Kill count trophies

Hey guys, I've just made a serious discovery that affects every trophy regarding a specific amount of kills, such as stealth kills or most importantly the gold trophy for the 1000 kills. I realised that statistics such as kill counts etc do not add up if you are using encounter select. I already had some stealth kills under my belt, but not enough for the 30-kills trophy so I used encounter select to farm them. I went over to see how many I needed and all the stats were reseted to zero! Even in my time played. So the trophy only popped when I did 30 stealth kills.... The problem is that when I returned to main menu and checked the stats, it was as I never played that encounter from encounter select... I saw the previous stats without the amount of kills from encounter select... So my problem is: how am I supposed to do 1000 kills in one sitting? I already have 494 kills but i can't use them? Does anyone know what is going on?
Edited by K_Tsoumas21

Have you tried doing chapter select instead of encounter select? Also make sure you save before exiting to the main menu. It is always good to check your stats before exiting out just to make sure it is increasing.

As far as the 1000 kill trophy I did this when I did crushing mode (since I died plenty of times).

20 hours ago, Starrk_01 said:

Have you tried doing chapter select instead of encounter select? Also make sure you save before exiting to the main menu. It is always good to check your stats before exiting out just to make sure it is increasing.

As far as the 1000 kill trophy I did this when I did crushing mode (since I died plenty of times).

Stats do pass over chapter select and add up to the already existing stats, but why this does not work in encounter select? Every time I open encounter select, all the stats are reseted to zero, and in the end they don't  add up to the existing ones, and no, there isn't any save button during encounter select.  I need encounter select in order to farm my trophies and I do not want to replay the game all over again in order to get 1000 kills.

• 3 years later...
On 8.7.2017 at 4:14 PM, K_Tsoumas21 said:

Stats do pass over chapter select and add up to the already existing stats, but why this does not work in encounter select? Every time I open encounter select, all the stats are reseted to zero, and in the end they don't  add up to the existing ones, and no, there isn't any save button during encounter select.  I need encounter select in order to farm my trophies and I do not want to replay the game all over again in order to get 1000 kills.

Hi K_Tsoumas21,

can you explain, how you handled this? I am in the same situation to clean up my last trophies (especially a kill with every weapon and the 1 000 kills). I am afraid, that I do it in the wrong way, since the stats from the main menu shows only all treasures, but no kills, and each savegame shows a different amount of kills. I dont want to waste my time.

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2020 at 5:57 PM, T-100 said:

Hi K_Tsoumas21,

can you explain, how you handled this? I am in the same situation to clean up my last trophies (especially a kill with every weapon and the 1 000 kills). I am afraid, that I do it in the wrong way, since the stats from the main menu shows only all treasures, but no kills, and each savegame shows a different amount of kills. I dont want to waste my time.

I can't remember it was a long time ago. Go check the guide i think it points an encounter where countless enemies spawn and you can farm kills

Edited by K_Tsoumas21

I had the same problem back when I played, but the statistics don't matter. I got the trophy when my statistics showed 628 kills or something like that. It DOES count across everything you play, including encounters, it just doesn't show.

EDIT: For the kill with every weapon trophy, you need to manually save inbetween if you do a cleanup via encounters.

Edited by Infernopommes

• 5 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 11:18 PM, Infernopommes said:

I had the same problem back when I played, but the statistics don't matter. I got the trophy when my statistics showed 628 kills or something like that. It DOES count across everything you play, including encounters, it just doesn't show.

EDIT: For the kill with every weapon trophy, you need to manually save inbetween if you do a cleanup via encounters.

How can you manually save between encounters though? All my stats get reduced to zero when I do a new encounter select, so I don't know if he counts all the weapons. I just did the 10 grebades trophy in encounter select and I got the trophy after 10 enemies dropped the grenade, even though I am pretty sure I got a few during normal playthrough.

How can you manually save between encounters though?

Pause the game and select the save option ...

Maybe it doesn't work with encounters for the weapons, and you have to select the chapters instead, I can't remember. So load up chapter 20 (I think) and give yourself all the weapons that you can (unlock and purchase them), except the chapter related ones. Then save manually, select the next chapter with one of the chapter related weapons, DON'T autosave, rinse and repeat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 9:46 AM, Infernopommes said:

Pause the game and select the save option ...

Maybe it doesn't work with encounters for the weapons, and you have to select the chapters instead, I can't remember. So load up chapter 20 (I think) and give yourself all the weapons that you can (unlock and purchase them), except the chapter related ones. Then save manually, select the next chapter with one of the chapter related weapons, DON'T autosave, rinse and repeat.

Yeah the weird thing is. I am sure I did at least half of the grenade trophy, where the enemy had to drop them, but during encounter select I had to do it 10 times. And during the encounter all my stats were 0 and when I backed out of the encounter, it didn't save the stats. 

I also think I messed some things up during the speedrun glitch. I am currently doing the 1000 kills trophy with my girlfriend during normal play and doing chapter select it said we only killed 13 people. When actually playing thr game we had more than 300, so I probably messed something up.

Edit: Just got the 1000 kills trophy around 170 according to the stats. So the stats are glitched, but it still counts. Just not during encounters.

Edited by DoodgraverNL