Games you're NOT looking forward to achieving 100%/Platinum... but you'll do it anyway...

Basically as the title says, there are some good games and some bad games, some are easy and others are frustratingly difficult and as a trophy hunter, what games do you intend to play for the 100% score or the platinum but you're not looking forward to it because you know it's going to be a total head ache.

My 100th Milestone is Metal Gear Rising Revengence - I know that'll cause me some problems

And eventually when I get all my easy boosting games out the way with, I'm going to 100% Pain on PS3 which I know will cause me ALOT of problems

What's yours? ;)

• Like 3

I intend to finish everything on my list...eventually. I mainly hate games that have collectibles, even when there's not that many (which is why I haven't platted any Uncharted's yet).

My main one is Infinite Warfare . I hate zombie trophies, especially when you have to rely on your teammates aswell.

Also I'd say Titan Souls. Played it for a bit, and I couldn't really get into it. I think you have to play it through something like 5 or 6 times aswell...hooray ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I intend to finish everything on my list...eventually. I mainly hate games that have collectibles, even when there's not that many (which is why I haven't platted any Uncharted's yet).

My main one is Infinite Warfare . I hate zombie trophies, especially when you have to rely on your teammates aswell.

Also I'd say Titan Souls. Played it for a bit, and I couldn't really get into it. I think you have to play it through something like 5 or 6 times aswell...hooray 1f612.png

Come to rub that meat boy platinum in my face huh? hahaha

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Fun and funny topic!  I have to play through Lords of the Fallen twice more to get the last of the trophies. Not looking forward to it. The game itself isn't too bad, but the entertainment value fades after the first go.

Right there with you. On my second play through. trying to run through it, but you can not really do that in this game. so it is a drag. 

• Like 1

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

Let's see....All my UR games

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Tales of Xillia 2

Mugen Souls Z

Everybody's Golf - Vita

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Muramasa Rebirth

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

I'm seeing a theme here and have to agree with nearly all of them 

• Like 1

If I could go back in time, or maybe one day Sony makes all unobtainable trophies achievable again, I would go get the 2 missing trophies from Gran Turismo 5. From there I would continue with the Platinum journey. It would be actually fun while grinding for the Platinum. :)  

There are probably several in my backlog that fit this category, but one that comes to mind easily is Yakuza 5. I think it'll be a fun game, but I've heard it takes many, many, many hours to plat. I get the feeling it will stop being fun after awhile.

Well if you're referring to trophies that instill dread in trying to acquire I'd say the multiplayer trophies from The Last of Us, since it seems like many of them are slogs.  To be fair I 100% understand that multiplayer trophies are valid inclusions in Platinum lists but will never understand why multiplayer elements are shoehorned into single player RPGs.

Any trophy that requires you to do anything 100+ times with other players when the community for that game is all but deceased (Qurare's co-op trophy for example).

I don't mind super challenging trophies but super grind trophies I find somewhat uninspired.

Raiden IV

Nuclear Throne

EDF 4.1

Sine Mora EX

SMB Forever (providing it has a plat)

Cloudberry Kingdom

VVVVV (Very skeptical about this)

I Am Bread

Surgeon Simulator

Crypt of the NecroDancer 

+ many more that I can't think of right now. I plan to do all these games before I die at least. Crypt of the NecroDancer and VVVVV are probably the killers of this list although there are other very hard games here too. For now I must continue my struggle with Trials Fusion. 

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines. I plat'd Disgaea 3 on the Vita and as my first Disgaea game, it was kind of a headache. But I got it done... some 100 hours later. But I'm still kinda worried about Disgaea 4 since there doesn't really seem to be a proper trophy guide, but I'll have to look around more. And I'm not sure if it has an easy leveling exploit like 3 did.

As for Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, I hardly know anything about the game other than it has a lot of Ultra Rare trophies that I want. At a glance, it sounds more time consuming than difficult, which is why I think I can do it. But it'll be another 100+ hour investment and I really hope I find the game to be at least moderately enjoyable.

Just now, Seabound117 said:

I had been considering picking that game up, what's the localization issue (translation, gameplay, performance?)

I don't complain too much about VA I hope that specific guydoesn't see this message but the VA here feels like they didn't try at all. The audio quality is so bad. Plus they removed some of the moves in Resurrection that made me play that one more enjoyable. It's just my opinion anyway. It's still fun but I tend to skip the story now and just head to the battle without knowing what happened. I will get back to it eventually.

It's still a good game to pick up for sure, I just like Resurrection more.

1 hour ago, FLCLcrim2 said:

Right there with you. On my second play through. trying to run through it, but you can not really do that in this game. so it is a drag. 

It sure is.  And I used the green magic on my first character, so I'll have to find a replacement for Stabby Larry, which was my favorite magic attack.