Artifex Mundi community thread

Artifex_Mundi

2 hours ago, Asvinia said:

My guess would be so that when they're on sale the 'sale' price is just the original price so they don't lose any monies. They're certainly not the first company to do this and they probably won't be the last.

47 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Yeah, that is pretty much the conclusion I've also come to.

Yup, and it's a douche move. There are better solutions. Don't discount your games so quickly after release if you want to get more purchases at the original price. But upping the price on old games to put them on 'sale' at an apparent discount price is sleazy.

This is how you go from a small company, with a connection to your user base, to just another profit driven corporate entity. I'm not sure if @Artifex_Mundi will read or reply in this thread, but if so, it would be worth noting that your consumers have noticed, and aren't impressed. And they don't buy the reasons given. Not sure why companies continue to assume every customer has an IQ of 2.

Don't get me wrong - I don't have any issue with companies setting a price, nor of people wanting to get paid a fair wage for work. But just come out and say that. To say that we are making more product, which means more cost, so we had no choice? Yeah, that makes no sense. Making more product should reduce the cost per development, and more product means more stuff to sell.

And none of that justifies a 50% increase in price on an old product that has been completed already, and is now costing nothing to deliver.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Yup, and it's a douche move. There are better solutions. Don't discount your games so quickly after release if you want to get more purchases at the original price. But upping the price on old games to put them on 'sale' at an apparent discount price is sleazy.

This is how you go from a small company, with a connection to your user base, to just another profit driven corporate entity. I'm not sure if @Artifex_Mundi will read or reply in this thread, but if so, it would be worth noting that your consumers have noticed, and aren't impressed. And they don't buy the reasons given. Not sure why companies continue to assume every customer has an IQ of 2.

Don't get me wrong - I don't have any issue with companies setting a price, nor of people wanting to get paid a fair wage for work. But just come out and say that. To say that we are making more product, which means more cost, so we had no choice? Yeah, that makes no sense. Making more product should reduce the cost per development, and more product means more stuff to sell.

And none of that justifies a 50% increase in price on an old product that has been completed already, and is now costing nothing to deliver.

I agree the reasoning and statement as whole is nonsensical. Firstly it's not new content that is offered, considering the most recent example of Nightmares from the Deep 3 was released on steam in 2014. Secondly releasing a "new" game every 3 weeks will end up being counterproductive in the long run . It oversaturates the market eventually. Thirdly,... if at any point a new release doesn't hit after the self-imposed 3 week window consumers will be pissed and rightfully so I might add, because it makes the whole reason for the price hike void.

I generally appreciate it when communication happens between developers and the community. It's usually a good thing for both sides. For whatever reason more often than not there seems to be a lack of competence or experience on how that is done correctly.

• 1 month later...

Just here to let you guys know that the trophy list for Enigmatis 3 is online. A quick google search tells me that the game will release on April 6th. Probably at the same price as everything else.

Also I'm currently writing a Project Platinum for the Artifex games which will be up and running hopefully soon for those who are interested.

16 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Just here to let you guys know that the trophy list for Enigmatis 3 is online. A quick google search tells me that the game will release on April 6th. Probably at the same price as everything else.

Thx for the info. I looked at the@Artifex_Mundi website but didn't see anything ps4 related for that game.

And the main post isn't up to date sadly. Nothing about Nightmares from the Deep 3 either

15 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Thx for the info. I looked at the@Artifex_Mundi website but didn't see anything ps4 related for that game.

And the main post isn't up to date sadly. Nothing about Nightmares from the Deep 3 either

I wouldn't count on the main post. The Artifex Website isn't up to date on their store site unfortunately but on their news site is an article called "2018 New Opening" where they listed all their plans for the first quarter of the year. For PS4 only Nightmares 3 and Enigmatis 3 were announced.
And regarding an overview for all games, I states one I think on the page before but I will post a new list at the bottom of this post. But since I'm always on the lookout for the PS4 releases I will try to update the new releases in this post (like I did for the last 4 or so games) and I will do the Project Platinum which will also always stay up to date with all released games on console if that may help.

Nightmares from the Deep Trilogy

Enigmatis Trilogy

Grim Legends (2 games)
Eventide (2 games)
Lost Grimoires (2 games)
Abyss: Wraiths of Eden
Clockwork Tales
Darc Arcana

In total 15 games so far
Since Lost Grimoires, Grim Legends and Eventide all have a thrid part on Steam we can assume that they will be released on console as well but with no release date so far.

Edited by Lagoon Aris
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

I wouldn't count on the main post. The Artifex Website isn't up to date on their store site unfortunately but on their news site is an article called "2018 New Opening" where they listed all their plans for the first quarter of the year. For PS4 only Nightmares 3 and Enigmatis 3 were announced.

In total 15 games so far on ps4

Since Lost Grimoires, Grim Legends and Eventide all have a thrid part on Steam we can assume that they will be released on console as well but with no release date so far.

It's ok if they don't release more titles on ps4 this year i haven't bought all currently available yet :D haven't played even half of what i bought either xD

2 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

Anybody know the price, they were all £7.99 up until Nightmares From The Deep 3 when they upped it to £11.99

They raised the prices of all their games in the PS Store, even the games they already had already released. So my guess is, it will be the higher price as well. in the German store it is 14,99€. They made a statement about the price change on their website but well, people in this thread already doubted the reasons stated, so yeah...
Maybe the games will eventually come up in a sale again. I'm still waiting as I won't pay that much money for games that were out on PC for years (and that I already have played on PC)

9 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

They raised the prices of all their games in the PS Store, even the games they already had already released. So my guess is, it will be the higher price as well. in the German store it is 14,99€. They made a statement about the price change on their website but well, people in this thread already doubted the reasons stated, so yeah...
Maybe the games will eventually come up in a sale again. I'm still waiting as I won't pay that much money for games that were out on PC for years (and that I already have played on PC)

Well that sucks, ive done them all and really enjoy them. Caught in two minds now, the Enigmatis ones are my favourites so far.

• 3 months later...

Seems like, for the most part, Artifex Mundi releases a “new” game to PS4 near the end of every month... I’m trying to find out what the July game is since it’s almost August and is there a place where this information is published so I can anticipate future games? I’ve been on their website and it doesn’t seem like they update it regularly.

15 hours ago, Shipwreck24273 said:

Seems like, for the most part, Artifex Mundi releases a “new” game to PS4 near the end of every month... I’m trying to find out what the July game is since it’s almost August and is there a place where this information is published so I can anticipate future games? I’ve been on their website and it doesn’t seem like they update it regularly.

Im gonna have a stab at Lost Grimoires 3, all the other trilogys are complete apart from this one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...