now I finally finished it and got the plat. only two easy DLC trophies to go for the 100%.

1Sbf0add.png

L3fa984.png

I really liked this one, it only takes about 2 hours to complete, but some of the trophy requirements sound way ridiculous, so I'm not quite sure if I will go for the plat...

So, this makes it 199* Games and 96 Plats

(* I changed the count a bit, because, with the AC chronicles trilogy, I count that as three games, even when they have been combined into one trophy list with the collection - that doesn't change the fact that its three games in my opinion...)

Edited by gernboes

• 4 months later...

Again, first update in a long time, so this is gonna be a big one.

1S2b85cf.png

Got the Plat for Final Fantasy XV.

Lb039b9.png

Another one of those I started years ago and got distracted. This time I finished it and got the Plat. The story is more or less forgettable, but after some time when you get a bigger ship and some upgrades, I really liked the gameplay. In the end, it can get a bit repetitive, but you can avoid this if you keep a few key trophies in mind from the start.

1S7c637b.png

L90aacd.png

Next, I wanted to get rid of a few quick and easy games, the first one of which was this one. Apparently an adaptation of a kids book. The story is ok, the gameplay is minimal, it only took about half an hour though getting the Plat.

1Sda566d.png

L3a6da4.png

Next was Drowning, a game about depression, more or less a walking simulator with a personal story. Luckily I can never really relate too much with those kinds of games because I never experienced depression, but it was interesting nonetheless. Also, the Plat took less than two hours.

1Scd60aa.png

Lf08be8.png

And the final one of this quick and easy ones was North, a game trying to convey how it is to get to a new country where you don't speak the language and don't understand the customs, culture etc. I was genuinely interested in this one but it was buggy for me and even more clunky than intended, so I got a bit annoyed with it - although that probably is part of the message... No Plat, but 100% in less than an hour (even less without bugs).

Laf972f.png

Next up, the big one of this update, one of my favourite games ever, I played it three times now, once to completion on PS2, then I started it again on PS3 and now I finished it again on PS4 and got the Plat which I saved for my #100.

1S0beebf.png

L6df61f.png

Another quick and easy ones, although I expected a bit more of this, the whole game would be a single chapter in an old point and click game. Nevertheless, it had some funny moments, and a Plat you can get in a few hours.

1S7c69a4.png

L10f072.png

Again one of those endless games for me. Another one is started back on PS3 but never finished. This time I finished it on PS4 and am still working on the Plat.

L1d6b3a.png

This one is a bit awkward. The Story of this visual novel is ok (nothing great, but ok), and the match-three gameplay is enough for this kind of game, but why you undress the characters to reveal the truth... I don't have a problem with a bit of fan service, but it just doesn't make a lot of sense here in my opinion. Still, got the Plat.

1Sd93710.png

Lfe0221.png

And finally Driveclub. Doesn't have a story and I didn't complete all events, but I cot the Plat so I consider it done.

1S588abd.png

So the current count is 208 finished games and 104 Plats.

Edited by gernboes
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

L23657b.png

Completed and platted. Really good, even if there were a few technical issues. 

1S37290b.png

L99c420.png

Also completed and platted. Would never have touched this one if it weren't included in PS+. Wasn't too bad though.

1Sddfbd4.png

L1052dd.png

Again, I wanted to get a few short ones off my backlog, this was number 1, at 100%...

L722019.png

...and this was number 2.

The count is now:

212 finished games

106 Platinums

• 3 weeks later...

1S682258.png Plat #107

After a little over one year, I finally got the Platinum for Battlefield V! Had all but two trophies after a bit less than 3 months, but the "Death from Above" trophy would have been virtually impossible for me to get legitimately - at least while still having fun... So instead of sitting at the spawn screen waiting for a plane and then hoping to not get shot down within seconds and also finding a manned stationary weapon and getting one destroyed, I rather waited for them to get the custom games online - which they did recently- and together with a handful of trophy hunters got it within half an hour or so. Also quickly did the handgun kills trophy, which wouldn't be such a big hassle, but I never went for it, because I would still have the Death from Above one standing between me and my plat. Been still playing regularly online this whole time though.

L14da0b.png Game #213

1S271e24.png Plat #108

Another game where one trophy kept me from getting the platinum for a long time... Goat Simulator and the Flapmaster trophy. This one took me even more than 4 years! Although most of this time I haven't even touched the game. I started it and played around a bit for fun, then wen for the trophies and at one point, of course, encountered the dreaded Flapmaster, playing a crappy flappy bird clone with horrendous hit-detection. After some time gave up and just forgot about it. Now, when it was announced for PS+, I just wanted to try again, and after about 3 hours or so, over two days, I finally got the Flapmaster trophy, quickly did all the rest and finally got my Plat. Now I'm still going for the 100%, but I need a few days or so before touching this game again...

Edited by gernboes

• 1 month later...
On 8.2.2020 at 0:53 PM, ZexionPonty92 said:

Hi, Quick question.

there is a simple way to make that beautiful wall of game icons that you have in your first post? I love it

Simply copy the image link of the game icons from the trophy lists here on this site, insert the link in your post and it will automatically insert the picture. then arrange them as you see fit without spaces or empty lines and they will fit snuggly together - I use rows of ten, and then a line break.

The only slightly tricky part is that some game and trophy icons use a transparent background which on PSN and here is then filled with a certain shade of grey. if you just paste those you will have a white background instead, what I do with them is download them, convert them to jpeg with the correct shade of grey as background, upload them to imgur and then use that link.

hope that helps!

• 2 months later...

GqBmXXM.jpg Game #217 together with Plat  #112 1S8bae40.png

iQal3rA.jpg Game #218

I would like to get the Plat on this too, but the drift events are just tedious and boring in my opinion, so I grew tired of it for the time. Maybe at a later time, I will get back and get the rest...

Tzo4hhL.jpg Game #219

I got this actually at release I think, but it never really clicked with me, although the previous Killzone titles were among my favourite shooters and Multiplayer games... I finally got myself to complete the story, although I have no motivation to do more trophies, especially not the Multiplayer ones.

UqCoVTv.jpg Plat #113

After completing this game ages ago, I continued to do the daily/weekly challenges for the Awesomeness Trophy on and off, and finally got it.

L3851fb.png Game #220

I really like the BF games, but at first, BF 1 just wasn't for me. Having tried it again some time ago, I actually quite like it now! I have completed the Campaign and got all the MP trophies, and I will get the remaining trophies at the Plat at some point!

Lb76434.png Game #221 with 1See2b5c.png Plat #114

• 2 months later...

L9b5eda.png Game #222

Persona 4 Golden

I started this back in 2013 never got around to complete it, somehow in the dungeon parts, I always let myself get distracted... This time I stayed with it and am still working on the Plat - the trickiest Part, the Hardcore Risette trophy I already got without really trying, and I'm now in the middle of my second playthrough.

L6807d1.png Game #223 with Plat #115 1Sf71bb5.png

FIA European Truck Racing Championship

Plat #116 is Valkyria Chronicles 1S03ca0b.png