Games you're NOT looking forward to achieving 100%/Platinum... but you'll do it anyway...

I kind of want to attempt the Dragon Quest Heroes platinum, since it doesn't seem all that hard, but definitely seems like it'll be tedious as all hell.

I've actually been enjoying this game a lot more than I thought after keeping it in my backlog for a year. I've been a Dragon Quest fan for quite some time, so the music and characters from past games in the main series is very nostalgic. It definitely gets old quickly though, and I've had to play this game in short bursts each time (like 1-2 hour sessions each). Builders was a lot more enjoyable.

Atelier Totori. I don't know... I got to some desert area and got my ass handed to me by the regular monsters. Travelling around the map takes so long and I feel like whatever I do wastes too many in game days. It's supposed to be an easy plat too.

Legends of War and Rocketbirds HBC are two games I could and should finish but that damn vita touch pad and I just don't get along. 

Would also like to add the Bit.Trip to the list but that would mean I actually have the skill to finish it which I don't. 

@Zanreo - Puppeteer isn't that bad to get those trophies.  A few tries should be enough, and I hate it when people say "it's easy". 

Edited by audiopile

Surgeon Simulator

I already started it back in April but it will be one of those games that I will keep picking at very slowly until I get that 100%. It doesn't help that I will also have to get A++ in every surgery instead of just the first 6 surgeries. As soon as I have that done, I have I Am Bread installed and ready to go too. I don't know, I must be a sado-masochist or something ?

• Like 2

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance.

The game has online trophies, back when I had no idea about finding boost partners.

More than 2 months after the last trophy...

The game was glitched after we defeated the final boss, forced we to quit the session, missed the trophy we supposed to get.

On the other day, when I managed to find a 4-players session, I suggested on chat to get that trophy - and we got it and plat'ed(finally). :D

On 7/7/2017 at 7:28 PM, ExHaseo said:

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. I want all of the "Tales of" plats eventually, but I really hate this game. I played the original version on Wii, and it was just awful. I'm hoping that moving it to PS3 helped make it at least tolerable, but I haven't worked up the courage to try it yet.

But courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality!

Seems like lots of people dread DotNW. It only took me 55 hours (+45 idling).

9 hours ago, Xillia said:

Atelier Totori. I don't know... I got to some desert area and got my ass handed to me by the regular monsters. Travelling around the map takes so long and I feel like whatever I do wastes too many in game days. It's supposed to be an easy plat too.

Yeah, don't walk around on the map. It's counter-intuitive, but the simplest way to progress in Atelier Totori is just to do rote errands for months, and then buff up near the end.

I hated that game.

Insult simulator for sure. That shit is annoying. Then some backlog stuff like the Infinite Warfare Easter egg or Battlefield hardline Menz in tha hood or whatever that stupid ass trophy is named. Not looking forward to any of those. I don't have much free time anymore so that stuff is gonna be a grind.

1 hour ago, dertswa687o said:

For me at least, I dread it because I know it's a bad game. Especially compared to the original. They changed a bunch of the original character's VA, and that bothers the living hell out of me. The battle system isn't as good as the original. The game looks pretty bad and a bit awkward and stiff. And from the few hours I played the Wii version, the story wasn't very good either. Even if it just takes 55 hours, that's 55 hours of playing a bad game. And no one wants to play a bad game for 55 hours. If it wasn't a Tales game, most people probably wouldn't play it at all.

4 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

For me at least, I dread it because I know it's a bad game. Especially compared to the original. They changed a bunch of the original character's VA, and that bothers the living hell out of me. The battle system isn't as good as the original. The game looks pretty bad and a bit awkward and stiff. And from the few hours I played the Wii version, the story wasn't very good either. Even if it just takes 55 hours, that's 55 hours of playing a bad game. And no one wants to play a bad game for 55 hours. If it wasn't a Tales game, most people probably wouldn't play it at all.

Yeah, I agree with you. It's not a great game by any means and the voice acting bothered me. I actually did enjoy the combat though. After playing some of the newer battle systems like Zestiria and Berseria it was nice to go back to the simple battle system similar to the older games. The monster collecting is pretty fun too. I think if it weren't set in Symphonia's world it would've been better received.

1 hour ago, dertswa687o said:

Congrats on that!

For some reason, I can't get a quiz to trigger. I am sure that I have seen every quiz in the game (I checked them off), but one just didn't go through, which is a real feces kicker.

Anyway, I'm blah blah blahing. Having finished Remember Me, the next one I'm not looking forward to is Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. For whatever reason, I despise the voice work in that game, and the control feels gummy.

Edited by starcrunch061

I always intended to get the plat in FFX and Tales of Zesteria as there were 2 trophies in each game I couldn't get (Chocobo trainer race and lightning dancer in FFX, and the weapon skill synthesis trophies in ToZ as I never understood how the whole skill sheet even worked, let alone get the trophies which I unfortunately did not get "naturally").

I might go back to FFX, but I dread the grind of filling up the sphere grid, Blitzball and winning the chocobo race. ToZ was a flop as I really hated the game, so I won't bother with that.

Tales of Symphonia... not difficult but needs 5 playthrough's with no scene skip function.. not sure about this one and whether it's worth pulling my PS3 out of the box. 

Persona 4 Golden with the hard core Risette trophy is another I dread. If I get Persona 5, the platinum duration seems very long as well.

11 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Persona 4 Golden with the hard core Risette trophy is another I dread. If I get Persona 5, the platinum duration seems very long as well.

I know people list horror stories about this, but Hardcore Risette is actually a pretty simple trophy. I was all wound up over it, and it popped much earlier than people suggested. It would be a shame to miss out on Golden because of it.

• Like 1

In my limitless backlog of time-sinking games, I choose the Tales of series as the one I want to play more, and yet the one I dread to spend too much time on. I'd also like to take FFXII, but back then I spent 150 hours on it without even getting close to be able to fight some bosses...

On 7/7/2017 at 3:14 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Let's see....All my UR games

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Tales of Xillia 2

Mugen Souls Z

Everybody's Golf - Vita

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Muramasa Rebirth

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

ToX2 i don't think is ultra rare? when i plat. it a few months ago it was like somewhere in the 5%'s i believe, nearing 6%. it did take me awhile to get into though, but when it clicked it was pretty fun. muramasa wasn't to bad either, fury mode is kinda trial and error for some of the first bosses, but when you can start buying whetstones it gets easier as you go. i feel like anything i can platinum, most people can in terms of difficulty, cause i'm not a fan of difficulty and frustration. xD maybe not some of the grindier ones though as those games require time and patience to see it through lol.

i loved symphonia back in my teen years on GCN, but the plat. seems a bit extreme, i wonder if i'll do it someday. but 4 playthroughs, no skipping cutscene option, needing to be glued to a walkthrough every second for each play is a pretty darn intimidating lol.

so yeah on topic, for me it would be tales of symphonia, if i do. but game that comes to mind right now is SAO HF. got 110 hours in and see no light at the end, luckily after sometime off i will still have fun coming back i believe, but been dying to play P5 so timeout for SAO HF lol.

EDIT: oh, and summer humidity makes really any platinum a challenge, let alone quality game time. my gaming ethic seems to be a ton less enjoyable during the heat, so hard to be enthusiastic about putting in that time. during fall/winter, any cooler days is when my gaming high is at its best feeling as i like colder weather, and heat makes me tired, weak, miserable, and depressed most of the summer. ugh. only got fans in my room and start to sweat the moment i move slightly away from them. :c

Edited by RJP_X