Automatic trophy sync

Paranoimia

A question for anyone and everyone who cares to answer...

Have you ever had trophies sync themselves from console to PSN?

I was having a brief discussion on a PlayStation group on Google+ and no-one else there seemed to have experienced this, so I thought I'd ask here.

I've had it happen perhaps 5 or 6 times over the years, on both PS3 and PS4. The latest were 4 trophies in GR Wildlands, all earned within the space of 97 minutes between 12:30am and 2:08am UK time this past Sunday. I was playing until around 4am. When I'd finished, I closed the game, did a trophy sync, and nothing happened. When I looked, they'd already been synced. By coincidence, PSNProfiles had also tweeted these trophy wins at 2:57am, while I was still playing the game: 

Now I don't know if they were synced in real time as they were earned, or in bulk at the same time, but the system clearly uploaded them without any interaction from me.

Automatic trophy sync is a much requested feature for PSN which has long gone unaddressed by Sony, and yet it clearly seems to happen sometimes. It's rare, and there seems to be no real reason for or pattern to it, no discernible trigger...but it does happen. It surely can't just happen to me... there must be others who have had this.

2 minutes ago, Paranoimia said:

A question for anyone and everyone who cares to answer...

Have you ever had trophies sync themselves from console to PSN?

I was having a brief discussion on a PlayStation group on Google+ and no-one else there seemed to have experienced this, so I thought I'd ask here.

I've had it happen perhaps 5 or 6 times over the years, on both PS3 and PS4. The latest were 4 trophies in GR Wildlands, all earned within the space of 97 minutes between 12:30am and 2:08am UK time this past Sunday. I was playing until around 4am. When I'd finished, I closed the game, did a trophy sync, and nothing happened. When I looked, they'd already been synced. By coincidence, PSNProfiles had also tweeted these trophy wins at 2:57am, while I was still playing the game: 

Now I don't know if they were synced in real time as they were earned, or in bulk at the same time, but the system clearly uploaded them without any interaction from me.

Automatic trophy sync is a much requested feature for PSN which has long gone unaddressed by Sony, and yet it clearly seems to happen sometimes. It's rare, and there seems to be no real reason for or pattern to it, no discernible trigger...but it does happen. It surely can't just happen to me... there must be others who have had this.

They just recently added auto-sync for trophies on PSN, here's a link to the twitter post about it: 

personally I don't care if it syncs on PS4 since I've never tried to hide a PS4 trophy list. On PS3 I'd rather not be syncing all the time because some games are riskier to do due to glitched trophies and whatnot, but I'm not entirely sure if they also added auto-sync to PS3, I kind of doubt it for that console. 

I know some games sync trophies when you load them up so that could be the case...so like you play ghost recon, earn trophies, turn off console for the night...next day, turn on console, load up ghost recon again, it might say something like "installing trophy list" or not but the trophies sync as it loads...happened on more than 1 game for me on ps3...i have yet to really play my ps4 so no idea if it could be the same for some of its games or not...you could easily test it out...

It happened to me on December when i was playing Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD.I didn't sync any trophies and i don't have ps+.Also the game doesn't have multiplayer mode.I saw here that the trophies were synced,while i was checking the trophy guide.The copy was digital

Edited by sephiroth4424

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

They just recently added auto-sync for trophies on PSN, here's a link to the twitter post about it:  

It's not that. This happened prior to that, and has been happening occasionally for years.

3 hours ago, xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx said:

I know some games sync trophies when you load them up so that could be the case...so like you play ghost recon, earn trophies, turn off console for the night...next day, turn on console, load up ghost recon again, it might say something like "installing trophy list" or not but the trophies sync as it loads...happened on more than 1 game for me on ps3...i have yet to really play my ps4 so no idea if it could be the same for some of its games or not...you could easily test it out...

Yeah, I used to get the 'installing trophies' message on some PS3 games; that's just down to some poor coding/implementation - happened on several third-party titles, but never on first-party. It doesn't happen at all on PS4.

Edited by Paranoimia

yeah, i'm not saying the message necessarily always appears just that some games sync trophies automatically when you load them up...you're saying it happens on ps4 and i'm wondering if you've tested it out and if so, did you try just loading up to see if it syncs for certain games?...